150 gallon marine aquarium

hijackng

• SRC Member

ah jack ah,

The water from main tank enters the sump where the skimmer is then goes to the LR settling chaber and then goes into

(i dont know/forget what that is... pls enlighten me) then goes to an externally mounted return pump?

Correct?

Bro nice tank :wub::groupwavereversed:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

ah jack ah,

The water from main tank enters the sump where the skimmer is then goes to the LR settling chaber and then goes into

(i dont know/forget what that is... pls enlighten me) then goes to an externally mounted return pump?

Correct?

Picture says a thousand words B)

post-34-1070279103.jpg

post-34-1091115228.jpg

• SRC Member

weipro skimmer....kow tow to u 3xs... :bow::bow::bow:

wow with such a beautiful tank and just using weipro skimmer,really really shows $$ equips is not a must.

super eye opener :bow:

lol... no la that is my first skimmer in year 2003.

I am showing copperband the sump set up since it is cleanner then.

I am now runing two H&S in sump skimmer and a FR with 1L of Rowaphos.

Post current sump pic.

post-521-12761460450756_thumb.jpg

post-521-12761460473057_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Picture says a thousand words B)

post-34-1070279103.jpg

post-34-1091115228.jpg

Hi Bro,

You have awesome tanks! Those are some art!

A tiny question, ever consider buying a piece of black acrylic to block the lights going to the skimmer compartment?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

WOW, are those dark blue LED from ikea? saw once @ HW33's house but in a smaller version, but the result is spectacular! :bow:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

omgggggg very very very very nice leh!!! must copy your idea liao :P :P

haha... no problem.

WOW, are those dark blue LED from ikea? saw once @ HW33's house but in a smaller version, but the result is spectacular! :bow:

LED, 2 pin socket and power supply from Sim Lim Tower, casing from ikea.

Sigh... Can't capture the effect of the led on camera... I am stunned when i on it for the first time. beautiful effect....

• SRC Member

jack!! nice nice nice DIY!!! :) your fishes now can see the SPS without BUMPING into them in the dark hahahaahah :)

:welldone:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

jack!! nice nice nice DIY!!! :) your fishes now can see the SPS without BUMPING into them in the dark hahahaahah :)

:welldone:

haha.. look like avatar land.... I wish I am a fish swimming at avatar land...

nice!!!

love the effect...

so these LED will be left on the whole night?

light off when i sleep.

• SRC Member

finally done, my DIY LED moon light. CFOh, thank You for e idea :cheers:

luv the look at night :wub:

haha... no problem.

LED, 2 pin socket and power supply from Sim Lim Tower, casing from ikea.

Sigh... Can't capture the effect of the led on camera... I am stunned when i on it for the first time. beautiful effect....

Very nice! How much did you spent in all?

Will definitely get 2 if price is reasonable!

Please advice on your suppliers location also.... lol

TYVM for sharing!

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)