Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• SRC Member
hehe, if u get 'infected', we sure will be on the lookout for ur new project.. :D

k i'll try to take pics of the overflow system tml as well.. keep u updated! cheers!

Haha... I AM infected... just saving up so I can really have a decent setup. Hands ichy to mess around with my nano even... :whistle

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Dark colour substrate really adds to the depth of the whole look. Looking good and see lots of potential. The fans look very neatly done up on the light fixtures too :)

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

my dad's tank.. :)

he say he old liao, cannot keep bending in and out to scape his tank like i do to mine.. so his usual pattern, 2 tall mountains.. :lol:

post-9599-1210079417.jpg

• SRC Member
Dark colour substrate really adds to the depth of the whole look. Looking good and see lots of potential. The fans look very neatly done up on the light fixtures too :)

:thanks: huskiesg, i agree, thats why i chose the black sand, hoping to give my small tank a deeper feel, with the cliffs and caves as well.. :)

• SRC Member

bro fishtalk, as requested.. :)

a full view of our tanks with the sump system below..

we will be building doors to cover up all the bottom part, so it will look like a cabinet.. and make our living room more presentable also.. :D

post-9599-1210079675.jpg

• SRC Member

the sump tank now.. still have quite alot of tweaking here and there to do.. :rolleyes:

got a mini project of mine inside the refugium, paiseh paiseh.. the chaetos are at the back.. :paiseh:

post-9599-1210079796.jpg

• SRC Member
Very nice setup for both tanks. :whistle:whistle

thank you bro dersuz.. ur tank was the impressive one.. waiting for u to make ur comeback.. :peace:

• SRC Member

bro peacemaker.. as requested..

my diy overflow, its basically just what u see on the first page, glued and siliconed to the back of my tank, with 2 drainages to the sump tank..

pic abit dark, using hp cam.. sorry if its not clear.. :)

post-9599-1210080732.jpg

post-9599-1210080738.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi Mbmc,

try to locate ur cheato at mid flow area and try also to on ur lights as much as possible. slow flow and insufficient light might causes the cheato to slowly change color and dies off. Mine grows n grows :lol:

Sorry Vince to HJ ur thread :fear:

Hey fishtalk, I've got my FR output, chiller output and sump flow going right through my chaeto stored in the betta box in my sump! And I've got a 9W PL light right on top of the clump of chaeto on 24hours...

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if the low PO4 from my FR output may have anything to do with the death of my chaeto...I'm only able to maintain a fist sized clump of it!

Snowman, sorry again :D

• SRC Member
Hey fishtalk, I've got my FR output, chiller output and sump flow going right through my chaeto stored in the betta box in my sump! And I've got a 9W PL light right on top of the clump of chaeto on 24hours...

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if the low PO4 from my FR output may have anything to do with the death of my chaeto...I'm only able to maintain a fist sized clump of it!

Snowman, sorry again :D

dun sorry la bro! hm, wa thats alot of stuff going thru ur chaetos.. i dunno.. i dun have much experience with chaetos also.. lets ask fishtalk.. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Thanks man! Cool setup. Are the 2 L brackets for extra support? Aluminium?

yar, the aluminium L brackets are for extra support, just in case.. can't afford to have that box dropping off.. i'll be doomed.. haha..

• SRC Member
looks cool and nice set up bro 'vt_snowman87' .. :yeah::peace:

:thanks::thanks: bro lum.. still empty and newbie compared to all u guys' tanks.. am still learning as i go along.. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
dun sorry la bro! hm, wa thats alot of stuff going thru ur chaetos.. i dunno.. i dun have much experience with chaetos also.. lets ask fishtalk.. :eyebrow:

Hi Mbmc and Vince,

sure tats some water splashing on ur cheatos. :lol: As u have mentioned, u've got the cheatos in the beta box, but does it have allowance/space for growth ? And do leave the cover of the beta box open so as to allow light casting on the cheatos. I.M.O, cheatos need not only constant light, constant flow but also some space for healthy growth.

Jus my little cheato experiences ya :rolleyes:

Vince, both ur tank and ur ad's tank looks great. Ur dad's tank, esp the twin tower, looks like 2 volcanos. I also see Durian spikes on one of the volcanos. Probably pop by one day to see both the tanks ya... Impressive for Father n Son's tank :bow: Keep it up.... n keep th ecamm rolling for more pics :lol:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

thanks bro fishtalk.. my fren's digicam spoil liao.. have to get my hands on another cam first den will keep the pics coming! :lol:

anytime u wanna drop by la bro, pls do! haha just afraid u'll waste ur trip, because nothing much to see actually! no much gems, and just a simple system.. :)

• Sponsor
thanks bro fishtalk.. my fren's digicam spoil liao.. have to get my hands on another cam first den will keep the pics coming! :lol:

anytime u wanna drop by la bro, pls do! haha just afraid u'll waste ur trip, because nothing much to see actually! no much gems, and just a simple system.. :)

Every one starts from basic......in time to come, it will a superb tank....keep it up bro

• SRC Member
Every one starts from basic......in time to come, it will a superb tank....keep it up bro

thanks again DE, many thanks to ur lightset :bow: , it is perfect for my tank and i'm loving it.. :yeah:

• Sponsor
thanks again DE, many thanks to ur lightset :bow: , it is perfect for my tank and i'm loving it.. :yeah:

from the pic you post, it seems that your T5 are more brighter than your dad's 250watts.... :whistle

am happy that you are please with the light set.

cheers

• SRC Member
from the pic you post, it seems that your T5 are more brighter than your dad's 250watts.... :whistle

cheers

Your lightsets are great stuff :D I've been using your 6 tube for the last 3 months, and I'm absolutely loving it :D

• Sponsor
Your lightsets are great stuff :D I've been using your 6 tube for the last 3 months, and I'm absolutely loving it :D

the secret is to use a good german eballast with good germany tubes....any not paying german prices.

there are also many other factors too.... :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

cheers

you're absolutely right.. even with his 2x 250W, my tank is still more illuminated and very much brighter than his tank :whistle (mainly due to his lousy reflectors also) .. the intensity and spread is fantastic, exactly what i wanted.. :P

why i chose 8tubes is partly due to my rockscaping also, the cliffs cause alot of shadow areas, so i need the 8tubes to provide enough spread..

bro Mbmc, fellow T5 lover.. :lol:

• SRC Member
bro snow..now you no more interested collect mushier liao ? Saw your sump tank got 1 rock of mushroom place down there :unsure:

and your sps looks great condition yahh :yeah:

wa bro lum ur eyes so sharp, got la i still have my mushroom hill at my right tank side.. the mushroom rock gotten from bro roger when he decomm, added a few polyps there so let the polyps attach to the rocks first.. :peace:

later i post a shot of the sps.. :eyebrow: