Lemon's tank!

yikai

i can't go 3ft height because it can't fit into my lift and stairs lol.

Just for info lemon you're staying on the 2nd floor and there is always the option of using a crane to bring your 3ft ht tank via the balcony!

• SRC Member

A 3x3x2 will be lots of fun... scaping possibilities will be endless. Build those valleys! :eyebrow:

that for sure is mmore than 3 ft.

me too. i swear my next tank going to be atleast 3ft. if not 4 i will go.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

Just for info lemon you're staying on the 2nd floor and there is always the option of using a crane to bring your 3ft ht tank via the balcony!

and where am i going to get this crane? lol

A 3x3x2 will be lots of fun... scaping possibilities will be endless. Build those valleys! :eyebrow:

I believe these are bigger right? Doesnt seems like a 332...

These are the scaping i am going for too...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

actually, im thinking of 333, 3 side crystal glass. but the problem is, because i'm doing 3ft height, tank maker insist on 15mm. from 12mm to 15mm, crysatl glass is almost double the price. from what i hear lah. the crystal glass and normal glass doesn't cost much difference. the crazy thing is the increment of mm, not number of panels.

my lift and stairs won't be able to fit the 333 tank, so the tank has to be built in my house which will take roughly a week.

alternatively, a friend suggest doing 4x3x2.5, then the thickness maybe can 12mm and won't cost so much. anyway see howl ah still planning.

hmm, it is true that the price from 12mm to 15mm is almost double. However, i think 333, no need 15mm glass.. i may be wrong

• Senior Reefer

hmm, it is true that the price from 12mm to 15mm is almost double. However, i think 333, no need 15mm glass.. i may be wrong

tank maker very hesitant to do it.. it's safer to do 15mm for 3ft height. anyway im upgrading for peace of mind. i dont want another case of me worrying endlessly over safety like i am now. 8mm -.-

• SRC Member

for a 3 x 3 x 3. water volume pressure is high.

definetly need a 15mm for ease of mind.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

my previous tank is above 3ft height. its LOOK very nice.. but its a reefer nightmare when it come to coral placement and aquascaping. i have to wear googles to "dive" into my tank to pick up my yuma. not to mention getting my hair wet.

My current tank is 1.5ft.and .... i-m-loving-it-lrg.png

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Senior Reefer

Will definitely make these three a part of my future stock list. My goal will be a non-reef safe reef tank :) something that not many reefers dare to try.

red sea raccoon butterfly, red sea threadfin butterfly, and red sea pearlscale butterfly

post-15755-1272552040955_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12725520472303_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12725520522579_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

all of which, are SO MUCH better looking than their indonesian counterparts -__- not to mention hardier too. their red sea cousins definitely have much better colouration and "designs" lol

post-15755-1272552095309_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12725520996667_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12725521054292_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah lemon, you are lucky your parents indulge in your love of fishes... :) but then I guess i'd rather my own kids like this then go outside and throw money at other stuff! :P WE'd arrange with you to pick up the corals this weekend. Will be calling you this sat or something. :) Thanks

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

Wah lemon, you are lucky your parents indulge in your love of fishes... :) but then I guess i'd rather my own kids like this then go outside and throw money at other stuff! :P WE'd arrange with you to pick up the corals this weekend. Will be calling you this sat or something. :) Thanks

yes! you know i was shocked when i proposed to my mum about a new tank. can see that she's very happy with the idea. like wow? lol. she's abit excited about the upgrade but pretend not to be. think she doesn't want to lead me into thinking that it's a good chance to suck money from her. but i think the passion is slowly encroaching into her. my dad used to have 6 marine tanks at home and in his office and my mum used to tell me about it. she always say how much she hated helping him change water, going LFS etc, but i think she's more supportive now that i like it.

yeah she's always telling me how happy she is that i'm learning about fish and corals and not spending money on games, gadgets and worst, picking up bad habits and smoking. thus, the technology retardedness i am facing now.

thanks, your corals will be available for pickup this weekend. sat evening or early morning, or sunday.

• Senior Reefer

Rocks will be collected tomorrow morning.

laboutei collected,

rhomboids being collected tonight.

rest of the fish and corals will be sold by sat and sunday.

it was fun while it lasted! stay tuned for the next thread :)

time to close this thread. goodbye my old tank! :D

This thread holds alot of memories from my very first days in SRC till my first decomm. will leave this thread in the archives and just leave the thread closed.