A new beginning

wilsontantw

• SRC Member

Law, Milch and Reaper bro... didn't managed to show you the pix of the mini carpets on the phone...

these are the 2 newbies i got.

post-13920-015750200 1284305635_thumb.jp

The 2 on the right.

post-13920-084096000 1284305646_thumb.jp

let me stock up more sps first...hur hur...too bad my tank has too many hairy crabs...not good friends of millipora... :thumbdown:

woah!...very colourful carpets...must be from pinnacle...

l7304smr.jpg

Law, Milch and Reaper bro... didn't managed to show you the pix of the mini carpets on the phone...

The 2 on the right.

Wow nice blue carpet, hee is there only one? Never see any blue one when i was there. =p

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

hey bro, nice little blue carpet man! think u're very lucky to be the 1 and only guy having it outta the 200+ pcs of shipment!

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

let me stock up more sps first...hur hur...too bad my tank has too many hairy crabs...not good friends of millipora... :thumbdown:

woah!...very colourful carpets...must be from pinnacle...

blue carpets!

very niceee :wub:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

The 2 on the right.

woooo, thats the first time i see such coloration. nice grabbing action my friend. seeing so many people keep carpet, it makes me wanted to try them too. especially after you say they dun move. :lol:

and when our illegal trading going on? :kiss:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

woooo, thats the first time i see such coloration. nice grabbing action my friend. seeing so many people keep carpet, it makes me wanted to try them too. especially after you say they dun move. :lol:

and when our illegal trading going on? :kiss:

reported for illegal trading

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

reported for illegal trading

:chair: :chair: :chair:

^_^

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 4 weeks later...

It's been almost 1 month since the last update... busy with work and sideline project.

Soul bro: thanks for dropping by :friends: . Nice to meet you again! free drop by ah...

in the mean time, some pictures update for the past month...

Tank is still filled with frag racks, thus can't take FTS... :(

First up, the blue carpet... colour kinda darken a little... Of the 4 pieces of mini carpets, this is the only piece that moved... up from the base... clearly a sign that blue mini carpets need stronger lights.

post-13920-032373700 1287252810_thumb.jp

post-13920-016587000 1287252826_thumb.jp

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

This zoas mountain will soon be out from main tank... planning to move it into my new project tank. Hopefully in 1 month's time.

post-13920-065670400 1287253737_thumb.jp

I'm looking for a MP40w, if you have one to sell, please let me know age/condition/location/price...

thanks much.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

i'm imagining your tank right now,

issit very packed...??? haha...

nice SPS-es you got there..

looks like your zoas are now going out,

making way for more SPS..

officially fallen deep down into the dark side.. :lol:

full SPS?

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

New project tank somemore...

Tank size? Care to share? Haha

tiny... it's just a holding tank... 2'x2'x16.5"

i'm imagining your tank right now,

issit very packed...??? haha...

nice SPS-es you got there..

looks like your zoas are now going out,

making way for more SPS..

officially fallen deep down into the dark side.. :lol:

full SPS?

quite pack actually, but still got space for frags (not colonies)... need to downsize most of the colonies as i wish to collect more varieties...

hahaha... yes, i'm well into the dark side now. But still long way to go, must slowly collect the frags.

At this moment, i'm just thinking main tank all SPS... maybe 90%.... the rest will move into the holding tank (recently completed project).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

wow bro nice stuff there :bow: how i wish my sps can grow into a colony like yours too.

hmm think u found e guy selling mp40W in e pasar malam thread already

sorry haven't been able to drop by ur place to admire ya set up in person man.. anyhow, the bigger congratulatory question is it a B or G ? :D

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• 2 weeks later...

wow bro nice stuff there :bow: how i wish my sps can grow into a colony like yours too.

hmm think u found e guy selling mp40W in e pasar malam thread already

sorry haven't been able to drop by ur place to admire ya set up in person man.. anyhow, the bigger congratulatory question is it a B or G ? :D

Hey, feel free to drop by anytime bro... Maybe this weekend together with Law? Better come fast coz I had a few close shaves these couple of weeks. Thinking of tearing down the tanks now. Haha. And thanks for asking. The upcoming addition to the family will be a princess. :)

wow you got your holding tank up already! it may be tiny for you but its wayyyy bigger than my main tank! :D

Yup, the holding tank is up. But not in good condition yet. Sadly...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

This morning, I had a sudden thought that reefing took up a lot time, money and effort. Thus was just wondering if I should decomm... Partly becoz I am expecting another new addition to my family in late Jan next year. Plus hiring a new domestic helper.

Really gotta juggle resources. Plus work is getting more stressful, economy not really doing well... Q4 outlook doesn't seemed to be any better...

Furthermore, just last week, My home had a power trip while I was at work... Fortunately, my mum was staying over then and managed to help me restart everything.

And just as I was thinking of decomming this morning, I came home earlier to a "black tank"!

Yes, blackout...AGAIN!!!

My initial thoughts were: oh no, is this is a sign of things to come??

Anyway, immediately powered up the place and getting ready to count my losses...

A quick check on the mechanical timers show that the failure started 12hrs ago!!!

Which means both main and frag tank had no circulation at all for half a day...

Long story short... To my surprise (really thank God)... only 1 casualty.

My pui pui flame angel is dead. Damn sad..

All sps ok, lps ok, softies ok. Close shave!

Thank goodness FA was lying at an accessible place, so managed to get the carcass out without much effort. Open scape is critical in situation like this.

However the water smells bad! So immediately did water change... Didn't had time to prepare carbon, but guess I'll do that tmrw..

Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Again, thanks Murphy, for paying me a visit!

And until I get my UPS backup, hopefully, I don't see him soon...

Or should I just decomm?

The story continues...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

OMG...black out again !?

Bro, you need to get your UPS sorted out asap.

Sorry to hear your mix feeling on reefing, let me assure you that many reefing bros do get the similar kind of thoughts before, especially when major event such as tank crash, power trip and so on rubs on it.

Perhaps you should just take a step back and scale down the expectation and coral hunting. Concentrate on nurturing your existing gems and make the best of what you own now. Reefing is enjoyable and relaxing as a hobby, a sanctury for us to keep our minds off from our daily routine stress.

Take a breather, you will be alright :thumbsup:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

My advice is for you to sort out the electrical problems first. Find out what is causing the power trip and replace that equipment. If the tank is using too much current that the wall outlet is at max, get some equipment plugged to another outlet. Extension cable are affordable compared to the time and money spent in acquiring your live stock. Replace all multi socket plugs that has salt water sprayed on them, these are easily replaced.

The lesser problems you have, the lower your stress level at home. Work always have stress and that's unavoidable.

• SRC Member

Alamak bro just went over your place few days ago only what happened? Anyway i respect your decision on family coming first b4 hobby, perhaps drop the idea of sps and just keep softies/lps lor less maintenaince needed plus the fact u got lots of collection liao dont need to spend more. Anyway whatever u decide i support u at the end of the day take care bro~ Need help in anything gimme a call!

P/S : Or u want to keep python instead let me know lol ...