Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

Thanks to all the SPS training... working with superglue gel is such an easy task... I only stick to one side of the shell (not both sides of course! :pinch: ) The contact point is quite minimal... just enough to hold the clams to the rock... while offering much needed flexibility especially at a later stage.

The entire "operation" took about 5 mins... the patients looked pretty stable :heh:

post-6096-1201010302.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked all the shells carefully and found a baby Whelk (predator snail)... die!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

post-6096-1201010662.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Finished product :eyebrow:

Placed on the sand bed... underneath my 150W MH.

I am currently researching on how to keep these baby clams happy... they definitely require target feeding at least 3 times a week (using Phytoplankton or coral food for filter feeders) as they are not capable to fully produce their own food yet. Will be monitoring their health closely in the coming days for sure :)

post-6096-1201010697.jpg

• SRC Member

I am currently researching on how to keep these baby clams happy... they definitely require target feeding at least 3 times a week (using Phytoplankton or coral food for filter feeders) as they are not capable to fully produce their own food yet. Will be monitoring their health closely in the coming days for sure :)

i've nvr feed mine before... hahaha.... but still growing well... but it die with most of the coral and fishes when i upgraded my tank....

• SRC Member

Jervis, ur baby black ocellaris are so small, cute and nice, not to mention the patterns la :upsidedown:

As for the baby maximas, I would suggest u to place the clams higher up to the MH. Baby maximas thrives better with high lightings. I discuessed this with Bro Wonder and he agrees with it too. Better survival rates then placed on the sand. Jus my past experiences thou :rolleyes: Can take close up shots of the maximas when they opens up ? And yU are also right tat they are so unable to produce their own food yet, try dosing planton liquid frequently to feed them ya.

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

i've nvr feed mine before... hahaha.... but still growing well... but it die with most of the coral and fishes when i upgraded my tank....

Oh really? You didn't target feed your baby clam? Do you provide them plenty of light?

That's great news for me bro... great news :bow: :bow: :bow:

As for the baby maximas, I would suggest u to place the clams higher up to the MH. Baby maximas thrives better with high lightings. I discuessed this with Bro Wonder and he agrees with it too. Better survival rates then placed on the sand. Jus my past experiences thou :rolleyes: Can take close up shots of the maximas when they opens up ? And yU are also right tat they are so unable to produce their own food yet, try dosing planton liquid frequently to feed them ya.

Thanks for the suggestion... I will do that tomorrow :thanks: Yeah... another incentive for me to start my Grotech Phytobreeder :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Oh really? You didn't target feed your baby clam? Do you provide them plenty of light?

That's great news for me bro... great news :bow: :bow: :bow:

yup yup... i place them up near my 150W MH...

yup yup... i place them up near my 150W MH...

Thanks bro... will do that tomorrow... hopefully it will not affect my rockscape too much :unsure:

• SRC Member
Thanks bro... will do that tomorrow... hopefully it will not affect my rockscape too much :unsure:

hahaha... no problem... but i still suggest you feed them once in a while... coz your tank is still quite new right??

Thought whom is the guy in the new A-class this morning whom park his car in such a hurry.

Err... old model lah... next time see me again... alert me ok? :rolleyes:

hahaha... no problem... but i still suggest you feed them once in a while... coz your tank is still quite new right??

For sure I will feed at least 3 times a week... there are others filter feeders to feed also :)

Thanks all the bros here for the suggestion... moved my "Clam Rock" to the top of the reef... kinda found a nice spot for it :)

post-6096-1201052020.jpg

The baby clams are now 4" away from the water surface... 12" away from the MH... and it's so much easier to appreciate their beauty now :) I am very very happy :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

post-6096-1201052153.jpg

• SRC Member

Great Babies maxis there ... Do updates of it ya. I have failed many times placing at wrong places till Bro Wonder shared with me his findings :bow: Still got any more maxis when u left ? Itchy hand think of getting some to try again :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Still got any more maxis when u left ? Itchy hand think of getting some to try again :rolleyes:

YES!!! Go today!!! NOW!!!

• SRC Member
YES!!! Go today!!! NOW!!!

wa liao Bro Boss. I worker, cannot suka suka drive to farm, happy shopping lei :cry2: If I am Boss, will close shop and buy those "HuMs" and tabao home liao :yeah:

wa liao Bro Boss. I worker, cannot suka suka drive to farm, happy shopping lei :cry2: If I am Boss, will close shop and buy those "HuMs" and tabao home liao :yeah:

You need to start thinking like a boss lah... you should get your staff to take over your job while you go "big bags small bags"... and since you need to monitor your new jewels... you should declare the rest of the day a personal holiday too :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
You need to start thinking like a boss lah... you should get your staff to take over your job while you go "big bags small bags"... and since you need to monitor your new jewels... you should declare the rest of the day a personal holiday too :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

I always daydream I'm BOSS. :eyeblur: I got no staffs. I'm the lowest rank here at work :pirate: So always got knocked on the head to stop dreaming and work work work.. At work got "big bag and small Bag' but its rubbish bags :ph34r: If got personal holiday , it'll be my "sacked Day" lor :P Well, will see if tomorrow got free time to C.F to look at the maxis B)

Jervis, does your wavemaker still service? could you show a main tank picture, I want to reference your pump outlet!! Thanks!!

Yes bro Tim, I am still using the Tunze Wavebox... here's my FTS showing the Wavebox located at the left corner towards the back :)

That's why I have the Sea Fan there as I can't find any other suitable LPS to take up that spot :pinch:

post-6096-1201083457.jpg

r u sure thts a pest snail?

looks like e small as e one in my tank

they dun harm clams one lehz..

Well it somehow suggested a bit of similarity to Whelk as recorded HERE

Another suspicious factor is its attachment to the clam's shell... better not take chances :)

I remember removing a Whelk last time as I found it eating my Rics :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: