NEW BIRD

• SRC Member

This hobby is like mahjong! If you do homework and quick learner, pay a bit of school fees. If not then bo pian. pay more lor! :):)

never. EVER. ask LFS for advice. NEVER!

This is like the first of the Marine Ten comandments. Never trust a LFS guy or min make a 50-90% discount on what they say. Especially when what they tell you require you to buy something (which is most of the time).

Read up first before to start asking for help. Jus so you'll help some ideal of wether what people is true or jus they think it's true. :P:P

Lastly. ENJOY the HOBBY!! must must after spending so much money, time and also have to listen to nagging by wife/girlfriend/mother. DIE DIE MUST ENJOY!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

go read bawater's guide. its VERY useful :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

please du hear the marine lfs advise as sometimes they dun really know to set up their own tank and keep in mind they wanna make $$$..

except u go to a nice shope with an honest owner.. good luck

• SRC Member

everyone had through this....this is what they call "paying school fees".......... :lol:

Well it may not be exactly a fair statement. ML is 1 gd example, advise can consider rite?

On the other hand, I do agree that it would be more ex to seek LFS advise. Suggest u do some reading and list the more specific questions. Then SRC pple can help you better. :yeah::yeah:

Well it may not be exactly a fair statement. ML is 1 gd example, advise can consider rite?

On the other hand, I do agree that it would be more ex to seek LFS advise. Suggest u do some reading and list the more specific questions. Then SRC pple can help you better. :yeah::yeah:

yeah Henry of ML is one guy that dishes out good advise, esp to newbies........jus went there this afternoon n heard him toking to a ###### abt setting up a tank......"its not as simple as mix water, put sand etc" well u guys know the rest ;)

technically, it is possible to even use an overhead filter. (= just thats its not recommended. why so? hmm. I can only think of salt spray as the main reason.

I've seen people using the Eheim hang on filters before. a good example is this friend of mine. or the display tank at Marine Life...although I heard that made way for a new display tank.

• SRC Member

Not sure about ML's advise part. I have been there a couple of times. Their stuff not exactly cheap. Also just about everything I showed interest in is not for sale and for his show tank. I would say if it's not for sale, dont display it in you normal tanks or at least paste a sold or not for sale sign. The boss also a bit tao leh got those bo chiab kind and not very friendly.

Or maybe I just went at the worong time. maybe it's That Time Of the Month. Relative visit. :D