All dead

Dinosaur

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hey man.. Really sorry for your fishes...

But I was just wondering how are you gonna remove the toxins inside your tank water? Runnning carbon or something? And how is it that the Tang and other fishes survived what the angels could not?

Thanks.. And really sorry for your loss, man.. Hope you won't let this get you down on this wonderful hobby!!

• SRC Member
Gee... how in the world did it enter the powerhead?? Did you not leave the basket/guard on?

Dino, I'm sure you have heard of a few reefers tank kenna wiped out by a 'cuke nuke' and every one of them is because they met an untidy end when they met with a pump impeller.

Reefers.... PROTECT YOUR PUMPS or rather PROTECT YOUR LIVESTOCK FROM YOUR PUMPS!!! ALWAYS have the intake PROTECTED!!!

AT,

It got stuck onto the guard

When I discover it, there is still quite a lot stuck outside the guard

I also dunno how it manage to get stuck there

because the guard of the power head is hidden by some rocks that’s why I did not get to discover it earlier.

Guess it must have been stuck there for quite some time before it breaks up and get into the propeller and gets grind into small pieces and discharge out to the water and kill the fishes

Even with guard it is not fool proof

The best is not to get these creature into our tank (lesson learnt) <_<

dino07.gif

oh yes, put in some active carbon to remove some toxics.

I used to put some in my tank when an anemone went to visit its grandpa..

I tik dino will cheer up with such a chio blacknails avatar..veri refreshin seldom see one ard here. :)

btw, 6ft tank, damn siong. n your avatar of emperor junior, is the RIP now 1?

• SRC Member
oh yes, put in some active carbon to remove some toxics.

I used to put some in my tank when an anemone went to visit its grandpa..

I tik dino will cheer up with such a chio blacknails avatar..veri refreshin seldom see one ard here. :)

btw, 6ft tank, damn siong. n your avatar of emperor junior, is the RIP now 1?

Feel like puking :P

Yeah its the one shown in my avatar

It is almost changed into adult form

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

My Anemone also went to see Grandpa when it got stuck in Filter INlet...Damn small gap also can decompose there..Luckily I had ChemiPUre..Died later in my hospital tank..the SMELL was unbearable MAN!!! :(

Guys...and gals.Flubberina you are girl right?

BUt everything has gone well for my tank ever since...2 clowns 1 damsel...1 banded shrimp still alive and kicking and COrals mushroom polyp back to normal....BUT last week when I intro..a Bi-colour Angel like the One DInosaur have....I even acclimitise it with a DRIP...The poor fellow...breathed hard and stressed out overnight before it died the next day :(

I still have the Post Mortem Photos for you guys..to see..next time I will upload...Heard Ache just $9 gone like that!

Donno why...my other lifestocks seem to be doing fine..Ebi told me a piece of advice Angels should be Intro after 3 Mths..at least.to let things stablilise.I lost Count but I think my tank is more than 2 mths old...now a Nano 2 Ft tank..

I just bought another 3 Kg of LR..to add to me tank..which looks better scaped now..DON"T dare ADD any more Angels or fishes..

How much is an Emperor that Dinosaur lost anyway?