nano reef

eviliztic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I recommend you go for small fishes. Angels like cherub angel will do fine. If not, you can always go for mandarin pairs, gobies, or hawkfishes.

ask me, I will ask you to go for a small school of gobies. looks good and adds nice personalities to your tank :D

hi..i think its quite good at holding the temp about 25.5-27..however..with my mh going for 8 hours..its hovering about 28..

Hi Bro,

Thanks for all the info. Had went down to Reborn and got a quote for 1 ft tank with Ice-prop. Need somemore info from you, how long you Turn On your Ice Prop per day. Or do you On it for 24 hrs.

Thks/rgds.

Malvin

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

Thanks for all the info. Had went down to Reborn and got a quote for 1 ft tank with Ice-prop. Need somemore info from you, how long you Turn On your Ice Prop per day. Or do you On it for 24 hrs.

Thks/rgds.

Malvin

i set my timer to on it 1 hour before my light come on n it will go off an hour after my light go off..n it will depend on wad light u use..mine mh so the heat generated might be more then t5s.

hope that will help. :paiseh:

• SRC Member
I recommend you go for small fishes. Angels like cherub angel will do fine. If not, you can always go for mandarin pairs, gobies, or hawkfishes.

ask me, I will ask you to go for a small school of gobies. looks good and adds nice personalities to your tank :D

think i will be going for gobies..haha! big tank cant see them..in nano confirm can see one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter
yup..thats a chiller..there r indeed bros out there who make use of pc fans to cool water down..haha.

Sigh, I downloaded the size of the Iceprobe and its too big to fit on my wall-mount tank....... tried using a CPU cooler and managed to bring the temp down to 29 the most and the adapter is damn hot....

Any bro's still got any idea how to bring temp down with space constraint? Sigh... looks like I can't start any coral....

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Supporter
dude,

how big is your CPU fan?

managed to get a double fan cooler for Laptops... fit in nicely on top, but blocking partial of the light. Able to bring down temp to 28. Have started with Goniopoli, bubble coral, open brain and blasto. The last 2 corals are doing fine while goni and bubble is not opening fully. Still surviving.

• Senior Reefer
You probably wun get Multiband goby in SG anytime soon.. Haha.. They originate from Bahamas and West Atlantics.. There are not much demand and dun think many LFS are able to get fishes or exporters from there...

Yea... i expected much. Sad to say that alot of rare fish are still being exported, even from those isolated areas from time to time. Green banded goby is very nice and fairly common, unfortunately it is not high in demand. Perhaps i can special order... or buy online =x

• SRC Member
nano gobies r nice! but currently have 2 baby true percs in the tank!

How abt a FTS?? :idea:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• Senior Reefer

How come ppl like true pers so much? O.o i see on RC forum, 9/10 ppl clownfish is true perc. Mine is false one. =) i prefer orange and white, true perc sometimes got alot of black.