Has anyone use a mini fridge as a chiller?

joestoys

• SRC Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the fridge consumes more power than the chiller. So in the long run, it may not be cost effective.

Another point to consider is whether the powerhead of the canister can operate in cold 'weather' conditions...

If the answer to all the above is negative, then let me know. I oso want to try. :D:D

• SRC Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the fridge consumes more power than the chiller. So in the long run, it may not be cost effective.

Another point to consider is whether the powerhead of the canister can operate in cold 'weather' conditions...

If the answer to all the above is negative, then let me know. I oso want to try. :D:D

:lol: wat's more important is that if we can put the small fridges we have at home to a good use without forking out more money to purchase a new or second hand chiller, den it's worth it mah!!!!!! :upsidedown::lol::upsidedown::lol:

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

Believe me, many aquarists all over the world has explored this and have come to the the GRAND CONCLUSION.

It doesn't work. Don't bother. Totally inefficient.

I also think it will work,if it can produce 3 degree centigrade drop even in 3 days time and stablise then,i don't mind trying.

Can also put a timer for it to work only when the lightings are on,hopefully this way,it can remove some heat from those lighting (MH especially).

But need info on which fridge model is the most compact and prices?

Can anyone help?

Regards