My Reef pictures

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter
hey joe, how high are your lights away from water surface??? some of the colours of your acros are real good...u had the acros for long???

Mellow, lights are about 12 inches from water surface..... and I THINK ITS TOO HIGH.... :(

been thinking of lowering my lights too 4-6 inches from water surface......

Well, acros have been with me for some time... in fact tehy are jus in the process of colouring up after they got brown due to the new reef conditions....

Give me some time... cos once my New calcium reactor comes in and my dkh and calcium levels be in the optimum zone and lowered lights, they should look way much better......

and thanks for the compliments.....

Kevin, photos of full reef will only attract reefers with intentions to raid...... :P

• 2 weeks later...

In true SG style... WAH SEH!!!!!!!!! Joe_P in RC! :)

When will our turn? Morgie, Robe, Maxima, AGM, Spiff, Hon, Deepblue, WilliamMuk? So many other with nice tanks!

Stand up for Singapore, reef the best we can! :D

• SRC Member
In true SG style... WAH SEH!!!!!!!!! Joe_P in RC! :)

When will our turn? Morgie, Robe, Maxima, AGM, Spiff, Hon, Deepblue, WilliamMuk? So many other with nice tanks!

Stand up for Singapore, reef the best we can! :D

Dun arrow people....send your own pic up there and fly the S'pore flag again.

:whistle

• SRC Supporter

Yeah...... Post your pics there and create some fireworks.... :lol:

Appropriate title : THE CRAP IS BACK...!!!! :evil:

Joe, yeah.... and the SHIT will HIT the FAN?? Some people never change.

How you gonna tell them your reef will be no more soon? Gee.... can't believe you want to downgrade.

• SRC Supporter
Joe, yeah.... and the SHIT will HIT the FAN?? Some people never change.

How you gonna tell them your reef will be no more soon? Gee.... can't believe you want to downgrade.

Yup... I dun believe I can get this crazy....

Maybe jus spend the next few weeks staring into my reef... cos I will definitely gonna miss it... esp after all the the hardwork and $$$$ thrown into it....

Stay tune to Joe_p's new 2 footer SPS Reef..... :blink:

• SRC Member

Yup... I dun believe I can get this crazy....

Maybe jus spend the next few weeks staring into my reef... cos I will definitely gonna miss it... esp after all the the hardwork and $$$$ thrown into it....

Stay tune to Joe_p's new 2 footer SPS Reef..... :blink:

The idea change from 3ft to 2ft ?

I tho you are considering 4x4x2?

so the 2ft how to contain all the SPS in the 5ft ? :P

Well, I had a very very bad experience at RC a few years ago.

Some people there (one of the co-founders, one mod and two hardliner members if I can remember) couldn't believe my old tank was real and accused me of setting it up just for photography. DUH??! My wife was equally upset as me at their ridiculous accusations.

The comments about my tank being overstocked was fine. It may have been then. :rolleyes:

Then to call my tank a fake coz they don't see algae inside? Too clean?? They accused me of having a two-week old tank! LOL! Can you believe them?

They also assumed my yellow tang was being starved to death just because his stomach was shrunken when I took the pix. They also took issue with my four tangs in my 5.5ft tank, even though I had them for a year and they were all fat and healthy even when I later sold them off to a LFS and to pass the remainder to Morgan when I upgraded to my current tank a year ago.

I tried being patient explaining my tank... in the end, patient old me got sarcarstic and lost my cool coz the accusations from the Tang Police there got too much.

Funny thing is that I got lots of compliments and support from other posters at RC but in the end, those mods and hardliners that attacked me, decided to ban me because I really gave them hell back and they used the excuse that I used the word 'damn' as a profanity to ban me in the end to silence me. Duh? Coming from USA, that word is pretty mild.

All my friends who know me and have seen my tank in person, immediately wrote in to support me and defended me over their highhandedness... but guess what.. they too got edited or banned. Even my wife. LOL! Even a RC poster who stepped in to condemned their actions also got edited. What does that tell you?

Well, its been so many years but this unpleasant saga has stayed on my mind. I respect RC for everything that it has taught me and the few friends I made but the flame culture and heavyhanded Ang Mo opinions is something I vowed never to happen in SRC.

It's what turned a lot of overseas people off from sharing their tanks at RC. I am not sure that I am ready to reveal myself again for fear of being accused. Perhaps they can never believe the Asians are capable of having nice tanks. They do seem to think the worse of us... can't really blame them at times when you do see some of the HK overstocked tanks.

AT

• SRC Member

Hey I know how you feel AT. I experienced it for 20 years.

You think the US is all enlightened with respect to racial issues, but they are really not. The Asians are the last safe bastion they can pick on now that the blacks are off limits.

Disclaimer. This attitude is not true for the vast majority of americans, but it is the few bigots that ruins everything.