Tank crash Decomming

• SRC Member

Hope these reefers dun come back and moan abt getting cheated then. I have been to his place b4, no doubt many tanks, but all for making profits from re-sale i guess.

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

indeed. personal attacks are quite obvious here.

i mean, he has plenty of tanks in his house, if you ever been to his house b4. if you doubt him soooooooo much, why dont you make a trip down to his house, instead of being a keyboard hero.

might do your reputation some good.

but then bro clap2k, i dont believe the mods will do anything here. it appears this forum is a free speech forum... <_<<_<

i mean, i wouldnt think that he would try to delibrately "clear" his name buy going around buying dead sps skeletons, dolling a tank up with it and taking fotos and posting it up here.

Personal or not, we must thank these heros for warning the unaware and new reefers here since they already have the FACTS and VALIDATED by many other victims. What's wrong with that? Or keyboard heros you so call it. IMO, they are guardians in this forum :bow: . Thought you also said neg stuff abt him in the Kopitiam thread? :blink:

Then it's up to individuals to decide if he want to deal with him cos the equipment will still be cheaper than a new set. The good thing is reefers will sure deal with him with caution and extra care.

• SRC Member

I would like to provide a little info on the tunze...

The manufacture date of the driver for ts12 and ts24 is in the metal casing. You can open it up to check jus to be sure.

The newer controllable tunze have black coloured cover (or mesh) and the older ones are brown.

• SRC Member
LAI AH LAI....Great SINGAPORE CON SALES ...... all items 50%....budget tight never mind.....hahahahha!!! :P

Got 50% off meh...

He sold 1 set of tunze ts24 for 850

Think RD only selling it a bit more than 1k

50% should be 500+ mah....

• SRC Member

indeed. personal attacks are quite obvious here.

i mean, he has plenty of tanks in his house, if you ever been to his house b4. if you doubt him soooooooo much, why dont you make a trip down to his house, instead of being a keyboard hero.

might do your reputation some good.

but then bro clap2k, i dont believe the mods will do anything here. it appears this forum is a free speech forum... <_<<_<

i mean, i wouldnt think that he would try to delibrately "clear" his name buy going around buying dead sps skeletons, dolling a tank up with it and taking fotos and posting it up here.

If I remember correctly, this is an online forum, no? :blink:

Forum members shld be helping each other and warning against the wrong-doers, rather than defending them :whistle

Let me give u a lesson boy: If there are no keyboard heroes in online forums, it's a reason for cheaters to prevail.

Project R.E.

Previously:

• SRC Member

guess vandeam got to honor the 50% then to solve all the issue. :blink: 50% off RD price then. As for the debate, I agree that it should be open to all to say, good or bad. keyboard hero? I second that. The person that mentioned that is an idiot.

• SRC Member

I believe my stand is pretty neutral about the whole situation. I'm only interested in my deals but I seriously think there's no need to get personal... on top of it, I'm sure there are other 'infamous characters' still floating around in this forum that is happily selling items without being 'warned' by some 'NOBLE CHARACTERS'... I hope these 'NOBLE CHARACTERS' did not choose to selectively 'WARN' people...

Bro colinsoon,

May I suggest that you keep record of any actions or comments made by individuals thinking that you are a 'kid' as this could be considered, "without prejudice" as evidence in court for insult or even defamation to some extent. We are all reputable indivuduals so whatever the personal damage caused, I think the individual who take such a course of action will need to take note of the consequences and anyone who's a possible victim of insult reserves the right to consider further, aboveboard counteractions.

• SRC Member
calcium reactors

comes with CO2 , controllers etc accessories can choose and match ur combo

The pic shown is not the PF601.. Its the older model PF600. :)

• SRC Member
I believe my stand is pretty neutral about the whole situation. I'm only interested in my deals but I seriously think there's no need to get personal... on top of it, I'm sure there are other 'infamous characters' still floating around in this forum that is happily selling items without being 'warned' by some 'NOBLE CHARACTERS'... I hope these 'NOBLE CHARACTERS' did not choose to selectively 'WARN' people...

Bro colinsoon,

May I suggest that you keep record of any actions or comments made by individuals thinking that you are a 'kid' as this could be considered, "without prejudice" as evidence in court for insult or even defamation to some extent. We are all reputable indivuduals so whatever the personal damage caused, I think the individual who take such a course of action will need to take note of the consequences and anyone who's a possible victim of insult reserves the right to consider further, aboveboard counteractions.

thanks for the advice bro clap2k

whatever that is required already taken note of, but not intending to pursue this matter unless more counts of defamation comes my way.

anyway to those bros out here who thinks i am out to defend him, i would like to reinforce my stand that i am neutral.

logic is very simple. u force a person into a little corner, and never give him a chance to breathe. juz think bout it. 1 day your turn will come. so he is a con man, big deal. juz dun buy from him nxt time. no need to flame him non stop.

btw bro underwater, if you do check back on the thread, if i am not wrong i did not mention anything bad bout him. i juz commented that i am very disappointed that he is soo rich and well off, and still doing such a thing. and the rest is me asking for more popcorn! :blink::blink::blink:

i would believe its far from flaming.

• SRC Member

IF someone offer me 850 i will be dumb not to take it :P

any way

Deltec CR

Ts24

reserved by s******* viewing on 12/05/07

Ts12

reserved by c***** viewing tonite at 11/05/07

for those asking

2 x 150 watt mh selling at 120 dollars but bulbs alittle old

its in a retrofit

1x150 hang on MH 70 each ( hang via ceiling)

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• Moderators

thanks for the advice bro clap2k

whatever that is required already taken note of, but not intending to pursue this matter unless more counts of defamation comes my way.

anyway to those bros out here who thinks i am out to defend him, i would like to reinforce my stand that i am neutral.

logic is very simple. u force a person into a little corner, and never give him a chance to breathe. juz think bout it. 1 day your turn will come. so he is a con man, big deal. juz dun buy from him nxt time. no need to flame him non stop.

btw bro underwater, if you do check back on the thread, if i am not wrong i did not mention anything bad bout him. i juz commented that i am very disappointed that he is soo rich and well off, and still doing such a thing. and the rest is me asking for more popcorn! :blink::blink::blink:

i would believe its far from flaming.

Bro Clap2K, I'm with you... You never walk alone!!! :lol:

Colin,

Nice one! :yeah:

In event if this thread is deleted for whatever reason and you need someone to be witness for civil case. Let this very old boy here know. ;)

Tom

• SRC Member

Bro Clap2K, I'm with you... You never walk alone!!! :lol:

Colin,

Nice one! :yeah:

In event if this thread is deleted for whatever reason and you need someone to be witness for civil case. Let this very old boy here know. ;)

Thanks bro, I believe bro colinsoon(hope u dun mind me jumping to conclusions :P ) and myself are neutral and peace-loving people. :)

While that being said, it also serves as a reminder to some individuals who are already of 'legal age' that there's a potential risk of dire consequences for any rash or impulsive comments and actions they choose to make so as to be 'heroic' or 'noble'. So 'adults', please consider before you act... :rolleyes:

*OFF-TOPIC - The REDs gonna be King of Europe for the 6th time over!!! ;)

Hi all,

I can only stand and wonder how can such a thing happen.

For people who wonder why so much frustration has been pelted onto this thread and think that we should all just forgive and forget please refer to this link:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58254

To surmise the thread above, the seller has allegedly:

-Mis-represented his items

1) Common zoas are passed off as US zoas

2) Dead rock are sold as live rocks

3) Made people believe that he is importing his items when he has been getting his stocks at local stores

4) Tried selling his rocks at a lighter weight than the agreed on.

5) Passed off wrong information of prices so as to make his look cheaper

-Mis-represented himself

1) Claimed to be the only child when he has siblings

2) Pretended to be dead to avoid answering to others

All this information is taken from the above thread and if the information is coming from only one source then we can suspect that it's perhaps some misunderstanding or someone's malicious attempt to slander Vandeam but look at he amount of people coming out to reveal their experiences with him!

If anyone thinks that this will just go away is naive (Sorry to use this word but there is no other).

If he is honest with his dealings and making a good buck then fair play to him (i.e. buying low and selling high in an honest fashion) but just refer to the thread and we can all draw a conclusion about him.

I agree that we all must be careful on what we say even on the internet but when something is wrong we must all speak up hence my decision to come out here to post.

The law is always used to protect and should not be used as to scare away people speaking up when something is wrong.

• SRC Member

Wow.. Since the link shows so many people being con, then I wil share my story as my case is similiar but I didnt want to mentioned it cos I thought I was the only one.

I started as a newbie, and vandeam called and being helpful to get the corals for me since he told me he is importing corals. But after some time at reefing, I realise I was con, but I just blame myself for bring stupid, thinking that I was the only one.

But now, then I know there are so much people being con by him... I felt so disgusted now abt him.

Can you imagine paying 150 for a sunnies. God... I didnt know what got into me that moment. 85 for a very small piece of red gio, 40 for normal man eater zoos, etc.

I thought he will change as its really bad do this esp. all of us are just reef lover and sharing the same hobby.

I know he goes around decom other's tank and resale at a high value.. Its ok to do that, but please do it with a good heart.

Anyway, I think your name is gone for good, can't imagine seeing other bros seeing you at lfs. As for my enquiry, I don't think I will want to get from you. I guess that the best we can stop you from decom. other tank.

• SRC Member

The most 'DISGUSTING' people are those who goes saying people are cheating him n yet talk to seller like friend so that he can offer to sell him things at a lower price and then turn against the seller when his offer is lower than what others offered. Please do some self reflection before commenting.

I respect the comments made by DCH for he put forth opinions in a matured manner not like some 2-headed snakes who go against their so-called principles just for a 'good discount'.

Don't try be a saint when you also go for hard bargains. Please shut your comments; the records show what sort of 'incredible price' you offered for items on sale.

At the rate that you are offering for all the 'full sets', how many tanks you intend to set up at home? Perhaps this is just a ploy to take advantage of the situation and get rid of a 'competitor'? What happened to the 'good heart' during price negotiation?

Lets just ask ourself if we have sold anything above the price we've bought before. As the golden asaying goes - when you point a finger at others, 4 fingers are pointing back at yourself!

I guess all off us just want to enjoy the hobby. Price then again is a subjective matter, it is determined by the demand-supply condition. Just like black tangs(not hybrid) are actually quite cheap from their country of origin but it cost a bomb here.

Above all whatever the grudges are, this is a hobby, don't make it sound as if someone had generations of feud with you. I empathise with those who feel cheated but let us all just read-between-th-line and uncover the wolves in the sheep's clothing.

• SRC Member

ya i agree with clap 2k, i feel this has gone on enough already, have reefers all become gossiping aunties?!?! whatever warning that has been given is already given , let the buyer choose for himself, lets stop this and get on with life. seriously.

• SRC Member

you saying abt me.. great.. guess you are in the same "gang" thanks for letting me know that. Facts are facts... price quoted are way too high k. I enquiry abt the full set tank, as I am trying to upgrade and not selling away individual items away. please get the point in your head. I close to kenny? for godness sake, I ask abt the tank and some package, but was put off by his "price" so dont come and tell me that its the buyers fault k. I was a newbie last time, not now. I am not trying to stir things up, but please spare a thought for the newbie whom i am concern, chopping them wont do you good.

• SRC Member
you saying abt me.. great.. guess you are in the same "gang" thanks for letting me know that. Facts are facts... price quoted are way too high k. I enquiry abt the full set tank, as I am trying to upgrade and not selling away individual items away. please get the point in your head. I close to kenny? for godness sake, I ask abt the tank and some package, but was put off by his "price" so dont come and tell me that its the buyers fault k. I was a newbie last time, not now. I am not trying to stir things up, but please spare a thought for the newbie whom i am concern, chopping them wont do you good.

I'm glad you realised, I belong to the gang with principles; not the pot-calling-kettle-black gang :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Dear REEFERS,

This is VANDEAM's sales thread, at least have some respect for the forum's rule not to hijack other's thread, thank you ;)

No offence to anyone here but if we want to talk abt VANDEAM's sales ethic than let's bring it to the "Scam In This Forum" post. Let other reefers, oldbird or newbird get to know/learn abt him/ be warned and decide from that post can?

Happy Reefing, it's juz a HOBBY B)

• SRC Member

PEACE :peace: Stop the war, we don't want a fight in this forum over this hobby we all share. Let the seller do want ever he wants, everyone wants to earn money right? Maybe this is one of his income sources. Remember to do more price survey and spend more times to get those things we are looking for, then you can see the reasonableness of the price of the product being sold 2nd handed. For me, i did a stupid mistake (or decision) myself before just a month ago, but the one i can blame is only myself because i wasn't patient enough with that thing, just thinking of getting it sooner will be better, a good lesson (or experience) learned :P . Patient is want we need in this hobby, do more Survey on price, smart reefing. :peace: Cheers!! Happy Reefing! :angel:

:thanks:

If there's any offence, please forgive me :peace:

• SRC Member

calcium reactor u need to get a co2 tank leh ?? :lol:

or else u can get a kalkwasser reactor...that will be better in terms of maintainence.

co2 use finish must topup also...very troublesome.hahaha..

and u must ask him how much co2 left. :D

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.

• SRC Member

Woo. who's flaming that poor seller over here? he's an only child for god's sake. pity him k. we're just warning other helpless reefers and preventing them from falling into a con job.

and clap2k, if u want to chap one leg in, feel free. if wanna sue me or bring a civil court case against me, feel free. the reason why i refer to colin as a kid is cos i met him b4 in ntu. he 2yrs my junior, so do i have the right to address him as someone younger? i believe in the eyes of the law, i have the right to do so. and colin, no hard feelings k. it's such an affectionate term~

Project R.E.

Previously: