LFS Update and Shipments - 04 MAY to 10 MAY 09

• SRC Member
No competition so.... price up...got competitors...price down :ph34r: !

I do agree that only LCK dare to bring in exotic fishes, so bobian...if we want it then have to buy liao :whistle

Two ways of personal thinking. Some might think that only this particular FS bringing in the special stock so they could jack up the price. Some think otherwise like ok, price reasonable better than shop JXX or so.

Very difficult to understand. Want best, want cheap is Asian thinking. In the end no profit so don’t bring in :pinch:

To my understanding, LFS is taking risk of bringing in LS directly from overseas supplier isn’t come cheap. Some exporter require you to have a deposit of maybe US$5000 upfront, some want you to pay first before shipping to you. Take for example, if importing LS from Mexico or Costa Rica you will see at least 20 -30 kings and Cortez angel from Juvinile to adult plus others fishes make up of 200-300 kg. LFS have to sell min of 80% to make profit to run his biz. If everyday 1 or few pcs die, then he will surely make a negative profit. To be frank, how many of us will buy king or Cortez angel if there are 30 pcs of Kings in the shop? Maybe 20pcs? What abt the balance of 10pcs? The LFS will have to maintain and hope to clear it soonest so that the loss will be lesser. That is why most LFS would not want to take risk and loss $ unless they have and need it for exporting. So better take it from the one who import in and still can choose for the healthy pcs.

It is getting more and harder into doing Marine biz.

I am not supporting any LFS by saying this, but to state the true fact. Is 1 pc of AT from $150 - $180 too much and Ridiculous! Or a AT for $250 -$450 better? I ever ask for a emperor from Indonesia only 5 inches from a shop in the western side of Spore (HDB shop) you know what is the price? $90!!!! And claim it was hand caught. So here we can tell which is reasonable, which is not.

Ok That’s All Folk :rolleyes::eyebrow:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still waiting for my green banded goby from LCK ): maybe its time to place another order incase my last one got forgotten or lost in transaction :D

LCK still remains one of my fav LFS in the west. always bring in alot of fishes and the quality there no horse run.

No ORA shipment so u wont see your order. Steven is not able to bring in some fishes, there are some orders i've waited for a year le still dun hav, though he says he'll try to get. So cannot expect too much. Best is see wat buy wat.

Anyway this is a barber fish (Johnrandallia Nigrirostris):

They are parasite cleaners for other fishes, and can be kept in a small group (they like to school in nature). Extremely hardy and takes all kinds of food easily. A seldom seen butterfly. A lot left to choose at LCK:

post-10328-1242210315.jpg

• SRC Member
No ORA shipment so u wont see your order. Steven is not able to bring in some fishes, there are some orders i've waited for a year le still dun hav, though he says he'll try to get. So cannot expect too much. Best is see wat buy wat.

They are parasite cleaners for other fishes, and can be kept in a small group (they like to school in nature). Extremely hardy and takes all kinds of food easily. A seldom seen butterfly. A lot left to choose at LCK:

parasite cleaners? how much is one?

what colour note it might be can pm

Two ways of personal thinking. Some might think that only this particular FS bringing in the special stock so they could jack up the price. Some think otherwise like ok, price reasonable better than shop JXX or so.

Very difficult to understand. Want best, want cheap is Asian thinking. In the end no profit so don’t bring in :pinch:

To my understanding, LFS is taking risk of bringing in LS directly from overseas supplier isn’t come cheap. Some exporter require you to have a deposit of maybe US$5000 upfront, some want you to pay first before shipping to you. Take for example, if importing LS from Mexico or Costa Rica you will see at least 20 -30 kings and Cortez angel from Juvinile to adult plus others fishes make up of 200-300 kg. LFS have to sell min of 80% to make profit to run his biz. If everyday 1 or few pcs die, then he will surely make a negative profit. To be frank, how many of us will buy king or Cortez angel if there are 30 pcs of Kings in the shop? Maybe 20pcs? What abt the balance of 10pcs? The LFS will have to maintain and hope to clear it soonest so that the loss will be lesser. That is why most LFS would not want to take risk and loss $ unless they have and need it for exporting. So better take it from the one who import in and still can choose for the healthy pcs.

It is getting more and harder into doing Marine biz.

I am not supporting any LFS by saying this, but to state the true fact. Is 1 pc of AT from $150 - $180 too much and Ridiculous! Or a AT for $250 -$450 better? I ever ask for a emperor from Indonesia only 5 inches from a shop in the western side of Spore (HDB shop) you know what is the price? $90!!!! And claim it was hand caught. So here we can tell which is reasonable, which is not.

Ok That’s All Folk :rolleyes::eyebrow:

truely agreed with big bird but most human always go for cheap things even hobby got no excuse.

i currently have a stand i'll get ex fishes that i treasure more it not bout the price it bout can u able to keep it for long and minimun diesease

parasite cleaners? how much is one?

One blue note, not cheap, but since this is a fish that we rarely see, i think the price is reasonable. I've got one and fall in love with the fish becos it has a v comical face and it is v alert and friendly to feeding, not shy at all and behaves well with other fishes. Will consider getting a few more to see how they behave in a group.

• SRC Member
One blue note, not cheap, but since this is a fish that we rarely see, i think the price is reasonable. I've got one and fall in love with the fish becos it has a v comical face and it is v alert and friendly to feeding, not shy at all and behaves well with other fishes. Will consider getting a few more to see how they behave in a group.

ic, thanks bro! see whether ... i like a not when i see it. HAHA.

yea. must be patient for my banded goby (:

that fish is rare right!? that butterfly. i mean, rare in the industry.

Yes its rarely imported becos not popular. But it's abundant in the wild.

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

快捷办理卡尔顿大学毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118卡尔顿大学文凭认证办理Carleton毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证Carleton University

2. 0

快捷办理多伦多大学毕业证加拿大证书Q微707091118多伦多大学文凭认证办理UT毕业证成绩单,诚信专业办理加拿大大学留服认证University of Toronto

3. 1

Chalice And Yuma Frags to clear

4. 1

Chalice And Yuma Frags to clear

5. 194

WTS live rotifers, tigger pods, phyto