Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
peekaboo! new friend from coral farm.

Wah you lucky little boy! It's really nice, has that perpetually surprised look :o . I must be patient and wait for the marine gods to smile on me, maybe one day I will finally be at the right place at the right time hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Wah you lucky little boy! It's really nice, has that perpetually surprised look :o . I must be patient and wait for the marine gods to smile on me, maybe one day I will finally be at the right place at the right time hahaha.

i think no more already ): will have one la. mine hates the rocks though as u can see...prefers the sand

• Senior Reefer

huh? where am i?

markietan and binosage, will keep my eye out for u guys the next time i see it. they do make their special appearance during hawaii shipments. not all thoguh, some only.

post-15755-1241393986.jpg

• SRC Member

haha and not be as ###### eye as me. i was at the right place at the right time but didn't take my time to inspect every tank... boohoo... lemon next time see must text me k? thx thx! love this fish.. has an interesting attitude.

• Senior Reefer
haha and not be as ###### eye as me. i was at the right place at the right time but didn't take my time to inspect every tank... boohoo... lemon next time see must text me k? thx thx! love this fish.. has an interesting attitude.

ya sure. wa now u make me feel bad for buying it haha! ok will sms u nxt time i see

• Senior Reefer
:shock: bro is time to change to bigger tank ready :lol:

haha. no la. tank giving me problems recently. JUST only this morning -_- the chiller hose ending part where water come out from, too short to reach the sump, so it swing and hosed water out of my sump AND ONTO MY LIVING ROOM FLOOR! at 5am in the morning lolz... whole living room flooded. water flow all the way to my room... my carpet send for dry cleaning and my wooden floor....haiz dunno man. hope wun spoil. my mom was soooo furious she had to wake up at 5am help me clean. anyway problem has been fixed. back to my tank.

have been removing alot of fishes lately to reduce bioload. mainly my cardinals and damsels. rushed to GO after sch ytd night to see their new shipment, but nothing much there interested me, so i just got some left over blastos in their "show tank" and a new pom pom xenia from their shipment. the colour very unique. its brownish-gold, or blondish under blue lights and some other colour under white light. and best is, ITS FINALLY PULSING AGGRESSIVELY. probably coz of the new location. super minimal flow.

ok la less talk more foto.

these are the new ones.

red + green, and purple + green. and the xenia

post-15755-1241608242.jpg

post-15755-1241608280.jpg

post-15755-1241608297.jpg

post-15755-1241608320.jpg

• Senior Reefer

the purple and green combo blasto din look too good under foto. somehow i cant capture purple stuff properly. my purple and green favia oso like this. but the purple is really a nice lavenderish purple.

ok and some of my old favourites/

post-15755-1241608495.jpg

post-15755-1241608530.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Not a good week for me -_-

had bad cough in the middle of the night, so needed to see the doctor. but all the doctors were close at 1am, so have to go A&E at changi hospital. The quarantine measures there are soo strict! intensive temperature checks, masks to be worn at all times, wa...its like as if i REALLY had H1N1. wait so long to see the doctor and then was told i had severe inflammation in my throat and bronchus. zzz sian.

As if that's not bad enough, i lost my wallet at the hospital. went there today to see if it was there, but it wasn't. guess someone stole it -.- no integrity. i hope he/she does report the missing wallet coz it will be dam troublesome to remake my IC, EZ link card and POSB card.

on a brighter note... im almost recovered and i got this lovely zoas from iwarna.

lovely :paiseh:

post-15755-1242043777.jpg

• Senior Reefer
bro where is your moorish idol?

sold it to bro reddevilz because it was toos mall for my tank and he really liked it (: refer to his thread in member's tank and specs. beautiful specimen. its a combined effort for that beautiful fish! haha

• Senior Reefer

so busy with school. leave home early come home late, no time to actually admire and take a good look at my tank. finally this saturday so free at home, got a chance to enjoy the tank :) not much difference. NO3 finally dropping after reduced bioload, feeding and also i treid the AZ-NO3 product which i must say, works very well. 5 stars.

just some photos and a FTS to sum everything up, then its back to homework :lol:

post-15755-1242451287.jpg

post-15755-1242451302.jpg

post-15755-1242451315.jpg

post-15755-1242451327.jpg

post-15755-1242451342.jpg

post-15755-1242451358.jpg

post-15755-1242451371.jpg

• Senior Reefer

dropped by LCK and CF.

din buy anything from LCK but got some stuff from CF. bought a grape caulerpa, which my female mandarin and dottyback seem to adore. probably coz of the numerous amount of pods that came with it. some new feather worms and a really cute 1.5" mystery fish which is now hiding in the sand haha (clue ;))

post-15755-1242465640.jpg

post-15755-1242465656.jpg

post-15755-1242465672.jpg

post-15755-1242465689.jpg

bro... your tank & your pic look great.....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer

super busy with school. lots of tests and the supplemental japanese classes are no joke either.

bought myself an exquisite and a filamented flasher wrasse from CF over the weekend. both very healthy specimens and feeding on pellets. very beautiful too. but the filamented wrasses seem to be reacting badly to aggression from my mating clowns, and have now decided to stay in a corner. we'll see how it goes....hopefully it doesnt get too stressed and die on me ):

will try to get photos this weekend.

Hi

Would advise u to get rid of the grape caulerpa soon...

Tendency to go asexual is very high for this species..

I've tried keeping this many times over the last few years.. fast grower..but in the end still disintegrate.

dropped by LCK and CF.

din buy anything from LCK but got some stuff from CF. bought a grape caulerpa, which my female mandarin and dottyback seem to adore. probably coz of the numerous amount of pods that came with it. some new feather worms and a really cute 1.5" mystery fish which is now hiding in the sand haha (clue ;))

Looks like a splendid dottyback

• Senior Reefer

grape caulerpa got eaten 3/4 by my snail and coral beauty. remaining 1/4 went asexual. threw it away before anything bad happened. asexual algae and i are like friends now. so far all algae i get goes asexual. even ulva -_- no luck.

got a true octo from GO amongst other things. one of my clown has a small white thing on its lower fin. maybe lympho? i dunno. on a happier note, both my clowns have started hosting my torch coral, finally after so long. They seem to be courting. both will shimmy shimmy next to the other very often and will swim side by side. looks like they are going to mate soon. they seem to be healthy so i probably won't look so much into that white thing....hopefully its lympho and will go away in due time.

they seem to favour the torch best, but occasionally visit my elegance and frogspawn. is this normal? its like they cannot decide where to host...

i shouldnt be complaining. ever since i started the tank i wished my clowns hosted something, anything. now that they finally have, im so happy :)

• Senior Reefer

haven updated photos in awhile. busy lately.

first up, exquisite wrasse from coral farm. on the first day of purchase, this fella jumped out into my overflow without my knowledge. and was there for 6 hours! goodness.... i thought he was going to die. but lucky he recovered and is now eating like a swine. 1 or 2 missing scales from his body, which i hope will recover. anyone knows if fishes can regenerate scales?

post-15755-1243649658.jpg

post-15755-1243649679.jpg