Fish from reb***

• SRC Member

got a radiata on sunday . about 5 inches to wack off my damsels. looked fine. after 1 day my foxface kept hiding wouldnt come out. this morning . its dead half the body ok. the other half black with holes and open wounds. Radiata still sitting around . doesnt swim much. came home from sch noticed its tail is gone. left the skeleton of the tail and the flesh is receding down the back of the fish towards the front. never seen before. really sickening coz my foxface is one of the first ever fish i bought long long ago back when i still had my 2ft . now it just dies like that. BLEH. damsels still swimming around happily. other livestock ok. will remmeber to think twice from now on whenever i buy fish from a place that has just about more dead fish than live ones swimming in its holding tanks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I buy all my fishes there. Ya, I have similar experiences. Now, I look at the fishes more carefully b4 I buy. Still buying from them 'cos they are more accessible to me. SL is close but its opening hours are not friendly to me, me usually not free between 1300-2000hrs.

Cheers,:D

• SRC Member

hi bro,

You are not the only one having this terrible experience. I think mine is worse than you.

I bought an juvenile emperor angel and it died the next day for no reason. There are about seven fishes in my tank and they are very healthy. Even my bicolour angel is eating and surviving well.

Did not want to give up so went there again to buy a purple tang. The next day immediately developed white spots. Tried to treat it by using myxalin but it was useless.

Worst still it spreaded to the rest of my fishes and within 2 days my whole setup was completely wiped out :cry2:

Im just wondering why the fishes i bought from elsewhere are very healthy. I introduced them to my tank the same way and they all survived happily.

Anyway i do not want to condemn any lfs but just be careful when buying new fishes.Look carefully before purchasing.

• SRC Member

bro...

have u heard of quarantine????

it applies everywhere....

im not protective of RB

but everyfish i bought from there i quarantine..

and so far all are doing ok except for the hermit ... hehe forgot to feed it seafood...

anyway..

rem choose a healthy fish and QUARANTINE it!

• SRC Member

if it has a flesh eating disease.. and i quarantine it... Chances are... the disease is not going to dissapear by itself in the magical quarantine tank. i guess i have no luck with RB fish. nothing i bought from there has ever survived more than a few days. and honestly their dead fish in their tanks are rotting to the bone already. how many weeks never take out. the water is murky too . this lion was the healthiest i could find. either this or a 8 inch golden trevally . i had enough of damsels

There is always an element of luck involved in choosing livestock.

Its a hit and miss thing. I have purchased fish from Reb*** before, some are gone, some are still around. Not that I'm trying to support the shop.

I have setup a quarantine tank as an insurance. Works for me.

• SRC Member

bro...

have u heard of not relying on pure 50 50 luck when buying livestock.

Hit and Miss ??? u Say its hit and miss and u still continue to buy livestock from a place that is hit and miss?? too rich ? . Or compulsive gambler?

maybe u dont know.. but buying livestock from a reputable place is not exactly hit and miss.

• SRC Member

I support... the fish will die the next day..even skunk shrimp..

But I still like to buy fish from there leh...cheaper..

Every fish that survive is reborn, else it's a dead fish in their tank.

Tank 4x2x2.5

Hi Spider,

I had the same experienced, bought 2 fishes from there and both died. The rest of my fishes in my tank are from other suppliers.

Found out that they never quarantine their fishes.

Lesson learnt dun buy the fishes when it's newly arrived especially from them. ;)

• SRC Member

I brought my wife to there once. And she is a relatively amateur when it comes to marine fishkeeping.

After the visit, she said she never wanted to visit that place again.

Even she understands that dead rotting fish and algae infested tanks are no good.

• SRC Member

yea, radiata is a kind of lionfish. yeah, i've heard stories about this place too. but then again, some of you got to admit that they do bring in some nice zooanthids sometimes.

I support... the fish will die the next day..even skunk shrimp..

But I still like to buy fish from there leh...cheaper..

Every fish that survive is reborn, else it's a dead fish in their tank.

One of the only place i see dead skunk cleaner everywhere

• SRC Member

One of the only place i see dead skunk cleaner everywhere

No wonder die just 1 day.. Tu lan. $10 somemore..

This has formed in me a phobia in buying skunk shrimp again eversince..

Reb**n really suck.

Tank 4x2x2.5

Ever noticed that the lionfish in re***n are always in bad shape?

no offence to the shop but it reminds me of this den where highly illegal operations are carried out. I don't know. maybe its the layout of the entire place?

the first time I went there, I saw a dead lionfish at the foot of the rack. to make matters worse, employees just kicked it around *not intentionally of course* like its a football. nobody made the effort to pick it up. =\

I did however see a blue tang *I think it is a blue tang* without its tail. don't know whether it got bitten off or it grew up as a mutated version, minus the tail. pretty unique though. although the poor sod had hell of a good time trying to swim. =\

I wish they will do something about their operations. They have so much potential but their husbandry skills are so lacking.

I try to visit the place from time to time again, hoping for a change so I can buy from them... but alas... somethings never do change.

But we can still hope... :)

I wish they will do something about their operations. They have so much potential but their husbandry skills are so lacking.

I try to visit the place from time to time again, hoping for a change so I can buy from them... but alas... somethings never do change.

But we can still hope... :)

I know this sounds far of...but is there any way we can prompt them about their actions/husbandry skills?

the power of customer feedback....so. urh yah. anyway? or just wishful thinking?