roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

i purposely dun put this photo in first although it is the first picture i took....

i know someone sure ask about this...so here it is bro bwilly..

*the money shot* hahaha :lol:

hmm.. i think it will looks better if the big hole is at the back instead of at the side... n u move the chiller exhaust facing the back :)

cant wait to see ur fully stock 6 footer

saw the pic of your cabinet. maybe do some cold air induction like the car air filter.. add more power. upz the hp by at least another 0.5hp..! haha.

my suggestion is to seperate the hot air exhaust out from the in..

from the look if u can add a board or some insulation material (check car garage), then the hot air out won't be suck in easily. or a special piping to link air intake from another area.

er....this model is actually more for server users...hehe

i not sure market prices how much for a new one..but i am sure it may hit pass 1k....coz this SMART series of UPS outputs pure sine wave....more suitable for pumps....

the other APC or other brand UPS tend to output stepped sine wave...meaning not pure waveform...hehe..

i am not sure lah....other computer experts here may be able to shine the light on this issue...

this one is a lobang from the source (matrix :P )

yeah..too many will shorten the power backup when mains supply fail...just have some that circulate the water can liao...maybe just power my tunze 6060 and TS7 ...

saw the pic of your cabinet. maybe do some cold air induction like the car air filter.. add more power. upz the hp by at least another 0.5hp..! haha.

my suggestion is to seperate the hot air exhaust out from the in..

from the look if u can add a board or some insulation material (check car garage), then the hot air out won't be suck in easily. or a special piping to link air intake from another area.

actually the other side facing the main tank also has the same mesh netting...thats why i keep a distance of 6 to 7 inches so that air can come in thru that channel and blow out from the other channel....

well...well test run when the whole system is up to see what is the distance i should keep..hehe..the most install some AC fans inside the cabinet lor...sure can ventilate one..lol

no.. I am talking more abt myself n my fren.

dun have a sump leh.. simei lai a..? haha.. !

if not use go car forum to ask abt air filter upgrade..

they may have some 2nd one selling cheap.. hiakhiak..

DIY one, n you got extra power chiller liao.

I go back office ask my fren..

we have talk on this for sometime, but all the reefers here like bo chap..? or they already have a power backup but never share?

yeah..remember to ask your colleague to get the SMART series..not the normal APC BACKUP series....its the APC SMART-UPS series..only the SMART series outputs pure sine wave if i am not wrong...

but some pumps may run just fine on stepped/modified sine wave though...but i am quite sure eheim is very picky on the waveform...it turns noisy and outputs less water when using modified sine wave backup....my personal experience...

becareful with non true sine wave invertors, I killed one SICCE ph many yrs ago.

Now you give me some good idea for power back up during blackout.

I've two 110Ah deep cycle batteries sitting around. I need to go find a true sine wave invertor then I'm safe when it blackout already :P

The batteries cost abt $150 each but the true sine wave invertors are going to cost quite a bit.

anyway..just for info:

True Sinewave inverters

As you can see in the diagram above, a true sine wave varies smoothly from zero volts to a maximum positive value and back down through zero volts to a minimum value.

True Sine Wave Inverters produce the highest quality, cleanest power, and produce voltage that most closely resembles that provided by your electrical utility company.

All electrical appliances can use the power produced by true sine wave inverters. True sine wave inverters are well suited for delicate electrical or electronic items such as stereos & computers. However, true sine wave inverters typically have a lower efficiency (see below) than modified sine wave inverters and higher initial cost. Because of this, a small true sine wave unit is sometimes employed to power a specific appliance or two, while the rest of the household runs on the cheaper and more efficient modified sine wave inverter. These types of inverters are decreasing in cost all the time and are simultaneously becoming more efficient. We can probably expect that they will become the standard in a few years

post-34-1071027383.gif

Modified Sinewave Inverters

Less expensive inverters are also available which imitate the waveform to a lower degree of accuracy. As can be seen in the diagram, the modified sine wave inverters produce a stepped waveform. Instead of smooth variations, you can see that the voltage changes abruptly from zero volts to a maximum value and then abruptly to zero again. After a short while the voltage again changes abruptly to a minimum value. A modified sine wave is a rough approximation of a true sine wave. Modified sine wave inverters traditionally have been very popular in alternative energy systems because of their low cost and high efficiency (see below). Most electrical appliances can use modified sine wave electricity and never know the difference.

post-34-1071027437.gif

becareful with non true sine wave invertors, I killed one SICCE ph many yrs ago.

Now you give me some good idea for power back up during blackout.

I've two 110Ah deep cycle batteries sitting around. I need to go find a true sine wave invertor then I'm safe when it blackout already :P

The batteries cost abt $150 each but the true sine wave invertors are going to cost quite a bit.

i saw a good true sine wave inverter in sim lim tower...its the cotek brand..metallic blue casing...damn cool looking...rated about 600W continuous pure sine wave output...about 400plus SGD....

another brand...Geni@s Pow#r....they have a pure sine wave version also...highest wattage about 300W continuous, 1000W peak surge output....it is good enough for lights and other use...but don't waste your time trying it on your expensive pumps like eheim pump for long period of time....cannot tahan...my personal opinion...

anyway, singapore power seldom lose power also lah...its just kiasu safeguard :)

another thing to note when getting an inverter is that u must make sure the output of the inverter when it uses battery power is sufficient for your pump or equipment...many inverters supply 230V when using mains supply..but when switchover to battery backup..output voltage is around 210-220...never hit the peak of the mains supply...

and if your pump is for 230V operation, then will have some problems..just take note