bubbles oozing from DSB

• SRC Member

hi guys!

my seahorse's tank's dsb is forming bubbles in the #0 sand and oozing out to the top. issit normal? read alot abt the dsb must at least be 3-4inch, but mine's only 2inch, cos of tank's height. anybody pls give me some advice. Thanks! :bow:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

erm..... nt sure of that, when view from the side, u can see the top 1inch wif alot of bubbles forming, another inch towards the bottom no bubbles. :huh: My DSB only a mth plus old. NO3 high! 40.....m! cos i'm trying to get them to feed on frozens. :(

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

my dsb is like that too i think the bubbles are the air voids that were initially at the bottom trapped when u placed your sand... so now, they are forcing their way up... thats just what i think it is... u try pressing your sandbed, more bubbles will come out.

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

sorry, i meant feeding my ponies frozens.... :P i did try shifting the sand bed slowly to release the bubbles a couple of times liao, but they still keep forming bubbles! :blink:

hi guys!

my seahorse's tank's dsb is forming bubbles in the #0 sand and oozing out to the top. issit normal? read alot abt the dsb must at least be 3-4inch, but mine's only 2inch, cos of tank's height. anybody pls give me some advice. Thanks! :bow:

When you first step up . ..

did you place water in tank first then sand or the other way round ?

• SRC Member

when first setup, sand was the first to go in then water, but i did stir the sand over and over to release the trap bubbles. let the water settle down wif a powerhead for a week b4 adding salt and liverocks. :)

sorry, i meant feeding my ponies frozens.... :P i did try shifting the sand bed slowly to release the bubbles a couple of times liao, but they still keep forming bubbles! :blink:

Ha, i'm currently experiencing what you're having there. Its most probably nitrogen gas, product of denitrification. It's a good thing :)