tri-colour acro

Hon

• SRC Member
hon,

beautiful tank. but where are the 6 tangs for yours!  ;)  camera shy?

I ask them to step aside while I take pic of my acro .. :lol:

Toking about that, ya hor, why none appear in the pic ?? .... :blink:

• SRC Member
Jus curious, are you still with the 250W DE BLV 10kks???

Or have you switched to the Aqualine 13kk bulbs???

Hi Joe,

I already switched to the so called 13kk AB bulb. Its a bit whiter on the light output. Would really love to get a 20kk bulb, but have to wait for the manufacturer to make them now.

• SRC Supporter

Hi Joe,

I already switched to the so called 13kk AB bulb. Its a bit whiter on the light output. Would really love to get a 20kk bulb, but have to wait for the manufacturer to make them now.

Maybe you like to state some observations regards the 2 different bulbs...

So jus in case reefers here might have some idea what they are getting if they venture into some AB bulbs.... ;)

• SRC Member

Hi Joe,

AB has 20K bulbs. In 250 or 150 watts and DE too.

• SRC Member
AB has 20K bulbs. In 250 or 150 watts and DE too.

Hi pospeh,

AB have not release its 20k 250watt DE bulb yet. Its shown on their website, but they don't have the product yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Problems after problem. Last week, my 2nd Giesemann Nova II pendant cover glass broke. The glass pieces drop into my tank and exposing the ###### DE bulb to the acro. Luckily it only run for 3 hrs before I got home. Not much damages done, i hope so, just discolouration of acro under that pendant.

Good thing is I bought an extra piece of cover glass from Giesemann after my 1st pendant cover glass broke. Have since replaced it. Bad thing is, I run out of glass cover now. Cross my fingers my 3rd Giesemann dun break!! The cover is damm ex, SGD$75 per piece. Cannot keep breaking glass leh .... pengz ..

Man, you and Giesemann really 'bo gum'!!!

I think you go and get local anti-uv plexiglass better... I think you can get from Dama Plastics. Check with Maxima... I think he has the exact code.

• SRC Member

If it break again... I really have to seek local supplies. Euro exchange rate so high now. Can easily hit $90 this time. :(

Thanks for the tips..Will check with Maxima when the occassion call for it.. Hopefully never happen again :P

I don't think its their fault. they're probably swarmed by emails for technical support. like it took days before AquaC replied to me. but then again, it was when they had a huge fire in San Diego and everything as in chaos over there. or was it at San Fran. hmm. forgot.

at least they bothered to reply and apologise. :P