Question on Prata

successnowhere

pratas are easy. almost like brains. choose one with no exposed skeleton, fleshy meat, fully expanded and bright colouration. and dun choose injured and dying specimens obviously. make sure the flesh covers the whole skeleton. price ranges from 6 red notes to 2 and more blue notes. moderate to good lighting, low to medium flow, feed it with meaty food like, once a week or every 2 weeks. advisable to put them on sand so that they do not injure their flesh. however some ppl put them on rock. also can..

i had one prata that i kept in this conditions for quite some time before i sold it off. any more experienced reefers care to correct any of the points i made (if any) thanks.

just make sure u dun see any exposed skeleton where the meat is not covering it... these although can recover, very suseptable to boring green algae. grow on the skeleton and killing the coral.

THEN U HV TO WAIT U GET A CHANCE LIKE THIS TO BATTLE E GREEN ALGAE.. lolx..

else there is much new remedies or achievement ?

THEN U HV TO WAIT U GET A CHANCE LIKE THIS TO BATTLE E GREEN ALGAE.. lolx..

else there is much new remedies or achievement ?

my bubble coral got this stupid algae lor. grow on skeleton. sibei pai kua

Red color and also darker color is better is it ???

Those i saw at RB, the colours are pretty good...maroon red with green face...but cannot compare to those you see at GO la..for that kind of price, cannot ask for much. Since you 1st time trying prata...dun commit those exotic ones u c at GO. If bleached, heart pain...you know wat i mean.

While i m writing this....actually my hands also itchy leh...i wanted to get it also. :lol::lol:

Any special requirement to take care of prata???

I feed my coral(thru water current) using Henry's food and 5 in 1 liquid bottle, is it ok?

Tks

Think the reefers here who keep prata usually feed them with market prawns once a week or alternate week...plankton food probably to supplement.

Henry gourmet also can...but u need to target feed.

PRATA when u c at LFS r normally nt fully open...

Yar unless u see a Deltec or a tokong skimmer and good lightings still not open den dun buy... :lol:

Red color and also darker color is better is it ???

Beauty is the eye of the beholder :)

Prata prefers low current flow and are greedy eaters... Put a small piece of market prawn and see them swallow!

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Guys, I was just wondering if its better to leave the piece of prawn on the prata for it to swallow or stuff the prawn into its mouth. I find that leaving the prawn on the prata usually results in the prawn being pushed off by water flow. :rolleyes:

mine wont work at all cos if i place a food, my fishes will snatch it away!