Hawaii Black Tang

silverfish

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
sigh...esp against a black body...white spots are damn obvious...i still remember telling you to celebrate after 6 weeks...now havent 1 full week...

experts please help...dun let a beautiful specimen get worse...

i still miss my powder :cry2:

actually it's not v obvious. need to get close to see the spots. doesn't seem sick at all. always rushing for food during feeding time.

Then no need to worry excessively la. As long as it is eating it should recover. You might want to reduce the specific gravity close to 1.020 to give it some relief.. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Then no need to worry excessively la. As long as it is eating it should recover. You might want to reduce the specific gravity close to 1.020 to give it some relief.. ;)

not really worried. it still is v active. actually my moorish is recovering from white spots.

does lowering the SG help relieving it?

• SRC Member

U also have a moorish with white spot. I'll say u monitor closely cause I had very bad experience with white spot. Only manage to stop the spreading by removing fishes to my Hosiptal tank. In the end lost a hippo tang , PBr tang and a percula clown.

cheers

I recently acquired a purple tang a month ago, kana ich and knocked out a couple of fishes in my Q-tank(one was a trigger)....it was a tough fight...everytime I thought it was getting better, a few days later it will come back.....(thats the cycle of ich)

in the end, I remove the purple and put it in a 1ft cube, dose medi. and do very regular water change .....

now it is happily swimming in my main tang....

point is....glad you have a black tang(really envy), but to risk it with a M.I is not worth it......

I also understand to remove M.I. and stress it in a q tankwill risk losing it...

bro...seems like its a tough move this time...all the best and may you have a pair of rare and healthy fishes in your tank! :lol:

black tank appear in yishun 285, only $25 and achilles tank at yishun neighbourhood 2 for only $80... pm me for detail...

hopefully it is not a scopas...they do share a little similarity ...esp juv. size