mY sImPlE nEw CuBe TaNk

Jameshong

My new 2ft cube tank just arrived this morning from tank maker Yong Hua :yeah: !

I'll be biz for the couple days to setup and cycling my tank soon :ph34r:

For ANN cycling, I'll shorten it by transfering all my current RSM LR, add Natures Ocean Live Aragonite Sand and PRODIBIO BIOPTIM to the main tank.

Beside that, will be adding Iwarna.....BLACKSEALAB Premium “VolcanALive†Trace & BioSubstrate inside the Sump as Refugium and BioHome Plus to cultivate nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to grow.

Tank Spec: 2x2x2ft 10mm EOF with sump

Kapok cabinet with self supplied Sugatsune stainless steel hinges :evil: .

Cabinet colour matching my house design :eyebrow: !

Equipment: Ehiem 1260 as return.

Vortech MP20 (Intend to add 1 more :ph34r: )

Deltec MCE 600

TLF FR with Rowaphos

Arctica 1/10 chiller powered by AB2000

RR pH and Temperature monitor device

DIY 22 SSC P4 LED lighting (12 PW and 10 RB) with Meanwell PS. (Half way thru' and projected to finish b4 end May)

Fish and coral : not yet decide but will transfer my current tank LS over first after ANN cycle.

Front view

DSC00009.jpg

Sump

DSC00011.jpg

Sugatsune stainless steel hinges

DSC00014.jpg

Side view

DSC00018.jpg

Top view

DSC00022.jpg

Any comments and feedback are welcome.

:bow:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice tank and cabinet. :rolleyes:

Display 3ft x 1.5ft x 2ft Custom Tank with 52 kg of Live Rock.

Sump 2ft x 1ft x 1.5ft Custom Tank with 5kg of Live Rock,6kg of Bio Home and Chaeto.

2 x 39w T5 HO Aquaz True Actinic.

2 x 39w T5 HO Aquaz Blue Plus.

1 x Resun 650 Chiller.

1 x Weipro 2012 Protein Skimmer.

1 x DIY Fluidize Reactor with Rowaphos.

2 x Hailea 5000L/hr Return Pump.

1 x SunSun Flow Pump.

2 x Seio 820 Flow Pump.

nice size tank! do post pics on ur lights!

not so fast, as I need to box up with acrylic after finished the wiring.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

hi james...

more pictures and stories bro... seems like you got ur EOF box sorted out huh...

definitely looking forward to your tank thread.

hey, can PM me how much it costs for your setup? - tank set only... ex. equipment.

should be quite power if u're using 2x MP20. hahah...

What's a Meanwell PS ah???

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

any problem working with yong hua? my experience so far so good. i know some pple use various nicks from the other forum, arofantics etc to test his quotes. all from same person under different nicks <_<

No problem working with him :lol: .

hi james...

more pictures and stories bro... seems like you got ur EOF box sorted out huh...

definitely looking forward to your tank thread.

hey, can PM me how much it costs for your setup? - tank set only... ex. equipment.

should be quite power if u're using 2x MP20. hahah...

What's a Meanwell PS ah???

Hi Bro,

Meanwell is a company that manufacture Constant current Power Supply for LED.

Coool... Thinking of getting my tank from him too..

you can get quotation from many tank makers but end of the day...I'm sure you will look for him :pinch: .

Workmanship wise...I find it's reasonably OK with such a good pricing :whistle .

Cheer:)

• SRC Member

Bro, finally get to see your tank! Lets get those waves moving man~ ~ ~

I wanted to ask him to come to my office to give me better advice for my tank upgrade, but I was busy today. Didn't know he was busy with your tank! :eyebrow: Pls do show as much details of your setup as possible!

Yes black silicone is common but hor....I dun follow trend and I prefer clear silicone than black :evil: .

My tank setup costs less than 15 blue note but price vary depend on requestor's equirement lor.

Hi

Very nice & neat tank..

Is the clear silicone your choice? Black silicone more common days..

Can pm me on the price of the tank+cabinet ?

Thanks!

Bro, finally get to see your tank! Lets get those waves moving man~ ~ ~

I wanted to ask him to come to my office to give me better advice for my tank upgrade, but I was busy today. Didn't know he was busy with your tank! :eyebrow: Pls do show as much details of your setup as possible!

ha... beside me, he still got a few setups to rush after my setup hor.. :evil: !

btw, my setup is so sImPLe so no much detail to show leh :whistle !

Quality is reasonable OK.

ha... beside me, he still got a few setups to rush after my setup hor.. :evil: !

btw, my setup is so sImPLe so no much detail to show leh :whistle !

Quality is reasonable OK.

Bro, very nice tank. I am just curious about the EOF. It seems that the water will be gushing down since the outlet is right at the bottom. Are you planning to put some media to reduce the water impact?

Bro, very nice tank. I am just curious about the EOF. It seems that the water will be gushing down since the outlet is right at the bottom. Are you planning to put some media to reduce the water impact?

If I'm not wrong, the water will be gushing down whether IOF or EOF but I'm thinking use Acrylic plate to lead the water slowly down to the bottom inlet instead of pouring down lor.

Wolud like to hear from user or senior commment leh :rolleyes: .

If I'm not wrong, the water will be gushing down whether IOF or EOF but I'm thinking use Acrylic plate to lead the water slowly down to the bottom inlet instead of pouring down lor.

Wolud like to hear from user or senior commment leh :rolleyes: .

bro... u can either install a durso... but try it out without and see if u can accept it.

I used to have a durso, but removed it. I'm running 1260 -> chiller -> main tank. Almost can't hear anything.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

bro... u can either install a durso... but try it out without and see if u can accept it.

I used to have a durso, but removed it. I'm running 1260 -> chiller -> main tank. Almost can't hear anything.

I'll try and hopefully have spare time to diy acrylic sheet with a shape like > to lead the water from top to bottom by next week.

Just finished salt mixing and added BLACKSEALAB Premium “VolcanALive†Trace & BioSubstrate in my sump :yeah: .

Will be putting 2 package of BioHome plus in the 1st chamber 2moro nite :eyebrow: .

Some update...for my DIY lighting.

Collected the customized acrylic sheets from DAMA this afternoon and all are use to box up my 22 LED's lighting at later stage.

2 Big holes for fixing fan.

DSC00023.jpg

5 small holes on the left & right panel for air ventaliation

DSC00024.jpg

The fan will be fixed on the top panel with acrylic bot and nut so it'll not get rusty.

DSC00028.jpg

concurrently, tank is under ANN cycling while waiting for the Live sand stock :eyebrow:

I'm very buz so everything will be in very slow pace :whistle !

Lighting update:

Almost 90% completion.

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

Fan fixed with acrylic Screw.

DSC00036.jpg

Internal wiring.

DSC00038.jpg