Where to get my wisdom tooth taken out?

somebody

any recommendations? price? skill?

Hi bro somebody,

Look 4 Dr Chua from "Q&M Dental Surgery" clementi branch. Excellence skill and professional advice :P ! Price range $250 ~ 500, depend on the level of surgery :evil: . anyway, pay up front and claim back full from medisave after 2~ 3 month time lei :yeah: .

I have extracted 2 weeks ago, no pain after surgery except the initial stage...2~ 3 injection of Ba Bi needle..hehehe :lol: ! 5 ~7 days MC to rest at home, again depend on level of surger ;) .

This wisdom tooth torch me for more than 5 years liao, when kena heaty, the gum swollon like hell and pain like jumping down to the sea :( ! Finally, i have decided to extract and l luck to find such a good and experience dentist, Nightmare gone :eyebrow: !

cheers.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
any recommendations? price? skill?

best if you are in the army - do it there. FOC - and got at least 7 days MC. can relax at home. If not, then burn a hole in pocket as outside dentist charge rather high. ;)

I am getting my Wisdom tooth extracted on Tuesday at AH... Price $450... Can pay by medisave...

Hi bro Terryz,

Mine also told $250~450, after extracted WT, total bill....S$488.00, luck number coming out :lol: !

Anyway, It's gd to extract out hor if it causes problem like gum swollen or pain :evil: !

Good luck :bow:

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

I just removed mine over the weekend at NTUC Denticare at Parkway Parade.

Look for Dr Robinson. Really good. I paid $425 through medisave. Ant only hade to pay $5 on that day for the consumables.

If you choose to pay by cash it's cheaper as medisave got to pay for the extra paperwork.

He did a goos job as my face did not even swell after the op due to the anti swelling med he gave me.

Gd Luck.

• SRC Member

So good? My 1st wisdom tooth removal was a nightmare! Need a few of the dentist staff to hold down my head. And when they finally managed to remove it, they were surprised as the dentist told me she has never seen a wisdom tooth with 4 long 'roots' before! Came out of the dentist room shaken as there were 2 staff holding my head down and 2 dentist taking turns pulling out the tooth. The worst part was when the pain killer injection wears off and I got a fever for 4 days.

Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else, it is a nightmare I do not want to go through again.

So good? My 1st wisdom tooth removal was a nightmare! Need a few of the dentist staff to hold down my head. And when they finally managed to remove it, they were surprised as the dentist told me she has never seen a wisdom tooth with 4 long 'roots' before! Came out of the dentist room shaken as there were 2 staff holding my head down and 2 dentist taking turns pulling out the tooth. The worst part was when the pain killer injection wears off and I got a fever for 4 days.

Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else, it is a nightmare I do not want to go through again.

Hi bro,

You got the wrong dentist la...may be junior or unexperienced 1 :lol::lol::lol: !!!

• SRC Member
I am getting my Wisdom tooth extracted on Tuesday at AH... Price $450... Can pay by medisave...

Terryz..you just walk in to AH to make appt or what?? i also wanted to extract my wisdom tooth off...sure use medisave 1 loh...so ex...lol :lol:

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

umm.. i got 3 of mine out one shot @ AH..

they injected 3 x location to numb my gums..

that is the only time u feel slight pain.. (but very gan chiong)

had aircon blowing directly @ me..

hand clashing the bedsheet of the operating table getting ready..

once its done, ur mouth is theirs to operate..

u can feel ur head going right and left, right and left again and again..

then shaking violently, drilling and stuff @ ur tooth

as u are totally awake..

BUT juz no pain @ all..

after that u can see urself in the mirror..

swollen lips like u had hotdog stick onto ur mouth..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i got mine done in during NS.. total cost is $550..

but FOC to me.. juz flash ur 11B!

heehee.. :cry: but now i spot the 4th one coming out..

Terryz..you just walk in to AH to make appt or what?? i also wanted to extract my wisdom tooth off...sure use medisave 1 loh...so ex...lol :lol:

Yup.. can make appointment first den they will ask you go for X ray and consulation (this need to pay)... After the dentist check liao... Will arrange a date for the operation...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
my dentist checked my teeth, mentioned that it might grow out more.

then he also said that extraction of wisdom tooth has risk of nerve damage. then there'll be numbness of the jaw there.

has any of your dentists mentioned that to you?

mine did. There is a slight risk that if it hits the nerve could have permanent loss of sensation and taste of that side of your mouth. But there's a 97% success rate and only 3% failure.

• SRC Member

no joke.. i got a classmate of mine..

his wife got one side (half) of her face temporary numb (paralyse)

dentist said the tooth got her nerves sumting like dat

got to go for OPs and get it removed immed..

aft the OPs, she is fine and no complains from her..

for some that manage to grow out straight or very slight crooked

and did not realli bother u..

i think its ok.. like me..

had it since secondary 3

got it out only when i am in NS..

haha.. no problem for my case..

BUT if it is realli bothering u,

i guess u better check it out, get it out oso..

:lol:

• SRC Member

Was referred to AH to remove my wisdom teeth. Upper left was impacted (growing sideways) and affecting my bite.

The doc, a she, did an x-ray and found that ALL 4 wisdom were impacted. So she suggested removing all in one shot. Got general anethestic (knocked out) at 10 am in the morning, woke ard 2 pm. My mom came to take me home as was groggy after that.

Didnt get swollen face though.. so lucky to avoid becoming pig's head like my fren. Total cost = $2200 but only paid $400 ++ after all the deductions. So still cheap as it is a one time thingy.

For the numbness.... happened to me also. can feel anything on my lower lips for abt 2 days. Can pinch like free, no pain. Luckily recovered sensations in the end.

If studying, think there are dental insurance, may be able to save some $$ if ur wisdom not out yet.... cant really remember the details though