Solo77' 4X2X2 Setup

Solo77

currently, all house in 3 tanks....will be going for a 422.......oh ya....i finally saw my full moon goby today.....after i bought it for months.............lol...going to shift my tank this friday....progressing update will be up soon.....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

thanks everyone's attention on my thread.

Bro Orsony, AT....see how....lol

Bro Thomas, adoption is welcome....haha ...if no traffic congestion in my tank....

To all, will get a FTS when up.....will slowly feed in photo.....

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

• Moderators
thanks everyone's attention on my thread.

Bro Orsony, AT....see how....lol

Bro Thomas, adoption is welcome....haha ...if no traffic congestion in my tank....

To all, will get a FTS when up.....will slowly feed in photo.....

Onzzz... let me deliver to u this weekend! :)

Tom

• SRC Member
engine blowing.....hehe....fish list that i have now........

1 Sohal tang

3 yellow tang

2 purple tang

2 clown tang

2 kole tang

1 blue tang(maybe another blue tang)

1 blown tang

1 Alantic Blue tang

1 Alantic Achillies Tang

1 normal safin tang

1 redsea safin tang

1 convict tang

3 black ocellaris

2 true pers

2 maroon

1 mandarin

1 blue neon

1 flame hawk

1 pepermint hawk

1 coral beauty

1 flame angel

1 green goby

1 yellow clown goby

1 maroon goby

1 randall goby

1 yellow wrasse

1 green wrasse(?)

1 radiant wrasse

1 solar wrasse

2 starki damsel

1 midas

1 algae blenny

Pending collection will be powder blue .....

Bro, i think one of your clown tangs should be in my tank

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

friday le, any update? =p

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

tank shifted to my new place. tested with water and added salt. placed a 6025 and air stone to dissolve the salt. Will used salt mix and slowly turn to nsw. shifted my rocks over also. Gotten a rubber mat to go underneath the tank to ensure water will seep underneath the cabinet. Will need to get the pipings up and get contractor to do the sump tank. Will be planning how to do the piping and select which contractor to do up the sump......hehe. took some photo and will upload. will start shifting my equipment over to my new place...... thanks for the attention. : )

Algae Scrubbler

lol. in my phone... hehehe. doing research on how to do durso pipe for my tank......

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
lol. in my phone... hehehe. doing research on how to do durso pipe for my tank......

need help or not.....

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

need....lol...on piping.....haha....sump tank came out the design....4ft...was quoted ard $150....3 days to complete.....lol. Advance tanks to all. May need to go source for one live rock with coraline algae ....got the bacteria dose ......need to make sure tank is safe for my existing fishes...trying hard to minimise losses. hehe.

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
need....lol...on piping.....haha....sump tank came out the design....4ft...was quoted ard $150....3 days to complete.....lol. Advance tanks to all. May need to go source for one live rock with coraline algae ....got the bacteria dose ......need to make sure tank is safe for my existing fishes...trying hard to minimise losses. hehe.

dont need to get live rock with coraline algae... ask those who have many coraline algae on their tank walls scrap a handfull for u throw them into ur tank with med flow around... on 16 hrs of blue lights (remember only blue) dose lots of Ca and Mg.. within weeks surely grow a lot

after that water change half tank of water one wk befoer u transfer fishes.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

post-14019-1253459798_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1253459817_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1253459859_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1253459904_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1253459928_thumb.jpgpost-14019-1253459949_thumb.jpg

post-14019-1253459840_thumb.jpg

post-14019-1253459885_thumb.jpg

Algae Scrubbler

photos are up. A bit messy, sorry for that. tank and main frame support will remain while the rest will redo. dead rocks. Hopefully tomorrow got time to go up and adjust the SG level and treat all the dead rock. Managed to get a rock with coraline algae. Will bring some live rock to seed the tank also. Will throw in dead brine shrimp and dose bacteria. Thanks for bro reefzzz for lending me his equipment to assist the cycling. Sigh, today after home, realised my chiller socket was loose and got 4 casualties.....coral beauty, flame angel, midas blenny...and cleaner shrimp. RIP my beloved fishes and invert. Will get contractor to do up the sump on tuesday and deliver by friday. For the cabinet, need to expedite so that sump can placed. will send pumps for valve modification. Thanks for those that helped me. Bro Nuclear, abt time for me to buy the long overdue stuff from you. Thanks for reading my updates.

Algae Scrubbler

photos are up. A bit messy, sorry for that. tank and main frame support will remain while the rest will redo. dead rocks. Hopefully tomorrow got time to go up and adjust the SG level and treat all the dead rock. Managed to get a rock with coraline algae. Will bring some live rock to seed the tank also. Will throw in dead brine shrimp and dose bacteria. Thanks for bro reefzzz for lending me his equipment to assist the cycling. Sigh, today after home, realised my chiller socket was loose and got 4 casualties.....coral beauty, flame angel, midas blenny...and cleaner shrimp. RIP my beloved fishes and invert. Will get contractor to do up the sump on tuesday and deliver by friday. For the cabinet, need to expedite so that sump can placed. will send pumps for valve modification. Thanks for those that helped me. Bro Nuclear, abt time for me to buy the long overdue stuff from you. Thanks for reading my updates.

Hey bro,

Just an advice on the usage of dead rocks.

Personally it's my experience and still experiencing right now. I think given for a tank like yours, being brand new and sort, better use MORE liverocks than dead rocks. This is because I believe dead rocks upon re-entry into any biological system will start leeching phosphates/nitrates or previous nutrients that were being kept dormant or was increased due to the massive load of bacteria being killed during the killing-off process. As a result, you will likely to face a huge hair algae bloom after your tank has more or less gone into her 4th month and on. I do not know about what bacteria you will be using but for me I am using MB7 and BioDigest with vodka and sugar. Trust me, using dead rocks will only make the curing process longer and more time consuming not mentioning wasting precious money on bacteria food and bacteria. I have already gone into my 6th month for my 3footer and the hair algae are not looking any sort of going down. So most probably for myself, I am gonna rescape the more affected aquascapes with LRs.

So since you have not really started on your new tank, better is to buy fresh LRs than using dead rocks. REALLY REALLY not worth your time and effort. LRs you can look to Reborn ($5/kg) or to T95 ($6/kg) for them. If got more moolahs, then go for CF's luh. Hope I manage to get my point across (English no good ah! :X)

Should you need an extra pair of hands for getting LRs, let me know also. I always zoom around YCK area. So haha can swing by to help you with aid of my truck (:

Cheers bro,

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

haha, good for you then (: :peace:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Also, guess I am the suay one luh haha :S :peace:

But to counter this problem is easy: You can either put alot of carbon and alot of phosphate remover or GFO to contain the nutrient level during the intial stages and you should be fine there on (: Sadly I didn't do either of the methods so haha my tank got BOMBED! :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
Also, guess I am the suay one luh haha :S :peace:

But to counter this problem is easy: You can either put alot of carbon and alot of phosphate remover or GFO to contain the nutrient level during the intial stages and you should be fine there on (: Sadly I didn't do either of the methods so haha my tank got BOMBED! :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

anyway not only me, my fren also restarted his tank with all dead except for 1 live rock...he also did not face any hair algea prob....somemore he use tap water salt mix.....lol

did u run PO4 remover when cycling the tank? for me, the only prob i had was rocks from my other fren who decom....live rocks, but full of hair algea...but my brown tang finish all in 1 wk.....

anyway not only me, my fren also restarted his tank with all dead except for 1 live rock...he also did not face any hair algea prob....somemore he use tap water salt mix.....lol

did u run PO4 remover when cycling the tank? for me, the only prob i had was rocks from my other fren who decom....live rocks, but full of hair algea...but my brown tang finish all in 1 wk.....

LOL!

I also use tapwater salt mix and the remainder top up with irwana + ah beng + coralfarm NSW. lol :X

EH,

no leh. I didn't run any PO4 remover so I guess my tank got bombed! :X and no tangs in my tank now also. haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.