Finally! My 2ft Show Tank :)

Finally, my 2 ft marine tank is up for show after major rescapeing work done for the past week.

Sorry, all the pic taken might not be clear cos I'm using my iphone to take pic...

post-16076-1236178977.jpg

post-16076-1236179006.jpg

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

keep the pic coming in =)

only a maroon clown?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Senior Reefer

nice tank and nice iphone! some of the corals u chose are really demanding like the goniopora. do note that some leather corals can be toxic to LPS. run carbon and change it 2-4 months.

this is a good website with care on some of the more popular corals

http://www.asira.org/caresheets

great tank! coming alone nicely (:

I have just make over my tank to this show tank after a sad disaster last 10 days ago. I used to have many tanks fish in

this tank and have been with me for over 2 years. What happen is all my fishes dead due to power cut off overnight.

To all the experise here, kindly advise me what fishes I can add on to my tank, I will want to have a change this time, I

would like to keep small and hardly fish. My NO3 is still at the peak despite I have change my tank water for 4 times since

the past 10 days, I have start to dose AZ-NO3 since 3 days back and change the filter media in my canister last night.

Water temp 26.5 to 28 deg max. Amonia=0, NO2=0, Salt=1.020, pH=8.2

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member

nice tank and very nice zoo... i just leave my leather alone at a corner in my nano... not running carbon and no problem so far. i do frequent water changes though... since its a small 2ft tank, not a big effort to water change

i see u are using 4 tubes of t5, u might want to consider bringing the crocea further up.. they are pretty light demanding if you want their nice coloration to stay. and try and take out the green tube and hydrometer. quite distracting for such a nice tank. my 2 cents =)

Tks for all the comments. Can someone pls highlight me what corals need special feeding and what to feed.

I don't know the name of those corals.

Btw, what fishes can I added in to my tank, I want those small and cute and reef safe type.

Taken out the leather corals as some bros here say leather corals will be toxic,

added in 2 zoa from AhBeng today, do some rescapeing, sorry me not expert lah...

post-16076-1236352625.jpg

post-16076-1236352645.jpg

post-16076-1236352695.jpg

post-16076-1236352743.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at your tank, it looks like you are overstocking it. I do not recommend buying bangaii cardinals from LFS because they are now endangered according to the IUCN 2008 red list and only reefers with the intention of breeding them should do any purchase at all. You also have a couple of spotted cardinals in there. I don't think the cardinals are going to live peacefully together.

From my experience with chromis, they do not surive in shoals well in a smaller tank. They usually end up with the strongest one within a matter of days to weeks.

• Senior Reefer
Looking at your tank, it looks like you are overstocking it. I do not recommend buying bangaii cardinals from LFS because they are now endangered according to the IUCN 2008 red list and only reefers with the intention of breeding them should do any purchase at all. You also have a couple of spotted cardinals in there. I don't think the cardinals are going to live peacefully together.

From my experience with chromis, they do not surive in shoals well in a smaller tank. They usually end up with the strongest one within a matter of days to weeks.

most banggai cardinals are captively bred now. not all are taken from the wild. perhaps should ask the LFS before buying...i have 3 different kinds of cardinals in my 3ft tank all living peacefully. so far no problems.

most banggai cardinals are captively bred now. not all are taken from the wild. perhaps should ask the LFS before buying...i have 3 different kinds of cardinals in my 3ft tank all living peacefully. so far no problems.

It is true that not all are taken from the wild but certainly not that most banggai in LFS for sale are captive bred.

Agression inbetween species are more likely especially for his 3 bangaii depending on the gender of the fish.