OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

mismatched pair of angels by liveaquaria.

i think it's a mistake. the male is a melanospilos but a female caudovittatus.

Mismatched. Maybe with the intent of creating hybrids!

Just kidding. Did not expect LADD to make such mistake.

mismatched pair of angels by liveaquaria.

i think it's a mistake. the male is a melanospilos but a female caudovittatus.

Live Aquaria is a mail order company. The have NO facility of their own and buy from Quality Marine In LAX... If you see something fish or Shrimp offered "Cebuan"... well you will know how the source is ha ha..

Anyway...... They want to appear like professionals but know actual shit from Shinola about it all...

Just a mail order company , that's all!!

• SRC Member

Live Aquaria is a mail order company. The have NO facility of their own and buy from Quality Marine In LAX... If you see something fish or Shrimp offered "Cebuan"... well you will know how the source is ha ha..

Anyway...... They want to appear like professionals but know actual shit from Shinola about it all...

LOL, interesting insight... I guess marketing helps :)

• Senior Reefer

Don't they have a facility in rhinelander?

yes i agree that there are some items that have been named wrongly before both scientific names and common names. as well as the location that they are caught from probably.

i've never ordered from them before as they do not ship outside of the U.S, but based on customer feedback on many platforms, it's probably one of the best handlers and dealers in the trade in the U.S

there's also no denying the professionalism and quality of the livestock that are actually put out for sale by Kevin Kohen.

• Senior Reefer

Crytocentrus Leucostictus in a Japan LFS. One has came in before thru philippines shipment, but sadly it did not make it.

post-10328-0-97765200-1316530541_thumb.j

post-10328-0-12019100-1316530550_thumb.j

Also came in together with this unknown goby. Anyone know wat species is this? Flabelligobius?

here's the cryptocentrus goby that came from Johan's shipment.

C. leucostictus. very rare here in singapore and elsewhere in the world, but i don't know exactly how rare it is in the wild. unfortunately it died shortly after arriving from the shipment, but the rest of the fishes in that particular shipment are well.

here's the photo that i took and wrote in Reefbuilders. there's also a lotilia graciliosa in the same photo.

digi, how much are the japanese selling the cryptocentrus?

post-15755-0-04088100-1316792531_thumb.j

post-15755-0-63615900-1316792534_thumb.j

C. leucostictus. very rare here in singapore and elsewhere in the world, but i don't know exactly how rare it is in the wild. unfortunately it died shortly after arriving from the shipment, but the rest of the fishes in that particular shipment are well.

here's the photo that i took and wrote in Reefbuilders. there's also a lotilia graciliosa in the same photo.

There was no price listed for the goby. But it seems that the commensal shrimp for this goby is the fine-striped pistol.

Anyway here is one of my dream fish:

There was no price listed for the goby. But it seems that the commensal shrimp for this goby is the fine-striped pistol.

Anyway here is one of my dream fish:

The C leucostictus I have now some 10 fish and shrimp in stock......

• Senior Reefer

it's been awhile since i last saw these for sale.

M. cf alleni.

there exists a rarer nicer colour form of blue and yellow. perhaps the male form of this species. i'm not very good with dottybacks.

highly territorial. i've kept them once and it was quite a pain.

post-15755-0-82151600-1316827314_thumb.j

Over the years things have changed in the hobby...

You see in the earlier days a fish like that would have end up in the store to grow old as nobody took interest...

Not a perfect specimen they would say.. Now all in a sudden we are into other matters.Nevertheless,this angel though , it looks fine with me.But what to think of all the breeding and heading for "as weird as possible"

I remember some 30 years ago a diver brought me a P. hepatus with no tail ( natural not grown).. We returned it to the reef in front.

Hmm. Last week I receive a request from one of my Taipei buyers "Do you ever have fish without a tail to offer ? "...

I prefer natural Amphiprion occelaris over "snowflake, Picasso "or what other weird name they come.. Are we now facing a marine "Guppy" hype ??"Next thing is Ranchu Percula Clwon. Riyaku Percula Clown , Fan tail percula clown or what about the all time favorite Lion Head Percula Clown....

They tell me "beauty is in the eye of the beholder "......

My opinion ,which I am sure is not yours.... Sad development!!

Deformities like born without tail in marine fishes is highly valued in asian market. Especially in HK and Taiwan.

Below are some tailless angels that made it to HK and was sold for a good sum of money.

post-10328-0-71462500-1316831992_thumb.j

post-10328-0-51893700-1316832000_thumb.j

post-10328-0-98014100-1316832009_thumb.j

Personally i'm not in favour of a tailless fish cos to me it is a handicap and i rather want a perfect healthy but normal looking fish.

• SRC Member

Deformities like born without tail in marine fishes is highly valued in asian market. Especially in HK and Taiwan.

Below are some tailless angels that made it to HK and was sold for a good sum of money.

post-10328-0-71462500-1316831992_thumb.j

post-10328-0-51893700-1316832000_thumb.j

post-10328-0-98014100-1316832009_thumb.j

Personally i'm not in favour of a tailless fish cos to me it is a handicap and i rather want a perfect healthy but normal looking fish.

Poor Thing.. Born without Tail.

Don't feel too good seeing them with such misfortune.

I wish they are healthy and happy...

• Senior Reefer

my favourite fairy wrasse of all time.

Marjorie's fairy wrasse in the wild. this is the male.

rare in the trade but common in the reefs of Fiji. there used to be an influx of them for a couple of months but then they stopped coming in all together.

post-15755-0-40828300-1316878928_thumb.j

Looks like a whitecap goby.

• Senior Reefer

Looks like a whitecap goby.

yes it does!

there's a whitecap goby in the same photo too.

both are black with a white cap from the head to tail dorsally.

but cryptocentrus is longer in shape and is the same genus as the yellow watchman goby