LFS Update and Shipments - 11 Jul to 19 Jul 09

• SRC Member
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:eyeblur:CF...got one & only Indian Butterflyfish/Headband Butterflyfish/Oblique-banded Butterflyfish aka Chaetodon mitratus...3 inch size.

The Indian Butterflyfish is one of the easiest butterflyfish to keep in the aquarium and will work well with a variety of tank mates !

The Indian Butterflyfish or Headband Butterflyfish is one of these very handsome and attractive marine fish. It is a very popular butterflyfish among aquarists but commands a high price.

No special care is needed to maintain the Indian Butterflyfish. It will immediately accept foods even when first introduced to the aquarium, and It will take a variety of foods. When it is well acclimated it will go up to the surface to take foods from its keepers. Though not a very quick swimmer, it swims freely and usually spends a good deal of its time in the open water. Many reef-keepers hope to keep it in a mini reef, but like many butterflyfish it can be a coral eater if living corals are maintained. It can be kept for several years with twelve years being the record.

post-2609-1247323841.jpg

• SRC Member

:eyeblur:CF...also have Sri Lankan exotic Goby, Long-finned Fairy Wrasseys, Yashas pair, somewhat rare nice-sized Griffis Angel aka Apolemichthis griffisi. :yeah:

:pirate:Hurry Hurry !!! :eyebrow:

Note: Popular among rare angelfish enthusists, this species is among the safer choices for the reef aquarium, other than members of the genus Centropyge or Genicanthus. Does well in captivity like the closely related but slightly more obtainable Goldflake Angel. The Griffis Angel is ususlly around 3"-4", rarely are they much larger or smaller. This is generally an exceptionally passive fish and it should be housed only with docile tankmates.

Although certainly not without risk, this is among the safer "full sized" angels that is kept in reef aquariums.

post-2609-1247376866.jpg

• SRC Member

• SRC Member

:yeah:CF...got a juvenile 2.5 inch size Chrysurus Angel aka Pomacanthus chrysurus.

Also known as the Ear Spot Angelfish, the Chrysurus angel fish is one of the few marine angelfish imported from Africa. The adult Chrysurus angelfish has a blue/black body fading to a tan color around the head. The vertical stripes of the Chrysurus angel are white on the body with electric blue lines around the face. The Chrysurus angel has a striking yellow tail.

May eat some soft corals and nip at large Polyped stony corals, zooanthids and clams. Smaller specimens are less risky.

When they are available, the Chrysurus angel is an exceptional choice for anyone interested in keeping rare angelfish and the dedicated hobbyist should move fast ! :eyebrow:

post-2609-1247378460.jpg

• SRC Member

:idea:HOT TIP - And if U examine closely in one of their GOBY nano tanks, U will find a sweet little

Flaming Prawn Goby aka Discordipinna griessingeri !!! :yeah:

:rolleyes: It's the expen$$$ive sibling of Yellow Rose Antenna Goby aka Stonogobiops nematodes. :eyebrow:

:whistle I'm still trying to find its latin name. <_<

post-2609-1247378795.jpg

• SRC Member
:rolleyes: It's the expen$$$ive sibling of Yellow Rose Antenna Goby aka Stonogobiops nematodes. :eyebrow:

:whistle I'm still trying to find its latin name. <_<

There is only Stonogobiops xanthorhinica and Stonogobiops dracula...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

:idea:HOT TIP - And if U examine closely in one of their GOBY nano tanks, U will find a sweet little

Flaming Prawn Goby aka Discordipinna griessingeri !!! :yeah:

Sighz... Mine disappeared in my nano...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Sighz... Mine disappeared in my nano...

u need a pico to see it, i got 2 in a pico now , have to keep turning the lr just to spot them in the holes

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

Shipment of SPS spotted at Desmond's place. Good assortment of Acroporas with nice colours! Wild and not aquacultured.

Those looking for table millis, head down there ASAP. Saw at least 4 pieces, and they had pink coloured ones... =)

Shipment quantity not huge though... so grab before they are gone!! :whistle

Also, US zoas spotted at Ah Beng's place.... healthy and opening. Those dying to get their hands on some good zoa colours... can try ur luck... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
Has anyone seen any yellow or radiant wrasse for sale??

check with LCK? since they got african shipment in

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

Shipment of SPS spotted at Desmond's place. Good assortment of Acroporas with nice colours! Wild and not aquacultured.

Those looking for table millis, head down there ASAP. Saw at least 4 pieces, and they had pink coloured ones... =)

Shipment quantity not huge though... so grab before they are gone!! :whistle

Also, US zoas spotted at Ah Beng's place.... healthy and opening. Those dying to get their hands on some good zoa colours... can try ur luck... :rolleyes:

Pardon my blurness. Where is Desmond's place?