Lemon's tank!

yikai

haha interesting conversation. :paiseh: :paiseh:

anyway, here's my current love. an extremely rare photo of my rhomboid flashing!! this is the only time i ever saw it flashing, and was lucky enough to capture it! albeit very blur and unfocused. and i'm darn excited. flashing at his best friend the flame hawk (not in the photo). a pity this was towards the end of his display, the climax was not taken as it was quite unexpected.

not a very nice display as compared to other wrasses of the family, but one thing i like is how the entire colourless tail flushes to bright purple. the entire body turns a brilliant gold colour and a purple saddle is displayed on the body. i still think a flashing exquisite/flame wrasse looks better though.

its time like this i wish i had a decent camera....

Wao i've never seen a rhomboid flash cos normally they're the more docile fairy in a fairy community tank. U reli take good care of the fish, it's right that he's in your hand u take better care den me. The rarity of the fish when it flashes is something other wrasses cant compare!

a pity its so rare :(

Rhomboid is not overly rare, there is constantly 3 to 4 shipments every year from Hawaii normally only thru Iwarna as their hawaii supplier tend to have better access to marshall island stocks. However getting a nice alpha standard male rhomboid is extremely rare. Another marshall island wrasse (and cheaper) u can look out for is girldled fairy, i personally find it not v appealing though.

The two really rare wrasses from Marshall Island are Paracheilinus bellae and Cirrhilabrus Johnsoni. As a wrasse lover myself, i always dream of these two fishes pop up in Iwarna's shipment list, but well it's jux a dream afterall.

• Senior Reefer
Wao i've never seen a rhomboid flash cos normally they're the more docile fairy in a fairy community tank. U reli take good care of the fish, it's right that he's in your hand u take better care den me. The rarity of the fish when it flashes is something other wrasses cant compare!

Rhomboid is not overly rare, there is constantly 3 to 4 shipments every year from Hawaii normally only thru Iwarna as their hawaii supplier tend to have better access to marshall island stocks. However getting a nice alpha standard male rhomboid is extremely rare. Another marshall island wrasse (and cheaper) u can look out for is girldled fairy, i personally find it not v appealing though.

The two really rare wrasses from Marshall Island are Paracheilinus bellae and Cirrhilabrus Johnsoni. As a wrasse lover myself, i always dream of these two fishes pop up in Iwarna's shipment list, but well it's jux a dream afterall.

thanks for the compliment. currently its the only fairy in my tank with the exception of a solar wrasse.. so i find it quite weird it actually flashes... since there's not much competition lol. will slowly build my empire from scratch again.

as for C. balteatus, have seen it a few times in hawaii shipment, and a friend of mine is currently keeping one. but i don't find them appealing... although they are unique. and i dream of C.johnsoni too.. bellae has a very exaggerated swallow tail and its really beautiful.

for me, i'll just be contented with a C. sanguineus :P :P

thanks for the compliment. currently its the only fairy in my tank with the exception of a solar wrasse.. so i find it quite weird it actually flashes... since there's not much competition lol. will slowly build my empire from scratch again.

as for C. balteatus, have seen it a few times in hawaii shipment, and a friend of mine is currently keeping one. but i don't find them appealing... although they are unique. and i dream of C.johnsoni too.. bellae has a very exaggerated swallow tail and its really beautiful.

for me, i'll just be contented with a C. sanguineus :P :P

C.Sanguineus, a fairy wrasse i dun even dare to dream.

this is a very rare fish....waited many months for it. and very expensive too.. at least 4 blue notes and above. this fish is found only in the marshall islands but is available in hawaii shipments. i got it from iwarna but it died few days after. they are quite delicate during shipping, but after they stabalise, they are very easy. this is my 2nd one after my first one died, and its from bro digiman.

if u want this fish be prepared to wait very long...and must chiong very fast because get snapped up extremely quickly.

nah! poison poison lol. the diamond tail very pretty haha

nice fish.. grats for getting it to flash! =D pro.. btw, dont 4get to do maths tutorial.

• Senior Reefer
nice fish.. grats for getting it to flash! =D pro.. btw, dont 4get to do maths tutorial.

thanks lol.

btw tutorial 8-11? all the integration....? and why u copy my avatar!!

• Senior Reefer
:bow: very very nice flamey.. good catch..

thank you! :) must slowly rebuild my empire haha. slowly of course... must give time for my wallet to recover...recently have been scrimping on outings, outside food and the like. :P

• SRC Member
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it looks great when it's flashing... at the solar wrasse outside. :eyebrow:

feeding even inside the plastic bag!

Super alpha male!!! gratz on your purchase!

so jealous already.... my small fw still learning how to flash... :(

not a fan of wrasse but that fish colouration looks nicer than those I see normally.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
you really know how to grab good stuffs...u din use marker to colour yr wrasse rite?....does yr skill applies to dating gals also?...i'm sure u do rite?!...haha...

hahaaa my mother always said: First to the market gets the best and freshest fish.

• Senior Reefer

haha thanks for the comments jacky, ahsiang and zhimin. in 2 hours i gone to do maths so many comments :D

jacky : for flame wrasses, the smaller the fish, the duller the colour. as it matures, the distinctive yellow and red will start differentiating, and the red eye markings will become prominant. however, older and bigger specimens tend to lose the yellow in captivity (heard from other bros, never experience myself yet).

comy and siang, really lol haha. freshest fish? i went at like....almost 1pm...shipment was 8.30. guess the better ones were gone by then, but heard from aunty that all were the same size and colour. so no need to choose :) and for girls? that one i use marker and colour. then i grab! lol.

• SRC Member
hahaha...i c...have to get them before they leave school ya...

man...i'm looking forward to GO's shipment

tomorrow u can go and cheong the shipment... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer
Flame wrasse looks very nice ....

thinking of getting one.

they are pretty huh! expensive and timid, they prefer a stable tank. go slow with these guys. 0ne of the more "sensitive" wrasses to acclimate, but very hardy once settled down.

they are pretty huh! expensive and timid, they prefer a stable tank. go slow with these guys. 0ne of the more "sensitive" wrasses to acclimate, but very hardy once settled down.

I think you mean very hardy once they stop jumping. :heh:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/