2x1x1 A Humble Beginning

vt_snowman87

• SRC Member

my pretty new toy.. hydor koralia nano.. supposely to be my birthday present by my gf, but i hand too itchy bought them first when i did rescape.. haha.. :D

it's very good and small, perfect for my tank.. thumbs up for it, bought at petmart from ah ben.. :)

post-9599-1202741381.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nice tank to enjoy... love your scaping especially the 2 deep caves :)

Post more pix... btw ur hp camera is doing a hell of a job :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

the wavemaker is directed at my zoas on the left side, so they get all the current they need.. :upsidedown:

the 'ridge' at the centre of my tank is to block this strong current from my mushrooms, which requires low currents.. so they can spread and grow peacefully.. :snore:

• SRC Member

thanks bro jervis! will keep it coming.. this tank gonna be decomm soon sad to say..

upgrading to a 2ft cube.. hehe.. :evil:

will be up with even better equipment, bigger space, nicer rockscape, and more livestocks!

• SRC Member

while you are reading this, do not forget your dear ones who has stood by you, and endured all your reefing craze.. and all the "you look at ur fish tank more than you look at me!".. (im sure im not the only one with this problem)

if you have neglected your loved ones, now is the time to really give her/him some attention (more than ur fish tank), here's wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day.. :D

cheers~

• SRC Member

with some love potion :evil:

who says rics can't kiss?? :wub:

Before:

post-9599-1202919851.jpg

and After:

post-9599-1202919934.jpgpost-9599-1202919967.jpg

(i feel like i've invaded their privacy) :paiseh:

• SRC Member

some more gems.. :eyebrow: but not inside my tank now, 'renting' a space in my dad's tank.. haha.. no more space in my small tank.. that's why upgrading! anyone has 2ft cube tank let me know pls.. :)

post-9599-1203164902.jpg

post-9599-1203164972.jpg

The lime green center Zoas is very nice!!! :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

some more gems.. :eyebrow: but not inside my tank now, 'renting' a space in my dad's tank.. haha.. no more space in my small tank.. that's why upgrading! anyone has 2ft cube tank let me know pls.. :)

The first zoas is nice... Let me know if you have any loose frag... :P

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

thanks, nowadays busy with preparing new tanks.. some sneaks on my dad's DIY own-drilled overflow for his 4ft tank..

haha should be safe right, was thinking asking him to help me drill also for my new tank when i find one.. :eyebrow:

a view from the inside, and from outside..

post-9599-1203611963.jpg

post-9599-1203611980.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

can't resist taking more pics of sunflowers.. simply my favourite.. :lol:

got grow a couple more polyps?? or maybe is my hallucination haha.. :yeah:

post-9599-1204722587.jpg

• SRC Member

some before and after pics for the lucky buyer of this zoa of mine.. :eyebrow:

first pic taken in Jan, second pic taken in Mar.. 2 whole months.. :) hopefully can grow even faster in your tank..

post-9599-1204816014.jpg

post-9599-1204816046.jpg

• SRC Member

thanks bro storm and bro lum for visiting! :lol:

this tank thread coming to an end very soon.. look out for my new tank thread! combined with my dad's new 4ft.. :evil::evil::D

• SRC Member

actually going to bo chap this thread of mine and call it a close for this tank liao..

den this morning found this nasty little thing on my sunflower zoas!!!!!! :ooh:

it was eating the polyps i'm sure, as i seem to lost a few polyps of the US zoas next to the sunflowers..

:pinch::pinch::pirate::pirate::evil::evil::cry2:

Asterina Starfish, known to be predators of zoas, from my research at zoaid.com.. guys, beware of this guy, especially ur prized zoas..

post-9599-1205551564.jpg

post-9599-1205551584.jpg

post-9599-1205551597.jpg

• SRC Member

a final full shot of this corner of my living room.. dad's tank on top, my tank at the bottom..

all will be cleared and transferred to temporary holding space in new tank setup by tml.. :)

as of 17th March 2008, these 2 tanks will be fully decommisioned. :angel:

Watch out for my new tanks thread! :eyebrow:

post-9599-1205670846.jpg