Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
how about doing a 5mins video on youtube.com...your tank so nice...i want to c it on video :eyebrow::eyebrow:

nice meh? so-so nia lah eh? :) video? sure. wait till i finish my "SPS" collection :o

• SRC Member
so much attention of the male, none for the female. so here she is.

LEMON!!!!!!!!I likey!!!! your wrasse is nice... :( My rhomboid kena bitten at the tail by the usual suspect.. my TOMATO CLOWN!!!! ARUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But still eating and swimming around... I'm praying he will one day stand his ground and FLASH like siow at those naughty fish.

:) Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

LEMON!!!!!!!!I likey!!!! your wrasse is nice... :( My rhomboid kena bitten at the tail by the usual suspect.. my TOMATO CLOWN!!!! ARUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But still eating and swimming around... I'm praying he will one day stand his ground and FLASH like siow at those naughty fish.

get the tomato out? over time, they will turn darker in colour and does not look as nice....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer
From J##.P??

nope. lol.

jiayou! hope one day yours will gow into a big alpha male and start his domineering. my male rhomboid was one of the first fairies, and was the biggest, about 3.5 inch. months later, he's 4 inch and good thing he was put in first, because he got the tank to himself and became more daring. which is unusual for a rhomboid because they are timid wrasses.

after months of dedication towards him, he finally rewarded me with 2 hours of non-stop flashing yesterday evening. truly amazing sight to witness. imagine. head turns brilliant gold, and so does his entire body. top and bottom, a deep luminous purple, with a lilac forehead. and of coure, the prominant purple bar on its body when flashing. the gold is gorgeous and hence the name i guess.

things i did to let my rhomboid grow to the beast he is today.

- no aggression. he HAS to be king.

- of course, must get him to an alpha size first. preferbaly 4 inch.

- i got mine a female, seems to be doing well for him

- after he becomes king, throw in more fairies to keep him busy. the constant "showing who is boss" will develop him towards an alpha male

- i feed mine tons of food a day, and each feeding, different food. henry's, mysis, dainichi pellets, 3 kinds of new life spectrum, Ocean nutrition 1,2 , cyclopeeze and fresh seafood. whichever happens to be in my fridge. prawns, squids work best. i often tie a piece of prawn to a string and hang it in my tank. all the fishes will go crazy and this will develop aggressive behaviour in the rhomboid, as he chiongs for food.

- at 1 point in time initially, i sold away all my wrasses and he was the only 1. no aggression and let him own the tank.

after months, i was rewarded with this. it happens every day now.

post-15755-1267511037_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267511047_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267511055_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267511060_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

lemon, really beautiful... my supreme kudos to your wonderous specimen!....

hhhmmm I think I have to put my tomato clown BACK to my sump again it seems if I see anymore aggression.. problem for me is no one at home during the day to monitor, I cheong back to be home before 6.30pm to feed as during the day there is only the auto pellet feeder.. WHY doesn't someone invent an AFFORDABLE cold liquid food auto feeder!

At night, I split the frozen food to 2 meal times, once before 7pm and another round about 2 hours later. The fishes all know where to go now when I stand there to slowly pour in the mixture of henry's gourmet, Leslie's ( ketchup) Gourmet, Cycolopleeze, arti pods and Garlic Guard!

your rhomboid has a chance to be king, but mine has to contend with the laboutie being about 1.5 times bigger than him... unless I get another rhomboid .... even BIGGer or same size as my laboutie.. hhmm.. oh dear.... no no... I must resist...

Should I stop adding in wrasses for a couple of months to let the rhomboid settle down as I know RB is bringing in the lineatus wrasse and that's my next aim.. guess you have poisoned me lemon with your wrasses.. I see the colors, to me, they are swimming flowers... :) What do you think?

BTw Jacky. the tomato clown has some emo attachment for me. It's the FIRST fish I ever got 2 years plus ago and it has been with me through UPs and downs, through all viral outbreaks of my pathetic 2 feet and survived it all... it's super hardy so.. I can't bear to get rid of him. :P Got heart liow...

:paiseh: Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
lemon, really beautiful... my supreme kudos to your wonderous specimen!....

hhhmmm I think I have to put my tomato clown BACK to my sump again it seems if I see anymore aggression.. problem for me is no one at home during the day to monitor, I cheong back to be home before 6.30pm to feed as during the day there is only the auto pellet feeder.. WHY doesn't someone invent an AFFORDABLE cold liquid food auto feeder!

At night, I split the frozen food to 2 meal times, once before 7pm and another round about 2 hours later. The fishes all know where to go now when I stand there to slowly pour in the mixture of henry's gourmet, Leslie's ( ketchup) Gourmet, Cycolopleeze, arti pods and Garlic Guard!

your rhomboid has a chance to be king, but mine has to contend with the laboutie being about 1.5 times bigger than him... unless I get another rhomboid .... even BIGGer or same size as my laboutie.. hhmm.. oh dear.... no no... I must resist...

Should I stop adding in wrasses for a couple of months to let the rhomboid settle down as I know RB is bringing in the lineatus wrasse and that's my next aim.. guess you have poisoned me lemon with your wrasses.. I see the colors, to me, they are swimming flowers... :) What do you think?

BTw Jacky. the tomato clown has some emo attachment for me. It's the FIRST fish I ever got 2 years plus ago and it has been with me through UPs and downs, through all viral outbreaks of my pathetic 2 feet and survived it all... it's super hardy so.. I can't bear to get rid of him. :P Got heart liow...

i too only feed my fishes in the evening/afternoon and night, when i get home from school. but i mix around with their diet to ensure that they get everything they need. especially for wrasses if you want them to show their nuptual colours.

but i don't go out of the way to feed them ridiculous things though. standard aquarium fare and what i find in the freezer is enough for me.

your rhomboid is small and will need time to grow to at least 3.5-4 inches before the beauty is truly appreciated. they take quite sometime to grow, maybe 1-2 years to reach that size, from your one's current size. growing to 4 inches also does not mean it will be alpha. the term "alpha" is to dictate strong chavenistic behaviour in the male, the growing to more or less maximum size with all terminal phased physical characterisitcs (for rhomboid is the deep diamond tail and a little scissors at the tip, and the gold/purple colours), and of course, the ability to flash. mine is not there yet because the tail is not fully developed, and so are its ventral fins.

with regards to your laboutei, as long as there is no obvious bullying, it should be fine. the main thing your rhomboid has to do now is grow up first. terminal phase can be cultivated later. however if i were you, i'll just wait for another shipment and get an already big male male (3-4 inch) one, and then your current small one will serve as a female to him in the future. that way it will be easier, but less challenging.

my rhomboid had no chance to be king initially. so i took the decision to sell off my wrasses that time. but that time most of my wrasses were cheap and easy to find, so selling them is not a problem at that time. now if u ask me to sell, i will say no. haha.

lineatus wrasses usually come in big, around 3-4 inches, and some females may be shipped along. they are quite peaceful by nature but may get a little rough as they age in your tank.

Ohhh.. so nice. in that case, easy.

In the middle of the night, just go to the tank, wave and say hello to the tomato clown.

2 outcome... either heart attack or he will follow your tang's footstep ... ....... jump

:upsidedown:

....... jialat .... stepping on too many people's lately.... :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Supporter

anything from this tank going over to the new1? :)

btw, my sunflowers have regain its form. massive growth over 3weeks.

at a speed u can never imagine! i think the way to boost the growth is quite obvious liao!

meet up then discuss more! 1 more day to freedom?? :P

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

at a speed u can never imagine! i think the way to boost the growth is quite obvious liao!

I'm interested in coral growth lessons too! When is the class starting? :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

wow bro you're back haha.

come come teach us! :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

yah bro. tomorrow exam finish. so how! when u wan to meet and throw party until all pengz? u going away soon liao must remember me ah! and dun forget to meet up before u go.

this tank to the nano? haven decided yet haha. my rhomboid i decided liao! i wan keep in a glass vase like fighting fish. lol.

see when you free i go over your place can? see your sunflower seeds.

Pls share your tips on growing zoas.....pls pls pls

• SRC Supporter

hey guys! im no expert and its all by my own experience. i maybe wrong! anyway there is no secret to them,i have told many and almost all reefers i met before!

i will let lemon judge them first! if its workable he will give u guys a lesson!

lemon charge them tuition fees ah! 1polyp of brown paly each lesson :P

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Supporter
wow bro you're back haha.

come come teach us! :eyebrow:

heh, bro.. im always here. not back but leaving! haha

anyway will still be wondering in src like a ghost! :D

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Supporter
yah bro. tomorrow exam finish. so how! when u wan to meet and throw party until all pengz? u going away soon liao must remember me ah! and dun forget to meet up before u go.

this tank to the nano? haven decided yet haha. my rhomboid i decided liao! i wan keep in a glass vase like fighting fish. lol.

see when you free i go over your place can? see your sunflower seeds.

meet u when im back tis round. tis wk no time liao too close unless u going with me to get ur aussie scotts!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer
:wub: Show them all! If you r considering off-loading them, let me know ... :eyebrow:

i will post a picture tomorrow of my collection :) its small but growing. don't think i will let them off, but if i am fragging or intend to sell, will let you know :)

keeping softies and peaceful LPS, so my collection of favias, etc will increase. none or less of the aggressive ones like torch, hammer etc.