Berlin protein skimmers

kelstorm

• SRC Member

hi guys, i wanna know whether any forumers out there is using that? or heard any comments on it.. i read abt it on the magazines and the reviews is good.. but i'm afraid that it is just a sales pitch.. <_< coz me thinking of getting one.. what is the price range, anybody knows? i enquired from aquamart, i was quote $800 i think for the smallest model.. sigh.. what abt other similar models or brands that u know of?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

kelstorm, I think at petmart, they are selling the Berlin classis for $300. You will need a Eheim 1060 to drive this guy, that will be another $150. If a berlin skimmer at aquamart cost $800, I will recommend you to get a H&S skimmer at $850 or $650(smaller one), you will never regret on this. Else, pay some school fees and join Phang in the DIY of skimmer. I know quite a few of the reefer uses the berlin skimmer, maybe you will see them response.

• SRC Member

bro ,

i got the H&S skimmer liao , you sure won't regret ... paid $650 for it ... but it comes with it's own pump and impeller and all ready to go/use .... hassle free .... and the pump they supplied is only 18W .... rated at 2000l/hr but it's the technology( impellor) that they use that is causing so much foam

buy it

• 4 weeks later...

I know my current H&S is an aspirating venturi type. The aspirating skimmers are the H&S Euroreefs and other US made brands like DAS, turbofloaters etc.

These skimmers utilize a very unique impeller which "aspirates" (draws in air) and chops it into microfine bubbles, creating very fine foam. They are also much more energy efficient,

Then there are the beckett types, requiring a powerful pump to drive them (downside). A Beckett fountainhead (which is a venturi valve), produces very good fine foam.

They are known to be good enough to 'over-skim'. Beckett skimmers have shorter water dwell times (unless you get tall ones). These tend to be rather big.

There is a new skimmer range from Germany which I am waiting for more info on.... supposed to be better than schuran & H&S... trust the Germans to come up with great technology... :) I WANT MY MERC SL!!!!

• SRC Member

Vosprung durch Technik.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
I know my current H&S is an aspirating venturi type. The aspirating skimmers are the H&S Euroreefs and other US made brands like DAS, turbofloaters etc.

These skimmers utilize a very unique impeller which "aspirates" (draws in air) and chops it into microfine bubbles, creating very fine foam. They are also much more energy efficient,

Then there are the beckett types, requiring a powerful pump to drive them (downside). A Beckett fountainhead (which is a venturi valve), produces very good fine foam.

They are known to be good enough to 'over-skim'. Beckett skimmers have shorter water dwell times (unless you get tall ones). These tend to be rather big.

There is a new skimmer range from Germany which I am waiting for more info on.... supposed to be better than schuran & H&S... trust the Germans to come up with great technology... :) I WANT MY MERC SL!!!!

what is recommended for 6x2.5x2.5 tank?? under H&S model? where can i get it?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

For that size of tank volume, maybe you have to go for Protein Skimmer-Type 200-1060 with a single eheim 1060 pump.

If you have cash to burn, by all means, get the Protein Skimmer-Type 200-2x1060 with dual eheim 1060 pump. :whistle

You can check the info of H&S at their website.

• SRC Member

yah.. perhaps u might get the 4 numbers then.. hahaha if not, pray in front of the fish everyday like that.. :bow: sure get the numbers one.. if not, buy the number balls for it to pick lor.. :whistle

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member
bro ,

i got the H&S skimmer liao , you sure won't regret ... paid $650 for it ... but it comes with it's own pump and impeller and all ready to go/use .... hassle free .... and the pump they supplied is only 18W .... rated at 2000l/hr but it's the technology( impellor) that they use that is causing so much foam

buy it

Hey, where do you get your H&S skimmer? Is this aerofoamer?