Hi I am new here

Hello, just change to reef so still got alot of think not sure lol currently I having 2ft tank and a small sump tank.

I have the following

2 clown fish

2 Dargonet

2 cleaning shrimp

3 turbo snail

1 sun coral

1 cup coral

2 only 1 head mushroom

P1030633.jpg

I have a few suncoral attach to this LR

P1030635.jpg

By the way I stay woodland ave 3 so maybe there are some bro stay woodland also, can meet up or view your collection lol on weekend when I free I also will visit farm cause it cheaper and I use farm sw for water change weekly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, just change to reef so still got alot of think not sure lol currently I having 2ft tank and a small sump tank.

I have the following

2 clown fish

2 Dargonet

2 cleaning shrimp

3 turbo snail

1 sun coral

1 cup coral

2 only 1 head mushroom

P1030633.jpg

P1030635.jpg

By the way I stay woodland ave 3 so maybe there are some bro stay woodland also, can meet up or view your collection lol on weekend when I free I also will visit farm cause it cheaper and I use farm sw for water change weekly.

Hi Welcome to the hobby

Hi Alberted,

Hello. Me also new. Too bad i stay in sengkang, if not, will definitely meetup with you to exchange points. At the moment also being "poisoned" by going fish farm every weekend or even weekday but haven reach a stage to chiong for shipment. Lol.

Think it will be good for newbies to gather together to exchange experiences and seek help from senior reefers if needs be.

I am owning a 2ft Cube tank also. I would say your tank is neat. Mine seems to be congested but will "re-construct" after i know my direction. Right now, nothing much to show but based on your past posting, think you have regreted in some purchases which i think most beginners will do....hehe. Compatibility issue. I kena this. Do your study before making any purchase. Think i spent too much and wasted lots of hard-earned money. Worst is you spent and released the fish but got problem catching the fish(unless you willing to tear down whole setup.) Lol.

Happy Reefing. Hope to see you one of these days. : )

I have the following

2 clown fish

2 Dargonet

2 cleaning shrimp

3 turbo snail

1 sun coral

1 cup coral

2 only 1 head mushroom

P1030633.jpg

P1030635.jpg

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Hello oh U stay sengkang I always go jalan kayu the farm there. Ya first I keep anemone wah damn hard to keep lo so still alife i let go to some nice bro here lol see it suffer i also sian. Now start fish first and some little coral hope can keep them alife lol

I usually go pasir ris farm but will also pop by jalan kayu. I also tried for my clowns but later keep LPS for them. For fish, though seems easy but keeping the fishes alive is a challenge. If you intend to keep corals and peaceful fishes, do be careful in buying shrimp, agressive fishes, etc. U sold off a boxer shrimp(bandedshrimp) right... hehe.... it is a terror right...hehe....mantis shrimp also terror...hehe....

Hello oh U stay sengkang I always go jalan kayu the farm there. Ya first I keep anemone wah damn hard to keep lo so still alife i let go to some nice bro here lol see it suffer i also sian. Now start fish first and some little coral hope can keep them alife lol

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

welcome welcome welcome...to this hobby. :D

Well, i stay at around hougang area and if you guys need any assistances or advise, you can PM me or seek advices from bros here. :D

This hobby really takes time and patience in the initial period and best of all, you will learn to become a part time marine biologist. Why? Cos, you start to read about water chemical properties, fish behavior, eating habits etc etc.

Later part, you will start to learn from bros here on getting the best look and scaping of your current tank.

Then, you will start to dream of owing a bigger tank than what you had now. And best of all, you start to get MORE colourful corals and rare specimens.

Finally, you will spend and spend untill you dare not pick up the calculator and even let your spouse know! :P

But...at least, you make yourself happy and admire your tank! :D

Welcome all bros! :D

• SRC Member

Wow... fellowship of the reefers! I like this...

I still have plenty to learn from most of the long time reefers here.

I'm staying in Pasir Ris, so naturally, Pasir Ris farmway is my usual hang-out. My tank is in my office (Serangoon area), and therefore I do drop by at Jalan Kayu once in awhile.

Can't agree more with wil lee... this hobby can really be draining to your finances. Just came back from the farm planning to get a tubby, but ended up buying more corals... -_-

• SRC Member

welcome.. as u can see i'm a woodland-er too.. :lol:

with patience and do lots of reading up, you'll enjoy reefing.. cheers..

• SRC Member
Really nice too see nice bro here I have a problem my fish always got white spot or like ich and always kana nemo. So how can I stop all this?

Bro, maybe you can share your tank stats and how long is your tank? just started?

Personally, last time...i do have a QT to hold all the fishes before heading to the main tank. Reasons is to get it feed (esp tang family) I use to dip my food with garlic solution before feeding, cos garlic improved their immunity and at the same time, the strong smell can get the fish to eat. Nowadays, from what i known of, most of the pellets or flakes already consists garlic elements. QT is good cos in any worse scenrio, you can adminstart medciation.

I used to have a UV equipment for all water to fliter through, will it help? For me, it will. I do know some reefers find it useless.

So thats what i can share with you. Try to soak pellets in garlic solution before feeding...see any improvements.

And also, clownfish are quite hardy so getting white spots...mmm....must know how long is your tank!

hope these helps! :D

• SRC Member
my tanks 3 week plus liao as for the garlic solution where to get? How much? I stay woodland so not much LFS here

bro, 3 weeks...is your cycling period over? have you check your ammonia & nitrite? If so, ok...any casualties during this 3 weeks? If everything is well, i do suggest to stock slowly. I do believe its NEW TANK syndrome. Take your time...dun rush. :D

It seems that you frequent Jal. Kayu AM. You can purchase their pellets or flakes food (brands like something like ocean...) Couldn't rem the exact brand name. Its contains garlic too.

Hope these helps! :D

• SRC Member

Sun corals do require feeding on mysis or cyclopeeze. (sorry wrong spelling) in order to bloom. Last time, when i started..i uses some mash prawnmeat and gently rub on the opening. Believed me...it will bloom..nicely.

But do take note, over excess of feeding can led to high PO4 and NO3 which will cause algae bloom. I do believe that you does not have a skimmer. Weekly water change can help, but it all depends on your feeding habits and husbandry....

Read more on corals section before making purchased. :D

Hope these helps... :D

Regs,

Wil

Think I have to read more. Now I want to change to 3ft tank currently looking for 2nd hand and it cheap one to convert. My sun coral like not doing well only open once but the others that stick to the LR will open happily le also dont know why.

Bro, to upgrade to a 3 ft is good but do proper study as your current equipment might not be able to handle a 3ft setup. Hence, need to plan and source around.

For your sun coral, maybe they like to live on high rise rock....lol....joking. Maybe you can relocate them and see how they behave.... : )

Think I have to read more. Now I want to change to 3ft tank currently looking for 2nd hand and it cheap one to convert. My sun coral like not doing well only open once but the others that stick to the LR will open happily le also dont know why.

Algae Scrubbler

Hi Alberted, you looking for a 3 ft tank, i know someone selling 3 ft(L) X 1.5ft(W) X 2ft(H) with sump and cabinet. Around $200+/- but you need to provide your own transport. Does this sound cheap for you?

Bro, to upgrade to a 3 ft is good but do proper study as your current equipment might not be able to handle a 3ft setup. Hence, need to plan and source around.

For your sun coral, maybe they like to live on high rise rock....lol....joking. Maybe you can relocate them and see how they behave.... : )

Algae Scrubbler

I see, I looking at the most 200 for the tank and sump so looking around for cheap stuff lol. I try to relocate my sun coral they seen do dislike my tank but other seen to be ok like my cup coral. If the sun coral dont like my tank think I will let go them lol so hard to make them happy :P

someone decom his tank. Similar to my friend's tank. Looking 300 for whole setup. Maybe can combine to get it as a whole. You take the tank, etc and i take some LS...hehe....he is quoting $300 for whole. Think worth but not sure how is the arrangement. Think must view first to commit also. U interested...hehe....

for your sun, if you want to sell...sell me cheap cheap....lol...i am interested...hehehe....

Paitence is required but at times......impulse overruled our mind....hehe...

I see, I looking at the most 200 for the tank and sump so looking around for cheap stuff lol. I try to relocate my sun coral they seen do dislike my tank but other seen to be ok like my cup coral. If the sun coral dont like my tank think I will let go them lol so hard to make them happy :P

Algae Scrubbler

Hi

I also stay in woodland and also just start in this hobby for few month. I just like you start with 2.5' with DIY stuff for stand and sump. Now I just got my self 3' (2nd hand very cheap) cabinet tank with support from my wife as my current tank underneat very massy :paiseh: . As for SUN for my limited knowledge it need flow more than light. I also target feed them It seem to open nicely.

Tank Spec :

Display tank : 48" x 24" x 18."'(H)

Sump tank : 25" x 23" x 18"(H)

Return pump : Reef Octopus 8000

Wave Maker : Vortech MP10Wes

Lighting : DIY LED (Cree led) 60 bulb

Chiller : helia 55hs

Skimmer : BM Curve 7

Controller : Reef Angel

My wife also supported but regret later....wahahahaha......

To alberted - maybe you try buy henry's goument. Try searching the forum as there are a number of positive feedback. : )

You are one fortunate reefer! Support from the family can be rare, looking at the number of decommed tanks mentioning about wife or mom nagging, etc... Heh. :whistle

Algae Scrubbler

You are one fortunate reefer! Support from the family can be rare, looking at the number of decommed tanks mentioning about wife or mom nagging, etc... Heh. :whistle

Must thanks to her, In fact 1/3 of my LS is was her idea specially sun coral. I do maintain she enjoy beauty. I think whatever hobby we are interest it will be best if it bring joy to whole family.

Tank Spec :

Display tank : 48" x 24" x 18."'(H)

Sump tank : 25" x 23" x 18"(H)

Return pump : Reef Octopus 8000

Wave Maker : Vortech MP10Wes

Lighting : DIY LED (Cree led) 60 bulb

Chiller : helia 55hs

Skimmer : BM Curve 7

Controller : Reef Angel

• SRC Member
Must thanks to her, In fact 1/3 of my LS is was her idea specially sun coral. I do maintain she enjoy beauty. I think whatever hobby we are interest it will be best if it bring joy to whole family.

Can't agree more... its wonderful to share the joy and beauty of the reef hobby. Quite meaningless if you're the only one who appreciates all the effort put in to make it look good.

Seen like got a few bro stay woodland next time can gather go fish farm hehe know the uncle there can discount :D As for Sun coral I now everytime take out put 1 small tank and feed it like this then it will come out... but I have no much time doing this So after thinking maybe I going to let go this sun coral so as it wont suffer :D it partly my fault cause I never study more about it then buy it cause IT JUST TOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLLLLLL :D(but put in my tank turn ugly) also have a cup coral no problem with it and uncle give me 2 little free thinks is mushroom ba lol. I hear the wat zoo easy to keep ha isn't true? as for those stay woodland hehe I stay ave 3 area so next time I can lobang u all go farm on weekend :D