Not honoring sales transaction...

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Hey guys, notice there's quite a few cases of people "putting aeroplane" in the sell/buy section... agreed to buy something and somehow disappear into thin air...

It happened to me before at ebay and it can be quite irritating...my sympathy to those who are experiencing it now... especially to LiveRock who took the trouble to make that Moonbar...

One good thing ebay does is allow us to "blacklist" these people... Can imagine the ()$U*()*#@#$ comments I have left for that fellow...

Blah! People these days...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a buyer n seller risk.

also got buyer kenna "smoke".

seller sell to higher bidder after promised.

which I tik is also an issue.

anyway, who knows who's telling the truth.

just buy n sell things wary n at own risk.

• SRC Member

There are always risk in any sales transaction, more if online. Maybe the seller can also exercise some initiative to safeguard their own interest, eg asking for a deposit.

May I suggest having a seller/buyer rating system, something similar to the one on yahoo, where buyers and sellers are invited to include comments and this is open for all to see?

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

i am a frequent user of ebay, from overflowboxes, to marine books, calcium reactor and recently an aquac ev p/s.... and it's really damn cheap to get things their whether new or 2nd hand... its a big risk for buyers, trusting the seller, paying them upfront before shipping. Guess i am quite lucky w my previous deals, but most of them try to put a good reputation.... usual things i do before i bid;

1. ask questions to seller... u'd get a hint from their response if they r courteous enough and trustworthy.

2. check his feedback... most are regular ebayers... if quite new and less deals or with lots of negative feedbacks, i drop the item no matter how cheap and how nice or how urgent i need it...

3. check the actual retail price of the item outside ebay.... u cant blame them if u have to pay higher than retail price; u bidded. usually i give an allowance of US$30 for shipping so i know how much roughly i can go through the bidding process....

.... and in the part of the bidder, dont bid unless u cant pay...

:evil::evil::evil:

hope this helps.....

• SRC Member

no use blacklisting them. they'll be back with a different nick. just have to have plenty of back up buyers i guess. irritating thing is, he or she can be the first to approach you and reserve the stuff. but can only collect say 1 week later. just 20 seconds later, another buyer would call and able to collect right away. this would put the seller into a situation. honour your word and sell to the first to approach(and take the risk of aeroplane) or sell to the one who can collect right away? well i can just say that sometimes doing the honourable and right thing can be a bad and regrettable move :( have to look out for own ###### sometimes.

its not my credit card. its my mums. and I over exceeded my own budget for quite a bit. so need to save up first. getting my mum to pay for every purchase is not very nice if you ask me.

yah. my five cents. I'd never back out of my word, unless it made the difference between life and death. and this time round, it really made the difference. yeah. something bad cropped up and luckily for me, if I did spend the money, I guess...well. I guess something bad would have happened then.

yeah. once again, sorry Joe_P if you're reading this.

no use blacklisting them. they'll be back with a different nick. just have to have plenty of back up buyers i guess. irritating thing is, he or she can be the first to approach you and reserve the stuff. but can only collect say 1 week later. just 20 seconds later, another buyer would call and able to collect right away. this would put the seller into a situation. honour your word and sell to the first to approach(and take the risk of aeroplane) or sell to the one who can collect right away? well i can just say that sometimes doing the honourable and right thing can be a bad and regrettable move :( have to look out for own ###### sometimes.

darren...

u and i know who *she* is.... ;)

hope it wun happen to you like it happened to me

• SRC Member

i agree on you. The person say no $ must wait till end of month. Ok I wait. End of month come, he say still no $ ask me find another buyer. What the XXXX!!!!

the when i put up my things for sales, so many enquiries. I took the trouble to reply the PMs and only a few bother to return a courtesy message to say whether they still want or not.

Altho' i still manage to sell my stuff to an honourable buyer.

So, its no use debating here whos right or wrong. It will still happen. All just have to look out for your own ######.

I also encounter ridiculosly bid for some sales. This is no charity. If you can't afford, save up for it for later. Not as if u gonna die without the intended stuff.

Anyhow, stop pondering over such, move on :)

• SRC Member
the more you guys talk about this, the worse I feel :cry:

dun lah... what done cannot be undone. You already apologise. At least you bother to.... so just move on. And u r sensible enough to how to budget .... not so bad already lo.... :) Live within your means.

• SRC Member

ok, since everyone is airing their greivances here, let me say mine although its not about dishonouring transaction.

5months ago i sold someone a 2nd hand PS for $40 at 1 week old. About a month ago, he sold someone that same PS stating it's only 2months old and at $40. I saw that thread too late to stop the would be buyer.

• SRC Member
regularguy Posted on Dec 3 2003, 02:42 PM

ok, since everyone is airing their greivances here, let me say mine although its not about dishonouring transaction.

5months ago i sold someone a 2nd hand PS for $40 at 1 week old. About a month ago, he sold someone that same PS stating it's only 2months old and at $40. I saw that thread too late to stop the would be buyer.

IMHO,

its up to the seller and buyer to state the terms and conditions.

happy? then transact lor... :D

not happy? then compromise...

cannot? call off lor...

better safe than lose $$$

personally i did mark up the price of some of the stuff

i wanted to sell, but thats cos people bargain and ask for ridiculous prices...

but in the end, when i met up, i still gave them at original price.

no point earn fellow reefers $$

last time kanna conned until cannot tahan man...

ebay....send money order liao, goods he claimed he send over liao.

what to do? LPPL

do service for people,

finish job liao, then offered personal cheque, bounce!

what to do? LPPL

• SRC Member

i had the same case!!! there was this person who was looking for a cannister filter... i intend to post mine in the forum but pm him first if he's interested... i used it for more than 1 1/2 years and selling it at $70... he gave me all the lousy excuses such as he's broke, he bought liverocks and no more budget blah blah blah...... asking for $40... i compromised sold it for $50... a few weeks later, he was selling it for $60 and claiming it was just 6months old.... crap businessman.... i wouldnt mind him selling it at a higher price, but to misrepresent the product... darn.... y the hell people like this exists.....

• SRC Member

Yeah... no money no talk... (_*#$)(#$ esp to those who pm and want to buy your fish or coral but later in the end say no money... wait one month or two months later...

YUp lor..... so best thing i suggest is

If the person is int in buying, he should go down to ur house and personally view the livestock...

If really wan to buy, and he is satisfied wif it, then purchase it on the spot...

This is to prevent misunderstanding , not honouring their words , conflict and risks....

One hand take the livestock , other hand give $$$.

It is a fair deal no arguments will arise...

Same wif LFS... u go there, u like the livestocks, u buy it on the spot.

Dun like it, then dun buy... juz walk off... So simple.. ;)

• SRC Member
Hey guys, notice there's quite a few cases of people "putting aeroplane" in the sell/buy section... agreed to buy something and somehow disappear into thin air...

It happened to me before at ebay and it can be quite irritating...my sympathy to those who are experiencing it now... especially to LiveRock who took the trouble to make that Moonbar...

One good thing ebay does is allow us to "blacklist" these people... Can imagine the ()$U*()*#@#$ comments I have left for that fellow...

Blah! People these days...

i so far never kenna areoplane b4 but once there was a seller sold me a used skimmer n tell me its brand new.. never use before... i gave him the benefits of the doubt and did not chk..when i reached home iopen the box n remove the plastic it feels sticky(after contact with saltwater) can see waterdroplets on the pipes n i taste it.. bloody hell its salty.. the internal skimmeralso feels sticky... somemore there is 2 small cracks on the collection cup... luckily bought at 40~50 only

pui chao nua... 1st guy on my blacklist board