White faeces = sick fish?

• SRC Member
My tank bred true percs also hav white wastes... But if its tank bred and its an aussie how could it be cyanide case for mine... If its intestine bacteria how to cure?? Sorry bro chamty borrowed ur thread... :whistle

Can read the links Gouldian provided for Haxamita. Getting metronidazole however is a pain as LFS here don't carry them. Can get from ebay or vets(v. ex!) I can prob spare you a few to tide through a few days. Or you can buy from me if you need more :) my bottle of 100 tablets can definitely last me way past the expiry date anyway.

• SRC Member
Can read the links Gouldian provided for Haxamita. Getting metronidazole however is a pain as LFS here don't carry them. Can get from ebay or vets(v. ex!) I can prob spare you a few to tide through a few days. Or you can buy from me if you need more :) my bottle of 100 tablets can definitely last me way past the expiry date anyway.

However the fish seems healthy but thnks for the offer :thanks: When the situation seems to deteriorate i'll most probably will hav to seek ur help... :pinch:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
However the fish seems healthy but thnks for the offer :thanks: When the situation seems to deteriorate i'll most probably will hav to seek ur help... :pinch:

I did some research online and read that once the fish displays signs of internal parasites, it will always have it if within if not cured. If it does not display the symptoms, it just means that the fish is strong enough presently to combat the parasites. However if it is weakened in future (by stress or other diseases), might eventually succumb to it.

Call me kiasu, but I still prefer to treat my healthy and greedy cheap chromis and sleep better at night :paiseh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
White poop = Death

Highly likely that its cyanide poisoning. I've bought fishes from there before, and got a few cases of fishes with suspected cyanide poisoning.

My lion regularly produces white feces but has been doing fine for 3 months now. Maybe for some fish it's normal for it to be white? ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
bro how much Metronidazole do you need? I have plenty, depending on how much you need, either sell or give to you :) Can try Sam-a-reef if you wanna get Prazipro.

did the fish zole helped your fishes?

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator