Willing to adopt gonioporas

FuEl

• SRC Member

fuel's goni is a long tentacle, different from mine and u cant really compare the way they 'bloom and smile'... but just the same, gonis are known to be short lived in captivity and highly not recommended.... guess i need a knock in the head for being so stubborn keeping it :erm::erm::erm:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
fuel's goni is a long tentacle, different from mine and u cant really compare the way they 'bloom and smile'... but just the same, gonis are known to be short lived in captivity and highly not recommended....  guess i need a knock in the head for being so stubborn keeping it  :erm:  :erm:  :erm:

Well, I saw that the LFS was keeping them well (the shop keeper even highlighted the jewel in his display tank to me) So I bought it. Next time have to be more careful... Did not know they don't do well in captivity.

So how about alv? Do they have the same problem?

• SRC Member

fuel, you want to be a freeloader, you just have to say. and the ideal title and subtitle for this thread would be 'no money' and 'give me your jewels please' respectively. don't have to hide your true intentions like this. if anything, i loathe people who think that they're a notch above the rest in what you percieve as something you think you can do really well. you'd buy more jewels if you had money won't you? but nw that you don't, you have to resort to asking those who have them to give their specimens to you? your actions are down right cunning.

should you bite back and tell me that you want to give the jewels a chance to survive and you love them and what not, and it's not cause you don't have money. i suggest you save your energy and use it to buy 4d or toto so that you can earn some money cause i believe that they're many reefer's tanks in which those jewels can do better in. stop your nonsense and be content. people work for what they have, i don't see why you should be a special breed.

'Willing to adopt goniporas..' ahh, what bu**sh*t, who isn't?

• SRC Member

hehe...ok...all is well.. B)

Actually started this thread because I looking forward to a 2nd goni... :angel: But then now broke already...take bus also got problem..thanks to the T5s, cooling fan, sump and weipro2012...haix.. :paiseh:

fuel: not to flame you but I was also under the impression you were doing it as a service to pple, like a rehab service, but a bit disappointed when I read this later post. I think better to say you would like another goniopora and would anyone who's gonio ain't doing well pls donate to you, you promise to take good care and look your present gonio is doing fine, etc.

fuel: not to flame you but I was also under the impression you were doing it as a service to pple, like a rehab service, but a bit disappointed when I read this later post. I think better to say you would like another goniopora and would anyone who's gonio ain't doing well pls donate to you, you promise to take good care and look your present gonio is doing fine, etc.

I thought he was asking ppl not to buy one since

its not really a easy coral to take care of... hehe..

anyway..

Oh well...people read things differently...my remark about getting another goniopora because I was broke is just pure sarcasm. :D Anyway...if others misinterpret it wrongly there is nothing I can do... B)

Reefer guy...your's is a different species of goniopora...that's why you don't see the polyps stretching out so long...

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

fuel, you want to be a freeloader, you just have to say. and the ideal title and subtitle for this thread would be 'no money' and 'give me your jewels please' respectively. don't have to hide your true intentions like this. if anything, i loathe people who think that they're a notch above the rest in what you percieve as something you think you can do really well. you'd buy more jewels if you had money won't you? but nw that you don't, you have to resort to asking those who have them to give their specimens to you? your actions are down right cunning.

should you bite back and tell me that you want to give the jewels a chance to survive and you love them and what not, and it's not cause you don't have money. i suggest you save your energy and use it to buy 4d or toto so that you can earn some money cause i believe that they're many reefer's tanks in which those jewels can do better in. stop your nonsense and be content. people work for what they have, i don't see why you should be a special breed.

'Willing to adopt goniporas..' ahh, what bu**sh*t, who isn't?

Haix...some people just can't get sarcasm. :angel:

rEAD THRU MY THREAD PROPERLY. I am not asking EVERYONE to give me their gonioporas. I'm only asking those people who have trouble caring for them to spare a thought for them. Caring for them as in getting them to extend their polyps properly..blahblahblah...

I am not as selfish as you think. Please get to know people before you make ridiculous comments.

I shall not waste my energy over this meaningless argument. You can think what you want... It does'nt affect me in any way. I'm going out now.

• SRC Member
Oh well...people read things differently...my remark about getting another goniopora because I was broke is just pure sarcasm. :D Anyway...if others misinterpret it wrongly there is nothing I can do... B)

Reefer guy...your's is a different species of goniopora...that's why you don't see the polyps stretching out so long...

...as i have stated....

• SRC Member

oh. and you can take sarcasm? i'm not judging. i'm just breaking down what you said in a claerer manner. i think people should learn from experience. you want to deprive them of that chance? from what i've read, i think you basically think you're some guru. if you will, please browse this entire forum. if you like me have realised, you're the only one by far with the cheek to say such stuff about giving stuff another chance and what not. humble yourself, save some money and go buy your own stuff.

oh. and you can take sarcasm? i'm not judging. i'm just breaking down what you said in a claerer manner. i think people should learn from experience. you want to deprive them of that chance? from what i've read, i think you basically think you're some guru. if you will, please browse this entire forum. if you like me have realised, you're the only one by far with the cheek to say such stuff about giving stuff another chance and what not. humble yourself, save some money and go buy your own stuff.

Wow...so I guess you are one of those people who keep stuff..and when they are not doing well, you would rather let them die in your own hands rather than let the more experienced care for them? If I am the kind who wants to get everything for free, my topic would have been 'pls give me all sort of corals'. Rather I have chosen to concentrate on goniopora sp. as they require waters high in nutrients for long term health. Most people with reef tanks here have too pristine waters for goniopora sp. I have to admit that I have a tank with lots of nutrients, that's why I am asking specifically for gonioporas and not SPS.

I have had experince with marine for more than 10 yrs already. I am NOT the most experienced here, but I have lots of space in my tank to accomodate 1 or 2 more goniopora.sp if people are willing to give them up if they are not really doing well in their tanks.

By the way, getting free stuff is not as good as you think it is. I still must face the possibilities of disease introduction and stuff like that.

I feel it is always best to save stuff if you have the ability to do so. Noticed I used the word ADOPT in my topic.

Other reefers here don't need you to judge or break down what I have said for them. They have brains to think for themselves whether it is worth to tompang their goniopora in my tank for the time being or for permanent residence.

I would suggest you stop being so self-righteous and being so antangonistic. Notice that you are the only person who is making so much noise? I have a feeling that you are the same person that annoyed me,bwilly and SpiderOne in a previous incident. If you are not..then just pls keep quiet. No one will miss your words. <_<

• SRC Member

i quote you 'I have a feeling that you are the same person that annoyed me,bwilly and SpiderOne in a previous incident.' so who's judging herE? me or you?

oh..

I want to adopt a ferrari.. tik I can still make do with 12pts to go..

not tat I want ppl to give.. I says adopt.. as some may not have

enuff money to buy fuel.. as with my years of studying cars..

I tik at least I can maintain it better ppl then those rich bums.. who

let it rot at home/warehouse..

at least I can differentiate the click click sound could be front shaft problem rather than a cricket in the car..

I dun mean it to be a flaming war.. but the heading is really misleading in all ways.. some ppl take it differently but if u do likewise may meant another thing.

eg. a beggar just sat there, did he ask u to give him a penny..? well, he did..

or did he tell u, "wei, sire.. I hear some jinglin in your pants, I should lighten yr load, n off you go, way lighter.. I did u a great service too.. yeah.. pour them all in my dirty hands.. yeah.. notes too if u dun mind.. "

It best to have a clear and concise heading, so at least ppl can expect exactly in the thread too. (eh.. at least I can rebuke properly..haha..opps)

Another incident I have is when I went patpong to see some real "action"..

it was indicate.. no cover charge.. good show.. went in. waited 30mins.. no show.

one ang mo went to complain, the punk tell him, never indicate got "action".

If everything can put clearly, then there's no such misunderstanding n less bloodshed.

Cheers.. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

hey...bros...I think this should end liao as I believed whoever needs to eat humble pie has eaten them and let's not continue just to prove that your wits are better than mine...can? :)

Let there be peace on earth... :yeah::wub:

how come talk abt ferrari ??

he must have been staring at the latest dbs black card advert too much...the black ferrari is really cool......makes you feel like signing up for the card just to get a chance for the draw :lol:

Aiya.... yoohoo!! Cool down babes..

Anyways, u mean really can tombang??? And take back when its healthy??

Ya..no problem..can tompang for awhile..I have space in my tank for now...but when I start getting my clams you will have to take it back..if not I wun be able to see my clams anymore... :blink:

1/4 of my tank view is already blocked by my gonio.. :blink: Just today around 2pm a few polyps actually extended about 1cm below the water surface.... :blink: