What's the best remedy for flu?

belle

• SRC Member

Hey you guys, quite giving her crap answers...

ok belle, here goes my secret... basically you have to earn karma points (in US they call it Brownie Points which is amazing given their sensitivity towards racial discrimination), you have to do altruistic acts.... and you know what? I am willing to sacrifice myself to help you get better... you MAY use me to earn karma points... BY giving me some of your tank fishes and corals.... and you are welcome... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Position your tank correctly to improve your feng shui...

BTW, I always treated flu with hot chilli food, Tom Yam soup is ideal. It causes the stomach to produce an enzyme that is capable of combatting the flu bug.

• SRC Member

Or maybe can try to tickle the nostrils with a roll up piece of tissue and let it blow.. should be alright after that :lol:

Ok let's get serious, like what terry says, lots of rest will do the job :)

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

Position your tank correctly to improve your feng shui...

BTW, I always treated flu with hot chilli food, Tom Yam soup is ideal. It causes the stomach to produce an enzyme that is capable of combatting the flu bug.

I never knew the stomach produced an enzyme capable of defeating the flu. I thought only prorenin and pepsinogen. hehz. for food digestion by the way. :P

oki.. a sensible reply from an unexpected source.

if your immune system is good, plenty of rest n water

should do the trick. seem your case, the your

body immune system iss quite weak, need the doc

to give u a bout of anti-botics.

same like ich, stress fishes, easily get sick.

can't resist knocking off with some crappy reply.

hehe..

oki, unless u want me to qigong u. as u know in show,

must take off clothing one, but u can blindfold me if scare.

* rest of the guys, while I qigong-ing, u go kay-pok fishy stuffs, after tat we spilt 50-50. :)

you should not be eating anything like that when you are sick. you should however, be drinking more water, closing your eyes and sleeping. if your boyfriends wants some nookie, tell him to buzz off. trust me you need all the sleep you can get. (=

listening to soothing jazz music also helps when you're sleeping. (=

• SRC Member

ay bwilly, what qigong? wait you appear in newspapers like that TV presenter guy "she liked my qigong! it was consentual!"....

belle: donno if its marketing ploy but supposedly green tea helps against flu.

And I think antibiotics work only against bacteria infection, viral infection it doesn't work? virus needs some retroviral donnowhats?

Vivaldi's soothing classic Four Seasons has been claimed to be able to to bring one's heart beat down to 70 beats per second, that should put to sleep easily.

You may have head of this already, get some proper rest and take lots of fluids.

The human immunity system is a wonderful thing, let Vivaldi take care of the rest :)

Vivaldi's soothing classic Four Seasons has been claimed to be able to to bring one's heart beat down to 70 beats per second, that should put to sleep easily.

You may have head of this already, get some proper rest and take lots of fluids.

The human immunity system is a wonderful thing, let Vivaldi take care of the rest :)

70 beats PER SECOND?!

your heart...is it made of titanium flex muscle or something? mine only beats at 72 beats per MINUTE at normal rate!

:P

• SRC Member

I recommend dosing Vit C like 1000mg daily. But have to take loads of fluid. Somehow it makes the symptons milder. If you dose while you are on the verge of a flu, may helps too. And yes, definitely lots of sleep, which was probably lacking in the first place.

Hope you get well soon.

Haha.. oops... another booboo, you know I mean its beats per minute :D

Its not really impossible... at the peak of physical fitness, my heart rate were steady around the 67 beats per minute at rest. Some other boxers had lower rates.

I suppose everyone has their own preference over which music is better to listen while studying, I mean there are nuts who listens to Black Sabbath and scores better than any of us. I prefer to concentrate on a constant source of sound, like say, the ticking of a Swatch watch, pitterpatter of light rain... et cetera.

Ozy, is 1000mg a little too much? There has been reports that overdosing of Vit.C causes premature hardening of arteries which makes them susceptible to rupture.

Think Zinc is which that helps to fend off onsetting flu.

Perhaps someone in the medical profession can clarify on that.