OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Was shock when I saw the price of the africanum this morning... Mitratum and pallidum looks to similar when stress.. Have never seen such a nice mitratum before..

Africanum's beauty lies in its subtlety .. It's pink hue..it's white stripes..

In fact the mitratum's color looks so close to the africanum here! Those we seen tend to be duller in person .

This tank at Siam Reef Club was gone while i visit the place last week. It suffered a tank leak and has to be torn down.

Look at the africanus in the vid, something is not right about it. Aberrant?

This new fish (Mauritius Cinereus trigger) is a murderer.

Before the tank suffered a tank leak the livestocks were mostly wiped out by some unknown disease which is most likely velvet.

This new fish (Mauritius Cinereus trigger) is a murderer.

Before the tank suffered a tank leak the livestocks were mostly wiped out by some unknown disease which is most likely velvet.

You mean the trigger likely brought in the velvet?

• Senior Reefer

semifasciatus X takeuchi...?

EDIT:me and Digiman posted at the same time. :cheers: .

nope. there is a post on semifasciatus x takeuchii already somewhere here.

this is a Genicanthus bellus hybrid. the orange dorsal fin and the tail pattern suggests very strong genetic input from G. bellus. the other half is anyone's guess, and i think it is G. lamarck.

this fish came from Bali (not philippines, sorry digi i heard wrongly), so there is definitely no input from takeuchii.

• Senior Reefer

the owner of the bellus hybrid also owns a female melanospilos x lamarck hybrid.

it will be interesting to see how the presence of two opposite sex hybrids affect each other in development and color.

ah!..thought of Lamarck came in my mind,but i missed out the thought of male Bellus completely.....

it's tail pattern reminded me of juvenile Takeuchii's body pattern...novice like me get deceived easily.. :drunk:

• Senior Reefer

ah!..thought of Lamarck came in my mind,but i missed out the thought of male Bellus completely.....

it's tail pattern reminded me of juvenile Takeuchii's body pattern...novice like me get deceived easily.. :drunk:

identifying genicanthus hybrids are never easy, especially when they are females.

it's just lucky this time round the male traits of bellus show up well. as for the other half, anyone's guess!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• Senior Reefer