Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get the emerald crab from? kinda brave adding a crab to such a large tank. Are they known to be completely reef-safe or sumtimes they run amok and start attacking other LS and corals?

from marine life bro..

not brave lah....there are no more corals left in this 4ft tank..only 1 lonely gorgonian...lol

and housing some fishes...and also bro blenny's coralfarm rocks before he collects them....then i either make it a permanent fish only tank or sell away lor....now it's my quarantine tank for my 6fter..hehe

yeah i may bring it over....the emerald crabs are very good algae eaters...very few cases whereby they attack fishes or shrimps...as long as there are enough algae for it to eat...but seriously after observing the crab...i think it's not agressive ...very peaceful looking...even the way it uses the claws to eat the algae is very graceful..not agressive at all..hehe

a few emerald crab users here....maybe they can also contribute more to the testimonial of emerald crabs?

• SRC Member

hey i got one in my sump also..

helps me clear the hair algae..

but it is short of one pincer...must be pai zui then lost to the idiot..

seems harmless lah..but not sure..it is alone with one snail in my ref..

• 2 weeks later...

yeah..alot of stuff sold...

i really owe bro blenny a big apology.....paiseh bro...even though you are cool about it....i very paiseh till can't eat dinner properly, even gf was not happy how come i wasn't concentrating at the dinner....

come back home then confirm the big boo boo...hahaha

here's the story....to understand you gotta go to page 38 of this thread.....

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...pic=5643&st=555

i posted selling 40kg of my tonga rocks.....and bro blenny graciously bought all and i housed for him till he was ready to collect..which was today....

then i weighed the rocks using another scale in another room...since the rocks werere located to another room and it read 20plus kgs only....wah liew..so i went to take my scale and weigh again.....bro blenny and i also confirm my scale reads 40 leh......

so i told bro blenny to go home weigh on his scales and let me know..any difference i pay him back....really still 20plus at his place....

then i can't eat my dinner, too many thoughts, most importantly very paiseh to bro blenny, dun want him to think that i wanna bluff him also...so sped home after sending my gf back to work...(hope i dun get a TP speeding ticket...lol)...

and check this thread again...to my horror....its 40.....POUNDS.....wat the....and somemore i posted in the thread for so long...no one pointed out the mistake to me also.....and worse, its my weighing scale, how come i can see wrong.....really must change specs liao..

so moral of the story is.....weigh your stuff properly and weigh proper spectacles....hahaha

and MILLIONS of thanks to bro blenny for so graciously accepting my mistake.....dun want to lose such a friend like him.....nice guy, nice wife, nice car....going to have a nice tank soon also...lol

ok....public apology here to bro blenny for my boo boo...hehe

对不起, 大 哥哥..hehe :peace:

• SRC Member

Hey Roidan !

:D I respect your attitude man ! Everybody makes mistakes, dun worry ....important thing is to accept it and apologize. That's cool !!!

Cheer up .....I think you are also a good friend to have by others too !

thanks bro golf.....

yeah man...really kek xin to eat dinner knowing that i made such a bad mistake man.....

that's why i so gan ziong about it....also dun want to owe bro blenny the money for the mistake....so faster hurry him for his bank account to transfer the money..

actually thought of passing him the money when he returns me the tubs and pumps when his tank comes...but the feeling of oweing someone money and make a mistake ....will make me sleepless tonite and end up rolling in bed...

so i have to make sure he gets back the money tonight otherwise i feel so bad and cannot sleep... :(

• SRC Member

Hey !

B) Take it easy lah !!!! I believe Blenny Bro can appreciates your sincerity and attitude. ;) Money return by tonite or next one or two days not impt liao. :angel: Its your thought that counts.

B) Cool man ! Sweet dreams, have a nice time with your gf and happy "surfing" lah !

From your experience in 6ft tank....one day I may seek your advise how to design and build a good one. Trying to get some placement shares in a few weeks time....if lucky to make some money...ke..ke..can start planning for new 6ft tank liao.

:D More Cheers!!!

yeah.....feel worse coz bro blenny so cool and patient about it...and somemore at his place he try all patterns to check the weight again.....

at least if he scold me for the mistake i may feel better...hehe

no lah...my experience in 6ft is as new as the tank itself...i am learning alot of new things now also....things i never faced before in my 2ft and 4ft tanks.....

but watever i know, of coz i can help you, no problem about that..hehe :)

wish you luck bro in your shares...dun set your sights on a 6ft tank lah..set it on big property..then can have a custom made 12ft long tank...hehe :)

• SRC Member

Wah siah...... :P 12ft Long Marine Tank.....my wife will slaugther me man ! She already complained I spend so much time on golf and marine stuff.

:P Now staying in a small 3 storey house....BIGGER house..... : ;):erm: I got to think...and think...and think....economy recovering, but not so stable with threats from Bird Flu H5N1, SARS, Terrorists, Taiwan-China tension, JIs and etc.....Cannot anyhow spend money leh ! Must slowly save for , investment, retirement and children's education.

So can only wait for some extra windfall from Placement shares lah...ke..ke... :D

Take care !!!

Golf

• SRC Member

:shock: Wah lao ! Marine fishes no pattern like LUOHAN leh....maybe throw some number balls for shrimps/ fishes to catch...then see the 4D number lah...ha! ha!

:eyebrow: Even if u can get celestial number, also dun buy 4D......me not interested in luck......how? Work for people lor.....think of ways to invest in assets, so that it can earn money for you in long term lor ....sweat dreams!!!

Off Topic Liao :off: Cheers!