'DIY COLLER"

thc

• SRC Member

huh? just the big fans blowing on the pipes? I don't think that'll work significantly...

Assuming water temp is at room temp, thus air temp = water temp, thus you blow typhoon at your metal pipes also no use because there's no temperature gradient... net heat transfer = 0

Maybe it'll drop by 1 or 2 degrees but it's not worth the effort seriously... just aim that big huge fan at your water surface it'll cool even more efficiently

• SRC Member

Using CPU fans or fans available in the market can only cool the surface of the water and with the aid of the 'wave maker' the surface cooled water will be circulated in the tank thus bringing down 1-2 degrees.

But with the water going thru the metal pipes and two big fans blowing at them (the double stacked metal pipes), more heat should be dissipated as more surface area are being covered.

Anyway, as i've mentioned earlier in the thread "DIY CHILLER". I'm very into DIY. It's just a concept. Work or don't work, it's still too early to judge. I ALSO DON"T KNOW WILL IT WORK!??! THANKS FOR THE CONTRIBUTION! :eyebrow::bow:

• SRC Member

hi, this just spark my interest, so i decide to participate...erm...i support terry abd bar, this wun work.

Yes it may seem to operate like a radiator, but , a radiator is made for cooling super heated medium...since air temp is 28-33 deg, if you can pull a super heated liquid or fluid from say 60 or 70 deg to maybe 35-45 deg, tt is considered a feat! but trying to cool water from watever deg (weird) to 28-29 deg??doesn't make any sense...

oh yah, the last thing u mentioned has to do with latent heat or the phase change of water to gas(evaporation)...to have tt happens, lots of heat is required to aid the phase change...if your water is flowing through an enclosed tube, i don't think you'll get any evaporation..hence zero removal of heat via latent heat phase change...it's better off if you try to blow ur ultra powerful fan across the water surface for evaporation to take away heat...