Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I do share your pain. My purple queen has not been eating and is growing thinner and thinner day by day. I tried everything - from mysis to cyclop to live BS. Nothing seems to work *sigh* :cry2:

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

here's a list of what i tried...

caulerpa...a few types....rejected...

pellets...rejected.....

live brine shrimp...rejected.....

newly hatched brine shrimp..rejected....

hikari blood worm...rejected..

hikari brine shrimp..rejected..

hikari daphnia...rejected...

hikari mysis shrimp..rejected...

cabbage...rejected...

lettuce...rejected....

NORI...rejected...

I wonder what have i left out...LOL...

I do share your pain. My purple queen has not been eating and is growing thinner and thinner day by day. I tried everything - from mysis to cyclop to live BS. Nothing seems to work *sigh* :cry2:

Suggest you read more about purple queen frist before getting them..... IMO any purple queen that is not yet feeding should not be bought by a reefer unless he/she is willing to risk losing it(very high chances)... anyway purple queen is one fish that should never be attempt by newbie :lol:;) The purple queen i got was already feeding in the shop thus i dare to take the risk to buy it. Anyway since you already got it, IMo try cyclopeeze, zooplankton or maybe live brineshrimp to tempt it to eat..... Even so i would say the PQ has very high chaces of dying......

Anyway to get a PBT to eat is a fuss but to get purple queen to eat is a nightmare :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Suggest you read more about purple queen frist before getting them..... IMO any purple queen that is not yet feeding should not be bought by a reefer unless he/she is willing to risk losing it(very high chances)... anyway purple queen is one fish that should never be attempt by newbie :lol:;) The purple queen i got was already feeding in the shop thus i dare to take the risk to buy it. Anyway since you already got it, IMo try cyclopeeze, zooplankton or maybe live brineshrimp to tempt it to eat..... Even so i would say the PQ has very high chaces of dying......

Anyway to get a PBT to eat is a fuss but to get purple queen to eat is a nightmare :lol::lol:

It is saddening to see it avoid food and starving itself. It really is a nightmare. :( Guess that will put me off PQ for some time till I feel confident enough to really care for them. I will keep on trying in the meantime to get the fella to feed. Just hoping.

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

Bro..

try feeding them with marine algae...

it works..

that what i feed my naso... at first it donwan eat... but saw my yellow tang eat it... the naso will soon follow it..

but my naso eat abit only... then donwan to eat... left over staff is eaten by my yellow tang... :angry:

but my naso is active... will swim around sometime stay in the centre of my tank... for quite sometimes... at least better then it hide rite..

thinking of upgrading to a 4x2x2 tank... but will burn a hole in my pocket... maybe in the future.. gaining experience now... :P

It is saddening to see it avoid food and starving itself. It really is a nightmare. :( Guess that will put me off PQ for some time till I feel confident enough to really care for them. I will keep on trying in the meantime to get the fella to feed. Just hoping.

Maybe you can try zooplankton, thats the main food for anthias in the wild

• SRC Member

Hi Roidan,

Phew finally managed to go through 20 plus pages of your thread..blurry eye liao ( coming 4am liao ! )

I observe that the Ammonia alert that you are using ,you did not removed the protective patch ( center dot )

This will not work , as the center dot is the "thermometer" to trace for any element of Ammonia if you did not removed it.

The patch is protected to prevent wear and tear from Shipping and delivery.

Good nite... :fear:

an anemone that is either pink tipped or bleached...4 days in tank already...moving around the rockwork and finally found a spot where it likes..my tomato clown was a tour guide for it....heheh

it is only after it stopped moving then i dare to slowly put my corals in from now...

Looks like a Rose BTA :)

Hi Roidan,

Phew finally managed to go through 20 plus pages of your thread..blurry eye liao ( coming 4am liao ! )

I observe that the Ammonia alert that  you are using ,you did not removed the protective patch ( center dot )

This will not work , as the center dot is the "thermometer" to trace for any element of Ammonia if you did not removed it.

The patch is protected to prevent wear and tear from Shipping and delivery.

Good nite...  :fear:

actually hor...i did see a colour change as mentioned by some bros in the thread..the colour changed from yellow to light greenish....

there is a protective sheet as you said...but the protective sheet is the whole transparent white sheet that covered the whole unit...upon removing this transparent white sheet, if you still remove the center circle sticker that you suggested, then your ammonia will always be yellow (safe)...it is the circle yellow sticker that changes colour.....

whatever the case, whether to take out the center yellow circular sticker or not, it did changed colour even though i did not take out the circular sticker and thus showed its use anyway...well, cycling is already over long way back..so no problem....

i know petm$rt removed the center sticker....but somehow something tells me that the center sticker is the indicator that will turn colour....heheh...i think u see too many pages until you din notice the sticker change colour ah..hehe