Fish from reb***

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Forgot to mention that their softies, esp the shrooms, zoos and leathers are perfectly fine and CHEAP.

There was once I was at s**l**e first, where I bought a rock of Green-striped shrooms for 14bucks... then I went to r****n where I found a rockful of Blue-striped shrooms for 5 bucks.

Felt SO ripped off...

I do agree that we do make mistakes now and then....poor fish stock in LFS may not be the fault of the shop. LS are collected from different sources....is up to us consumers, we can reject buying those LS that are cynide caught.

What I find it difficult to accept is LFS no knowing their limits, they overstocked for simply one reason.....that is for $$$$$. I see tanks and tanks with overloaded fishes. Imagine a powder blue or clown tang in those small floating containers for days and even weeks, they are LS that needs space to swim about to be happy. I do feel sad for them. Some LFS mentioned in this thread do have this undesired practice, as AT had said, we can only hope that they improve their husbandry skills.

BTW, there are more and more hand caught specimens on sale locally...you can check out LCK 1** from time to time...they are one of the MANY LFS that brings in hand-caught LS...

• SRC Member

bought a medium sized whitecheek tang from reborn last week. the tang is too big for my tank but i figure it beats having to struggle in those small basket(those used by fruit hawkers). keeping small clowns in those floating baskets is bad enough but a medium sized tang? i bet the agony is comparable to our own subaru challenge. don't usually buy ls from reborn but the tang;s condition is pefect(how often does that happen in reborn?) and i figure its condition isn't going to last for long in that sort of cage. it is now swimming in my tiny tank happily as if it found paradise.

ps: it developed slight whitespots but has since recovered.

darren

I do agree that we do make mistakes now and then....poor fish stock in LFS may not be the fault of the shop. LS are collected from different sources....is up to us consumers, we can reject buying those LS that are cynide caught.

What I find it difficult to accept is LFS no knowing their limits, they overstocked for simply one reason.....that is for $$$$$. I see tanks and tanks with overloaded fishes. Imagine a powder blue or clown tang in those small floating containers for days and even weeks, they are LS that needs space to swim about to be happy. I do feel sad for them. Some LFS mentioned in this thread do have this undesired practice, as AT had said, we can only hope that they improve their husbandry skills.

BTW, there are more and more hand caught specimens on sale locally...you can check out LCK 1** from time to time...they are one of the MANY LFS that brings in hand-caught LS...

What about, chocolate, sohal and other tang in one small 4 feet tank :lol::lol::lol::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

okok joking

Don't just condemn just yet. They are improving. The past few times I went there...the uncle was either removing dead fish from tanks...or changing water for the fish. Definitely improving. :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

What about, chocolate, sohal and other tang in one small 4 feet tank :lol::lol::lol::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

okok joking

DA....can I dropby your place...?

I have some hungry triggers from triggerQueen's tank to put in your tank...definitely like crunching your SPS :evil::evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member
:angry: dun understand you guys..... now if you cond@mN a particular lfs den dun go there lorr...... why keep going there and den come back to the forum to complain leiiiiiii????? <_<<_<

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

Sometimes, they got no choice but to order excessively to give us consumers more competitive pricing. When the buying stops, the killing stops. As long as there are customers, there will surely be mortality rates along the way.

It's an undeniable fact of all aquariums, even the underwater world. You might see a happy stingray swimming about in the water...but many others might have been sacrificed just to get that healthy specimen.

• SRC Member

Someone posted in another thread that they R being inspected (??). Is it due 2 public complaints, 4 their lack of care/cleanliness/upkeep etc.?? Or R inspections done at random? :huh:

MayB after the inspections they will buck up ... we can only hope ...

After all, they do bring in a good variety of LS/mushrooms that R reasonably priced, mayB a better upkeep will help out.

Personally, I think they have a lot of good potential ... just need 2 do a bit of re-thinking ... "re-scaping". Their 2nd level area is also improving a lot. I wonder how long they have been in business (??) ... if they R "seasoned" businessmen in the marine arena, they should have been "acclimatised" by now. There's still hope ...

P.S : I still go there ... everytime, hoping things will get better. Never give up ... ;)

• SRC Member

i heard that they have been in this biz for about 20 years.. previously moved from paya lebar to lavender... as they have large stocks coming in and the retailers crowd in to get their stocks whenever shipments come in they dun have much time scrubbing and so forth... found from lady boss they have 2-4 shipments per week. it's true that they often have a large number of buttons and mushrooms to choose from.

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member
i heard that they have been in this biz for about 20 years.. previously moved from paya lebar to lavender... as they have large stocks coming in and the retailers crowd in to get their stocks whenever shipments come in they dun have much time scrubbing and so forth... found from lady boss they have 2-4 shipments per week. it's true that they often have a large number of buttons and mushrooms to choose from.

MayB they should get/operate a farm too :P. That way they can do the distribution & sorting out of LS/corals etc. at their farm (ie. farms being wet/dirtier as most R usually) & send the good & healthy specimens 2 their shop in Lavender, 2 sell.

Since they've got good contacts/shipments weekly, they might do better if they re-access their distribution line - then they can make more $$ & yet save LS lives & inturn contribute 2 the marine arena by being better & responsible LFS owners.

That might solve the problem ... but of course running a farm is not cheap lah (I know).

There's hope yet ... :peace:

MayB they should get/operate a farm too :P. That way they can do the distribution & sorting out of LS/corals etc. at their farm (ie. farms being wet/dirtier as most R usually) & send the good & healthy specimens 2 their shop in Lavender, 2 sell.

Since they've got good contacts/shipments weekly, they might do better if they re-access their distribution line - then they can make more $$ & yet save LS lives & inturn contribute 2 the marine arena by being better & responsible LFS owners.

That might solve the problem ... but of course running a farm is not cheap lah (I know).

There's hope yet ... :peace:

Yup..the rent alone is enuff to suffocate you..

:angry: dun understand you guys..... now if you cond@mN a particular lfs den dun go there lorr...... why keep going there and den come back to the forum to complain leiiiiiii????? <_<<_<

dun think guys are complaining.....we are into this hobby and guys just feel uncomfortable to see fishes suffering in LFS that are not handling the LS properly.... probably the forum is a way to express their concerns, just a platform... ;)

yes ...certain LFS does have undesirable practices...but that doesnt mean that we totally give up on them...they still provide good selection of corals. And guys still visit the place to get the corals...I am sure the LS are not moving fast enough, somehow the boss should get the hint sooner or later..... :lol: ..I hope

• SRC Member

actually i wouldn't think that the LS there is not moving fast enough.. hmm, cuz i live rather close i would drop by there for fun occassionally...

sometimes kpo kpo ask them when their next shipment is den i would go and see what new stuffs they have. within 2-3 days those stocks are almost gone! well well... perhaps some might have died, but how can all LS die and the shop keep getting new shipments on long term basis? people must have purchased them.

just my 0.02.

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol:

if i am reborn's "god-daughter" den i would want to have each of everything in my 2.5ft tank..aiyah, should ask "god-father" to sponsor me a 9ft tank or something to appease my passion...... :P:P:P

perhaps some might have died,

keke....if ask most guys here....I think most died or shipped out b4 they twitched to death in the tanks :lol::lol::lol::upsidedown::upsidedown::lol: