nano reef

eviliztic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
looking good.

but i see that your rocks are leaning against the glass walls.

nano tanks algaed up rather fast.

it will be quite at trouble cleaning it after.

thanks!

ya..i know..but got not much of a choice as space is very limited..will see how it goes..really cannot then rescape lor..haha

• SRC Member

that backlane lOOKS so familar! :D

anyway, nice setup...i do sense that its going to be very cool...and swee..but bro, just take note..of controlling ur water parameters...not that easy for such a small tank! BUT, if with close monitoring ...it might go far and longer than expected!

Good work...!

regs,

Wil

• SRC Member
that backlane lOOKS so familar! :D

anyway, nice setup...i do sense that its going to be very cool...and swee..but bro, just take note..of controlling ur water parameters...not that easy for such a small tank! BUT, if with close monitoring ...it might go far and longer than expected!

Good work...!

regs,

Wil

haha! yea! :rolleyes:

yup..monitoring them..still within acceptable range..

• SRC Member

don't worries lah.

small tanks are more manageable than large tanks. YES, a greater room for errors but also an easier time to rectify.

For example, a simple water change will solve any possible issues. and that won't cost you an arm or leg. Just a few litres nia (:

• SRC Member
don't worries lah.

small tanks are more manageable than large tanks. YES, a greater room for errors but also an easier time to rectify.

For example, a simple water change will solve any possible issues. and that won't cost you an arm or leg. Just a few litres nia (:

ture..n thats one of the reasons y i downgrade..but its really a hard time keep water specs in check..

• SRC Member

Exactly, I used to have 3 feeters and above. but later realise they are more of a hassle than a charm. worst than ladies of course! ><

haha,

so I'm downgrading to 2 feet, minus IOS compartment. maybe looking at 1.5ft. haha full fledged sps soon. waiting for them to grow. gee damn long! ><

• SRC Member
Exactly, I used to have 3 feeters and above. but later realise they are more of a hassle than a charm. worst than ladies of course! ><

haha,

so I'm downgrading to 2 feet, minus IOS compartment. maybe looking at 1.5ft. haha full fledged sps soon. waiting for them to grow. gee damn long! ><

welcome to the nano club! B)

• SRC Supporter
can keep it at about 27-28 with 8hrs photoperiod..provided not on those really hot days..yup..must drill hole! i dun think theres a need for maintenance but if needed..the sump must be drained to removed the chiller..

Bro, is the fan-like thingy the chiller? I am thinking of Modifying a CPU Cooler for computers to act as a fan to cool down my water temperature from the sump. Mine is those wall-mount by Atl**tis and not much mod can be done.

Where to get the one you have? Thanks.

• SRC Member
Bro, is the fan-like thingy the chiller? I am thinking of Modifying a CPU Cooler for computers to act as a fan to cool down my water temperature from the sump. Mine is those wall-mount by Atl**tis and not much mod can be done.

Where to get the one you have? Thanks.

yup..thats a chiller..there r indeed bros out there who make use of pc fans to cool water down..haha.

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

How's yr Ice Prop Chiller, what is the Temperature it maintain. I am thinking of getting one liek yours soon.

Thks.rgds.

hi..i think its quite good at holding the temp about 25.5-27..however..with my mh going for 8 hours..its hovering about 28..

• SRC Member
FTS :rolleyes:

DSCF2738.jpg

Like the colour of ur MH

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
wah bro, the centre piece rock how u attach it there? epoxy? no fish?

haha..i drill hole then use cable tie..took awhile to do it thou..hope u guys like like it as much as i do! haha :whistle

still deciding wad fish to put..so small tank scared over load..maybe just a few will do..