fish to start off

Most hardly fish i ever encounter will be of course the damsel fish... Used to keep in my tank for one year without changing water also wouldnt die.. except lossing in color.. :P

• 4 years later...
  • SRC Member

I used a damsel and a few chromis in my cycle for my nano(I was a noob then and lfs said it was okay :() and I have to say that the damsel is definitely stronger than chromis. I still have that damsel until today and its still model citizen of the tank. I do have another black colir camsel(blue velvet damsel) and that one is a pain in the butt. He has caused nearly every new fish to jump out of the tank and is incredibly difficult to catch. Even worse is that he purposely attacka other fish when they are taking food, even though he isnt hungry. Bully until so much but one hell of a character :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I used a damsel and a few chromis in my cycle for my nano(I was a noob then and lfs said it was okay :() and I have to say that the damsel is definitely stronger than chromis. I still have that damsel until today and its still model citizen of the tank. I do have another black colir camsel(blue velvet damsel) and that one is a pain in the butt. He has caused nearly every new fish to jump out of the tank and is incredibly difficult to catch. Even worse is that he purposely attacka other fish when they are taking food, even though he isnt hungry. Bully until so much but one hell of a character :)

While cycling my tank, went to many LFS to get an idea, when i visited LCK 201 he told me about Damsel and its aggressiveness, thanks to him.. i never bought any damsel until now, just started up with chromis, but Damsels got different colors and looks nice :) and HARDY fish.

• SRC Member

My first fishes are two clownfish , and they're all die :lolz

Damsel, Chromis, firefish are easier to keep

Also my first fishes were clown fishes, They fasted without eating anything and went to deep sleep after few days :(

Now i have two clown fishes, but before buying them i confirmed that they are feeding on pellet, they are enjoying now...

• SRC Member

Clown fish for me. My first citizen with me until today on my third setup.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Yellow tang. It is one of the very first few fish till now survive

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Gobys Do Well in small tanks..True Percs And Black Oceralis..Fire fish Is A Another Good Option..Blennies etc..cardinals also are good nano fish..There Are Many to choose from who do well in Nano Tanks note bro a tank That Size Maybe max 7 fishes..If im correct..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html