LFS selling Fuji Lr

PR has those thick branches kinda LR which are hard to find

think 20/kg.

fiji LR = 1 st grade LR

(more porous)(better shapes)(found in deeper waters)

if u go to PR and look at the fiji LR u can see the diff...

correct me if im wrong

^_^

you said something about shapes. hmmm...I know this sounds sadistically brutal, but is there anyway I can just..."cut" the live rock up or something? :P

oh wait. rocks. I doubt you can just slice through them like that. urh okay stupid question. wishful thinking anyway. hahah thanks! (=

now I know the difference between the rocks. hurhur.

• SRC Member

theres a lot of info on the net regarding LR.

just read up on them and u will noe more, i spent a month of reading before i venture into marine...

if u wanna save cash..

u can get those 7/kg or 8/kg lr for ur base like 30 %and the remaining 70% of more quality LR or rocks with unique shapes

cheers!

:D

• SRC Member

read somewhere on the net tt u can create ur LR too .

(provided u have the time and patience)

using cement.

the process may take up to 3 months to curing the 'dead' rock.

and mayb a year or 2 for it to become LR.

very interesting...

im going to try it next time when i upgrade to a bigger tank.

cheers!

:lol:

read somewhere on the net tt u can create ur LR too .

(provided u have the time and patience)

using cement.

the process may take up to 3 months to curing the 'dead' rock.

and mayb a year or 2 for it to become LR.

very interesting...

im going to try it next time when i upgrade to a bigger tank.

cheers!

:lol:

well they did create dolly the sheep and a whole host of other genetically altered creatures. I'm sure the sky is the limit when it comes to such....alterations? :P

think with a chisel and hammer...u can create what shapes u want from a cheaper liverock lor....maybe carve a mermaid ;)

haha short of using TNT for those stubborn shapes and all? but seriously, wouldn't doing any of these...chiselling and re-modelling destroy the integrity of the rock altogether? a bit like shaking the skeleton to make the surface look better....

actually quite if not most of the LR have been chiselled off bigger rocks to get to the size we see in LFS....so if u wanna chisel...should be not problem as long as u dont use them as foundation of your rockwork in case there are fracture lines developed that you couldn't see...

eh if thats the case, aren't the rocks we used *if they are chiselled* developing hairline cracks as we speak right now. uh-oh. or is it some sort of weird chaos theory I've conjured up. =\

any experts here on this issue?

a simple way to see it is that all those corals we buy from LFS are usually chiselled off the parent piece...do we see any hairline cracks? some yes...but most not i think...

like the pieces of mushrooms on rocks....must be a huge rock of them growing in the reef..but somehow was broken/chiselled using some tools to get them to the size we have in our tanks ...

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

真诚制作约克大学文凭毕业证Q微707091118办理York学历认证毕业证成绩单,专业办理教育部官网学历认证,国外留服认证 York University

2. 0

真诚制作高贵林学院文凭毕业证Q微707091118办理CC学历认证毕业证成绩单,专业办理教育部官网学历认证,国外留服认证CoQuitlam College

3. 0

真诚制作不列颠哥伦比亚理工学院文凭Q微707091118制作BCIT学历认证毕业证成绩单,专业办理教育部官网学历认证,国外留服认证British Columbia Institute of Technology

4. 0

真诚制作尼亚加拉学院文凭毕业证Q微707091118办理NC学历认证毕业证成绩单,专业办理教育部官网学历认证,国外留服认证Niagara College

5. 0

真诚制作乔治布朗学院文凭毕业证Q微707091118办理BCIT学历认证毕业证成绩单,专业办理教育部官网学历认证,国外留服认证George Brown College