Landscaping

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First to clear some misconceptions:

1. My father-in-law does not own a shipyard, he ran a few as a GM/consultant. He is a problem solver when no one can come up with a solution. Notorious for his fierce temper and ######-kicking but he has everyone's respect. I spent years tip-toeing around him... :D He think's I am crazy anyway with regards to this hobby. :)

2. My PVC pipes are welded to the PVC sheets by actual PVC welding... not PVC glueing. It's expensive like hell. But permanent and strong.

• SRC Member
B) and this is my frame for my 4ft tank all using garbage stuff :P make up of mainly PVC pipe with lot of holes

post-6-1068995967.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

a close up of the joints part ,the joints i using caber tie cos those T and L joints cost a lot and they dont have the angle i wan :P

post-6-1068996287.jpg

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Cable ties are not good as they get brittle over time and break

Can you image having a rock slide in the tank :shock:

opps sunny03 .. time for rework b4 disaster ..

btw T & L cost 60cents apiece in yishun chongpang for those 20mm size, 6m pvc pipe cost 4-5sgd ... anyone has better pricing anywhere?

really hoping to see more pipeworks ..

What pipe size did U guys bought for this purpose?

Mogan, did i see end caps on the legs of ur stand? alamak forgot to buy again .. they sell dun they?

mydog.gif

• SRC Member

i that case i will place some rocks below the joint to support it lessen the load on the cable tie

• SRC Member

i am using 13mm pipes the joint for this size cost 40cent for the L and 50 for T, if usind 16mm the L cost 50 and T 60 that the cheapest i can find if other have know any cheap places to get let me know cos need lot of the joint if i wan to make a stable and lasting rack

• SRC Member
i am using 13mm pipes the joint for this size cost 40cent for the L and 50 for T, if usind 16mm the L cost 50 and T 60 that the cheapest i can find if other have know any cheap places to get let me know cos need lot of the joint if i wan to make a stable and lasting rack

alamak .. think i oversize liao .. too worry abt not able to withstand the weight & turbulence I bought 20mm leh ...

mydog.gif

• SRC Member

sunny03, can show ur tank? really need some guidance in rock stacking ..

sorry it still a bare tank cos still in the process of make another rack and have not source out the rock yet

• SRC Member

at, morgan or whoever else who uses pvc pipes, do you guys seal off all the openings? if so, won't the structure float up to the surface cos of all the air inside?(i mean before you weigh it down with rocks?)

if the openings are not sealed and water allowed to occupy the pipes, will there be any "dead water" situation?

just wondering.

• SRC Member
at, morgan or whoever else who uses pvc pipes, do you guys seal off all the openings? if so, won't the structure float up to the surface cos of all the air inside?(i mean before you weigh it down with rocks?)

if the openings are not sealed and water allowed to occupy the pipes, will there be any "dead water" situation?

just wondering.

good question ... senior pls advise

mydog.gif

• SRC Member

just wondering.

i remember saw some where that holes muct be drill on the pipes i think it for water flow or to prevent something to grow inside it can remember where i saw the article liao :nuke: maybe AT could explains to use as he also using pipes and eh is an expert reefer