Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
maybe you can try different types of fruits and vegetables and let us know which fish prefers which fruit and vege... :eyebrow::whistle

haha. my experience with them is they like sweeter stuff for some reason... grapes are quite well accepted by some of my wrasses, and so does the sweet pea. bananas are ok-ok...mayb coz its soft and sweet. apples only 1 fish eat. too hard? i don't know what ill effects this might cause to the fishes though..

wah, anyhow throw also so nice, hehezzz... :lol:

its nice because they open up nicely haha. if not it looks kinda weird.

• SRC Member
haha. my experience with them is they like sweeter stuff for some reason... grapes are quite well accepted by some of my wrasses, and so does the sweet pea. bananas are ok-ok...mayb coz its soft and sweet. apples only 1 fish eat. too hard? i don't know what ill effects this might cause to the fishes though..

its nice because they open up nicely haha. if not it looks kinda weird.

i feed bananas to my fishes too.. they're actually quite good for them, as advised from one of the older wrasse guru.. i've heard quite a few overseas reefers feed bananas too.. ;)

• Senior Reefer
i feed bananas to my fishes too.. they're actually quite good for them, as advised from one of the older wrasse guru.. i've heard quite a few overseas reefers feed bananas too.. ;)

bananas are good in potassium. they actually feed these to fishes while snorkeling i think....

i used to feed a good deal of bananas to my fishes but stopped. bananas seem to be well accepted by most fishes. but stopped because i like the banana more than the fish loves them! haha. and also i tend to refrain from feeding terrestrial food to my fishes. however once in awhile when im eating fresh produce, i throw some in the tank to see if anything will eat....that's how i found out my fish likes grapes..apples...peas.. even fed them steamed rice and they ate it. lol..

• SRC Member
bananas are good in potassium. they actually feed these to fishes while snorkeling i think....

i used to feed a good deal of bananas to my fishes but stopped. bananas seem to be well accepted by most fishes. but stopped because i like the banana more than the fish loves them! haha. and also i tend to refrain from feeding terrestrial food to my fishes. however once in awhile when im eating fresh produce, i throw some in the tank to see if anything will eat....that's how i found out my fish likes grapes..apples...peas.. even fed them steamed rice and they ate it. lol..

STEAMED RICE!?!?!?! :lol::lol: hahaha pengz.. damn power la..

• Senior Reefer

"green goblin" favia :P super insane colours and the black stripes give an optical illusion effect. this piece was from CF's australia debut shipment if i'm not wrong. saw it there for weeks but unsure if i should get it. well, waited weeks and after much consideration, added it to my spiderman, venom collection hehe. evil villians of the faviid world unite! so corny i know.

post-15755-1265518947_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265518956_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

a picture of my almost complete valley. sorry for the messy mushroom frags on the sandbed. floating all around so i just threw them there. looks so spacious. less space for corals, but well... an even trade off i guess. sorry for the saturated colours...its not so bright an unrealistic

post-15755-1265519032_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
So eye catching until I need to go and catch! When can I drop by to fish out your goodies? :eyebrow:

come CNY! alot of GOODIES for you! if you like pineapple tarts and bak kua :P

• SRC Member
a picture of my almost complete valley. sorry for the messy mushroom frags on the sandbed. floating all around so i just threw them there. looks so spacious. less space for corals, but well... an even trade off i guess. sorry for the saturated colours...its not so bright an unrealistic

Very very very nice.. btw what is the purple coral

post-15755-1265519032_thumb.jpg

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
"green goblin" favia :P super insane colours and the black stripes give an optical illusion effect. this piece was from CF's australia debut shipment if i'm not wrong. saw it there for weeks but unsure if i should get it. well, waited weeks and after much consideration, added it to my spiderman, venom collection hehe. evil villians of the faviid world unite! so corny i know.

wow the favia is really eye popping insanely colourful! :)

• Senior Reefer

so nice to see my harem of flashers swimming around the "reef". small fishes are cute. just some updates on the harem, 1 female went MIA so now left 4. they're growing well and can see colours on the fin already ^_^

and here's a bloody blur pic of my flashing male flavianalis.

post-15755-1265525685_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1265525713_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

birdnest from cedricang. the only SPS in my tank alive and GROWING. fragged 2 tiny branches for a friend and now, lots of tiny branches starting to pop up. nice polyp extension too, but not alot. guess flow is not strong enough. BUT ITS GROWING!

post-15755-1265525790_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

my rhomboid... gave me a very big scare when he refused to eat and stopped for 2 days. had a little "bloated" tummy...... was so scared it was the inevitable disease most wrasses die from. but has been with me for 5 months now and its super healthy and stable. so though nothing much about that.

thought it was constipation so fed him some peas. after 2 days he's back to his old self, feeding and swimming around actively. however can't shake off the fact that this isnt over.... yet. must keep 2,3 4 FIVE eyes on him.. sometimes he swims with his tilted downwards a little...... very worried it might be something dire, or it could be i feed him too much and he's just too fat...

either way, nothing i can do now except observe. one thing i do know is he's getting better in terms of colouration. both pectoral fins are developing a tinge of red, and his tail is starting to develop the infamous maze like markings that all rhomboids posess. the lower half of his body is purple most of the time now, compared to last time where it remained yellow. hope nothing's wrong with it :(

post-15755-1265526057_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
my rhomboid... gave me a very big scare when he refused to eat and stopped for 2 days. had a little "bloated" tummy...... was so scared it was the inevitable disease most wrasses die from. but has been with me for 5 months now and its super healthy and stable. so though nothing much about that.

thought it was constipation so fed him some peas. after 2 days he's back to his old self, feeding and swimming around actively. however can't shake off the fact that this isnt over.... yet. must keep 2,3 4 FIVE eyes on him.. sometimes he swims with his tilted downwards a little...... very worried it might be something dire, or it could be i feed him too much and he's just too fat...

either way, nothing i can do now except observe. one thing i do know is he's getting better in terms of colouration. both pectoral fins are developing a tinge of red, and his tail is starting to develop the infamous maze like markings that all rhomboids posess. the lower half of his body is purple most of the time now, compared to last time where it remained yellow. hope nothing's wrong with it :(

head tilted downwards is not the symptom for my cases. upward and larthegic then is. for the last few weeks, did your cleaner chase him or cling onto him alot? if yes and more then might be. watch for scales lost and scales standing aka dropsy though very hard to see. feed less these days and watch him. and see if its poo got eaten by others. this means that whatever he ate cannot be digested. watch its poo quality state as well.

lets hope yours is merely constipation. if so, dun feed for about 3 days. then feed skinned garden peas for the next 3 days. but normally i skipped the dun feed part or just dun feed for a day. if its works, u should see the stomach less bloated and back to normal.

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer
head tilted downwards is not the symptom for my cases. upward and larthegic then is. for the last few weeks, did your cleaner chase him or cling onto him alot? if yes and more then might be. watch for scales lost and scales standing aka dropsy though very hard to see. feed less these days and watch him. and see if its poo got eaten by others. this means that whatever he ate cannot be digested. watch its poo quality state as well.

lets hope yours is merely constipation. if so, dun feed for about 3 days. then feed skinned garden peas for the next 3 days. but normally i skipped the dun feed part or just dun feed for a day. if its works, u should see the stomach less bloated and back to normal.

all the best.

my blue neon goby likes to clean the rhomboid and other fishes wether they ask for it or not. sometimes the rhomboid gets dam irritated and swim quickly to shake it off. but its like this since day 1. so there's no change in the situation so can rule this out. the neon goby doesnt rest on rocks anyway, free swimming fish much like a cleaner wrasse. i dunno why this is so, but you should have seen it the last time u came. it never rests.. so he offers cleaning services like a cleaner wrasse. my fishes don't like

no dropsy. its quite obvious if seen against the light and from the side. frayed scales puffing out. rhomboid's body is fine, no missing scales, no puffing scales.

never see him poo recently. never pay attention. but his stomach quite fat from the picture. he should be a naturally fat fish since i feed them alot.

the only thing worrying me was the 2 whole days of food abstainence... a healthy and stable fish refusing food for 2 days suddenly out of nowhere doesn't sound right to me. the occasional swimming with head tilting downwards also worries me. tilts for about 1-2 seconds. realised most wrasses especially fairies, do swim at a 45 degree angle at times, though not all the time. so dunno wether there's any cause for concern or not.

he's feeding again and active once more... colouration is dramatically improving too, though hard to capture with a phone camera. not sure if there's anything wrong in the first place...but being an expensive fish, can't close one eye on this kinda things.

• Senior Reefer

on to happier notes... my last picture of today. my first FTS since the rescape... appreciate comments on the new scape...think there's still something missing and can be improved furthur. definately less colourful than before, and lesser corals too.

post-15755-1265535677_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
my blue neon goby likes to clean the rhomboid and other fishes wether they ask for it or not. sometimes the rhomboid gets dam irritated and swim quickly to shake it off. but its like this since day 1. so there's no change in the situation so can rule this out. the neon goby doesnt rest on rocks anyway, free swimming fish much like a cleaner wrasse. i dunno why this is so, but you should have seen it the last time u came. it never rests.. so he offers cleaning services like a cleaner wrasse. my fishes don't like

no dropsy. its quite obvious if seen against the light and from the side. frayed scales puffing out. rhomboid's body is fine, no missing scales, no puffing scales.

never see him poo recently. never pay attention. but his stomach quite fat from the picture. he should be a naturally fat fish since i feed them alot.

the only thing worrying me was the 2 whole days of food abstainence... a healthy and stable fish refusing food for 2 days suddenly out of nowhere doesn't sound right to me. the occasional swimming with head tilting downwards also worries me. tilts for about 1-2 seconds. realised most wrasses especially fairies, do swim at a 45 degree angle at times, though not all the time. so dunno wether there's any cause for concern or not.

he's feeding again and active once more... colouration is dramatically improving too, though hard to capture with a phone camera. not sure if there's anything wrong in the first place...but being an expensive fish, can't close one eye on this kinda things.

once my mystery wrasse refuse to eat for 4 days....tot going to lose him....but end up 5th day came out to eat as usual. till now doing well except for a fat stomach. will pray hard for ur beautiful fish

• Senior Reefer

once my mystery wrasse refuse to eat for 4 days....tot going to lose him....but end up 5th day came out to eat as usual. till now doing well except for a fat stomach. will pray hard for ur beautiful fish

thank you Vtec. no idea why your mystery has a fat stomach, but happy its well now :)

u saw the FTS. no coral how to give!! lol.

Rub eyes....no corals......sorry must have seen the wrong post....kidding la nice FTS!!!

Just did a rescape of my tank! no choice had to catch a fish that is a terror wrist! Now my tank looks funny am thinking how the hell am i gonna add more corals!