LR with worms!! wad kind of worms is that??

• SRC Member

Help, just bought some live rocks 2 days back, and today, i spotted one dark brown with white stripes worm! It came out from on hole on the LR. gross! is it bristle worms or what? Need HELP!! :nuke:

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

Never seen any of them harming the inhabitants in my tank, infact they're very beneficial, they feed on excess food and whatever decaying in ur tank, a nice addition of the clean up crew family.

If you cant stand the way they look, try giving them to other reefers.

• SRC Member

after spotted the worm..i begin seeing some spiky small 'flowers' growing on my LR.. there's also some living things that will stick out all of a sudden and quickly hide into it body real fast..it's small though..im so blur abt LR :( , maybe should start a topic on keeping LR?? :blink:

ga051025.gif

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

some worms are good some are bad... but the thought of having long blisterworms in your tank gives you creeps... yeah???

so i choose to remove them... yeah...

u can nv tell whether the worm is good or bad by looking at it's face... so better be save than sorry

• SRC Member

How to remove sia..once i wan to catch it and it end up back into the hole..is it wake up in the mid-nite with red light to capture it? does this way apply to this kind of worms? :nc:

ga051025.gif

av-24.gif

Hi there, well, worms can be creepy but they do help in getting rid of decomposing stuff like uneaten food or dead organisms....as long as not bristle worm, which not only eats fish and destroys corals, can also leave you in pain when those invisible splints get into your fingers...trust me I know :cry: Can try getting a hungry Boxer shrimp, mine always gets a worm or at least a part of it every night for supper. .... but if you find all the worms appearing suddenly one day, your LR is gone, dead... and should be removed.

• 2 weeks later...