can i drip seachem paraguard into my main tank ?

i bought this medication and drip 5ml into my tank..

i notice my jewels, ric, yuma star poly started to close and hide ... but the shop told me it doesnt affect corals as it doesnt have any copper ....

:( i;m juz trying to safe my purple tang

and i hate those white little bugs which kill my mandarin today ....

i'm so lost now ...

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member
i bought this medication and drip 5ml into my tank..

i notice my jewels, ric, yuma star poly started to close and hide ... but the shop told me it doesnt affect corals as it doesnt have any copper ....

:( i;m juz trying to safe my purple tang

and i hate those white little bugs which kill my mandarin today ....

i'm so lost now ...

sorry to say this but i will say serve u right. din i warn u that ur tank is too small to keep tang? u dun wan to listen, so prepare to lose some fishes...... hope u learn ur lesson after this

Bro Vtec, take it easy.

Bro Jowen, have u identify what are those white bug? They might not be the cause of death for your mandarin. For the corals, some reef safe medication does not harm them but by adding them, it will affect the water condition which the corals might feel stress. Safe like human, some cannot take panadol....Hence, after the treatment and recovery of your fishes, it will be good to do water change to dilute it. Pls try to understand Bro Vtec's stand, advice given but if one refused to take and subsequently seek help.... anyway, patience and knowledge are crucial in this hobby but i can understand not easy as one might be overwhelmed by impulse and emotion. Believe some reefers went thr this and learned their lessons. Reefers who gave advices are helping one to avoid such mistake. All the best. : )

sorry to say this but i will say serve u right. din i warn u that ur tank is too small to keep tang? u dun wan to listen, so prepare to lose some fishes...... hope u learn ur lesson after this

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

y not since ur tank is small so i dont think u have alot of corals, take out ur corals , put them in a hospital tank, or if u can catch ur pt even better, then do hyposalinity

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

1 more method u can try that work for me , i had ich on my tangs a couple of weeks back but after using this method for 1 week , i had not seen anymore ich on my fishes , still monitoring

go to hardware store to get a tapwater filter ($38) get 1 that uses a 5 micron filter, hook it up to a powerhead of at least 2000l per hour place inside ur tank and polish the water, when the ich breaks offs from ur fishes they will be free floating as well as baby ich will also be in the water colum before they find a host to attach to, their size will be arn 30micron , so the filter will definately filter them out , filter must be taken out and flush with hot freshwater for 10mins daily, feed multiple small meals to make sure ur fishes are eating. for tangs put in dried seaweed and red bamboo algae, do a weekly water change.

troublesome but it seems to work for me , and also a big warning to me to quarantine all fishes before adding to display tank, the ich was brought in by a blue tang which was stress.

oh ya increase the current and stir the sand then while using the filter to do the filtering do at least a 20% water change , u might have to change the sucking position of the powerhead daily, in 2 days u should see extremely clear water with good light penetration and the fishes should look happier and corals opening bigger

u can try this method hopefully it works for u as it did for me, try not to put any medication into ur tank if it has corals that you cant take out

but a word of water , its a very tedious method, took me a whole day to do everything excluding flushing filter daily but mine is a 5x2.5x2 , so urs should be much easier

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

manage to do a water change and today not much of the pods already ... my chrmos are chasing them and eating them ...

purple tang manage to survive from white spot and eating .. not much white spot already .. corals opening again ... lucky i drip a bit of the para guard .. will take not of vtec advice .. thanks bro ..

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
manage to do a water change and today not much of the pods already ... my chrmos are chasing them and eating them ...

purple tang manage to survive from white spot and eating .. not much white spot already .. corals opening again ... lucky i drip a bit of the para guard .. will take not of vtec advice .. thanks bro ..

FYI, mandarins are very difficult fishes to keep. They do not normally survive long in aquariums as they are very sensitive to water parameters.

They are very shallow water fishes and they thrive in temp that fluctuates due to high tigh and low tigh in their wild environment.

I have used seachem paraguard for my office 4ft tank, it is a good solution to control parasites. (thumbs up) :D

But if you want a long-term solution, get an ozoniser and switch on during night time.

Off it whenever you feed yr corals with planktons and when u add nitrifying bacteria into yr tank.

l7304smr.jpg

Seachem Paraguard is not safe for invertebrates, even Seachem does not declare it as 100% invert safe. Copper is not the only thing toxic to inverts. Paraguard contains aldehydes and malachite green which can save fish, but will affect your inverts one way or another. Paraguard is also not safe for scaleless fish like mandarins.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/