Water Temp. 20.5C - CAN????

• SRC Member

now running the water.. then today when touch the water and find really cold.. ya save up money on chiller and bought a good MH light.

good things is that the building Air-con runs monday-sunday, only mid night till morning is off.. but room still chill... (i ever pop in office around 0700hrs and room still chill.

Office- IMM Jurong.

• SRC Member
wah leow. since using ah kong's money turn on longer la. we poor blokes at home have to count the number of hours because have to pay for electricity bill and you don't have to only on it for 5 hours!!!!! :shock::huh:;):P:D

I understand this from LFS that if MH light more then 5-6hrs will kill the coral.

• SRC Member

I understand this from LFS that if MH light more then 5-6hrs will kill the coral.

I also understand that we must take what the LFS says with a pinch of salt. :lol:

I may be no expert but i can tell you that is not true, i've seen pple on their MH for 8hrs a day with no problem.

The point is to slowly acclimatize corals,clams and other photosynthetic organisms to MH lighting or even T5 lighting. A sudden increase in photoperiod or light intensity for the same duration can increase photosynthetic activity to such a point that there will be lots of free radicals being generated by mitochondria in cells. Too much free radicals will lead to oxidative damage of tissue.

Until now my mushrooms are still recovering from the 'burn'. B)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

My 1600w MH is on for 10 hours daily and that's cutting down from 12 hours already! :) I should have a tank of dead corals already! :lol:

Always take LFS advise with a bucket of salt.

Anyway to answer your 1st question... yes, 20.5C is very cold, too cold for tropical fishes, they'll get stressed. 25c is a good temperature to maintain.

Either that or you can keep cold water fishes from Australia or the Atlantic! :)