peacemaker's office nano 2

peacemaker

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Messing around with top down shots... yeah... I know. Boring you guys with the same few shots. Its also a clear sign for upgrading... :eyebrow:

This 2 colonies are clear cut " Precious" collection. Esp the left colony, if can have frag exchange, would love to exchange the frag with u :yeah: The rics seems to recover well from bleaching :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Yup! Those are definitely the "precious" category. :paiseh:

I wish I could grow and multiply frags like Sis Ming... makes me tempted to upgrade to MH. I notice we don't get powerful lightings locally, like Sunpod, that's ideal for nanos. Can only drool at those SPS nanos from Reefcentral...

I'm upgrading my lights to T5 HOs instead. Will be collecting it tmr. Hopefully, it helps in accelerating growth so we can exchange frags! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Yup! Those are definitely the "precious" category. :paiseh:

I wish I could grow and multiply frags like Sis Ming... makes me tempted to upgrade to MH. I notice we don't get powerful lightings locally, like Sunpod, that's ideal for nanos. Can only drool at those SPS nanos from Reefcentral...

I'm upgrading my lights to T5 HOs instead. Will be collecting it tmr. Hopefully, it helps in accelerating growth so we can exchange frags! :eyebrow:

With ur dedicated effort, those " Precious" will sure to grow n grow. Sounds Like Simigle from the "lord of the Rings" :lol: So I'll wait patiently for ur Gems then :bow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Swee Swee Swee. Can i take queue number 2. :paiseh: , pls... :thanks:

With ur dedicated effort, those " Precious" will sure to grow n grow. Sounds Like Simigle from the "lord of the Rings" :lol: So I'll wait patiently for ur Gems then :bow:

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Nice collection. Dont worry bro, yr single eagle eye will be strong and grow. Wow, your zoas collection are nice. Hehe. Sighz...got the black face from Ming69 but melted. Yrs are opening nicely. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sigh... :( Murphy's law struck my tank: "if anything can go wrong, it will."

I came into the office today with a mild burnt smell waiting for me. The first thing I saw was all my fishes have died except for one clownfish struggling to survive. There was a buzzing sound coming from my power plugs, and after looking at it, a short circuit was the cause for the burning smell. The extension plug behind the tank was damp with water (I'm suspecting splash from my overflow), and it shorted one of my power heads. I'm not sure if electrocution is the reason, but it killed most of my fishes and shrimps. There were a bunch of worms lying dead around my live rocks as well.

Ever since I had some issues with some of my zoas melting away, I've always wanted to start over, but never in my mind it had to be this way. I'm quite sad at the loss, but this setback didn't crush my love for the hobby. On a positive note, it actually helped me to get rid of all the unwanted creatures that I've always longed to remove when I have time.

I managed to set up a spare tank (I brought it to the office as a standby in case anything happens, which came in handy) and transferred most of my corals. I had a bucket of salt water meant for water changes, so I had to use it for this tank. From past experiences, I've always kept some fresh saltwater in case of an emergency, and it was put to good use. I had a hang-on filter lying around, and with a handful of biohomme and a piece of filter wool, the emergency tank was complete.