2hp chiller!

jd_n

• SRC Member

Well...dunno where to post it so here it is.

My fren had a less than 3mths old 2hp (3660Watts) chiller imported from overseas. Wanna let go at 1.5k....shd i get it??? :unsure::unsure:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

It comes with a thermostat so no need to worry mah. Once the desired temp is reach, chiller will cut off so no power consumption lor. :angel: .

Think can support any size tank...juz the price is holding me back. :erm:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

If your tank is in an industrial area... cool.

For home consumption... errrr.... its quite an overkill. Can't imagine the size, heat and the noise.

Err.... what brand izzit?

• SRC Member

Didn't really take note abt the brand but very silent when in operation. Size is abt the size of those single air-con unit (squarish shape type).

Think with this fella, put 3 400W or 1000w MH also no prob :evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member

heheheh....he wanna let go to me for $900. Who cares abt the brand then rite ;) . Now price has been very attractive to me. Buy buy buy :yeah:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

Didn't really take note abt the brand but very silent when in operation. Size is abt the size of those single air-con unit (squarish shape type).

Think with this fella, put 3 400W or 1000w MH also no prob :evil:

I use 4 x 400w and my 1.25hp Titanium chiller's been able to cope.

Best is not to get something too overspec because I highly doubt if you will go beyond 1600w like me... you have to be a notch crazier... :lol:

But then again....for that price... hmmmm....

• SRC Member

I use 4 x 400w and my 1.25hp Titanium chiller's been able to cope.

Best is not to get something too overspec because I highly doubt if you will go beyond 1600w like me... you have to be a notch crazier... :lol:

But then again....for that price... hmmmm....

Its the price tats very attractive :rolleyes: Though the power consumption is high but the runtime needed for it to run will be very much shorter furthermore a higher power rated chiller will also be less likely to burn out due to longer operatin hrs as compared to a lesser power rated chiller rite. And for my future plannin of a 6ft, dun need to worry abt chiller not power enough liaoz. :upsidedown:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member
if you think its a good deal, go get it then!

then use it, take photos of it and make us jealous and salivate. (=

yup....gonna get it after i psycho my wife to let me get it. Then i can put all my beer in the tank to chill them :yeah::yeah:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member
haha.. chill beer in your tank?

to treat us issit???

quick everyone say "thank you" to jd_n

thank you jd_n...

hahahhhaa..

just joking

Treat u guys beer.....no prob no prob but make sure u walk into my house and lay flat go out. No drunk cannot go hm. :evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

• SRC Member

Think you better be careful. The max current rating of ouy home power socket is only 3000watt. The chiller is 3660watt. 20%more than what the standard 13amp plug can take. You might end up causing a frequent power trip when you not at home and kill all you LS. Or you might overheat the wires and burn your house down.

The alternative is to get an electrician to go to your house and pull another power point from you service balcony which is rated at 30amps. but cannot switch on air con unless you are living in a 5 room where you can have 2 compressor one with higher amp rating.