Sea Water ( Iwarna )

• SRC Member

Hi guys....

Just wondering whether Iwarna provide sea water for late evening buyer?

So far I only noticed that the sea water sale is in the morning...

Anyone went down to buy in the evening?

Because I don't see any of it in the late evening....

Appreciate if anyone of you have purchased sea water in the evening (weekdays).

Please kindly advice.

Thanks.

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

Hi guys....

Please kindly advice.

Thanks.

Hi not sure about Iwaran but u can go ah beng shop to buy....they have ready-packed seawater..one pack is about 10L if i am not wrong..

• Senior Reefer
Hi guys....

Please kindly advice.

Thanks.

yes. they do sell late evening. bought some today around 5+. i think they sell fresh water daily. so could be they repacking it to avoid staling of the water. me not sure :)

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
yes. they do sell late evening. bought some today around 5+. i think they sell fresh water daily. so could be they repacking it to avoid staling of the water. me not sure :)

How much do iwarna sell the NSW for ah? and also ah beng's price if anyone knows.

• SRC Member
How much do iwarna sell the NSW for ah? and also ah beng's price if anyone knows.

if im not wrong,

the last time i asked,

which is many months ago,

ah beng is $2 per bag..

yes iwarna $1 per bag..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Sponsor

Our Seawater is selling @ $1 per bag about 13litres per bag

Operating hours daily (no off day) 8am to 630pm

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

Hi all,

Has anyone measured the specific gravity for Iwarna's sea water? I bought one bag on Sunday and measured it at home with a Corallife deepsix and a floating type hydrometer.

I got readings of 1.0185 and 1.020 respectively. I know that these two types of hydrometers are not very accurate, can anyone let me know the correct SG reading?

bro, i doubt farm can achieve precise mix especially with evaporation, etc. U can take the average or buy a refractometer for more accurate reading. Happy reefing.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Hi all,

Has anyone measured the specific gravity for Iwarna's sea water? I bought one bag on Sunday and measured it at home with a Corallife deepsix and a floating type hydrometer.

I got readings of 1.0185 and 1.020 respectively. I know that these two types of hydrometers are not very accurate, can anyone let me know the correct SG reading?

float type is always out of accurarcy. hydrometer is more accurate.

more for the swing arm type will give a 0.002-0.004 off from true value from my experience.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

bro, i doubt farm can achieve precise mix especially with evaporation, etc. U can take the average or buy a refractometer for more accurate reading. Happy reefing.

I am puzzled because the SG seems so low... with evaporation the SG should be higher and not lower.

float type is always out of accurarcy. hydrometer is more accurate.

more for the swing arm type will give a 0.002-0.004 off from true value from my experience.

I read elsewhere that the swing arm hydrometer is precise but not accurate. Precise in the sense that the reading can be wrong or right in terms of accuracy but it will always give consistent results (wrong will be always wrong by the same degree....)

I just want to know whether the sea water I bought was really too low in SG or my hydrometers are erring on the low side.

I have been keeping my tank water SG at 1.023 using the swing arm hydrometer... now i am worried that my own levels are actually too high.

Can anyone who has been using Iwarna sea water share their experience? Do you add salt to the sea water?

• SRC Member
I am puzzled because the SG seems so low... with evaporation the SG should be higher and not lower.

I read elsewhere that the swing arm hydrometer is precise but not accurate. Precise in the sense that the reading can be wrong or right in terms of accuracy but it will always give consistent results (wrong will be always wrong by the same degree....)

I just want to know whether the sea water I bought was really too low in SG or my hydrometers are erring on the low side.

I have been keeping my tank water SG at 1.023 using the swing arm hydrometer... now i am worried that my own levels are actually too high.

Can anyone who has been using Iwarna sea water share their experience? Do you add salt to the sea water?

The sea water i use from iwarna is usually at 1.020. I don't add salt to it.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

hmmm then it is pretty low. does not seem right.

AM's & CF's should be approx at 1.025

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Hi Peter,

Did you use a refractometer to get a reading? I understand that is the most accurate measurement.

Yes I use a reflectometer.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

so bro, you using the refractometer to test ? any recommend brand to buy ? Currently use the flow type to test on NSW show at 1.018-1.019 :cry2:

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Deepsix also when I started and used it twice, before I just tossed it aside and bought a refractometer.

Got it on ebay from a company that only sells Refractometers (of all sorts, make sure you get one for salinity) on ebay, If I recall correctly it was around SGD$65 - $80 after all shipping charges etc.

Aside from the questionable calibration, and the problem with bubbles on the swing arm, results even from

the same batch of water were inconsistent, I had to take 3 readings and average them out.

I bought a Deepsix also when I started and used it twice, before I just tossed it aside and bought a refractometer.

Got it on ebay from a company that only sells Refractometers (of all sorts, make sure you get one for salinity) on ebay, If I recall correctly it was around SGD$65 - $80 after all shipping charges etc.

Aside from the questionable calibration, and the problem with bubbles on the swing arm, results even from

the same batch of water were inconsistent, I had to take 3 readings and average them out.

Hi bro, Thx for sharing....

No not the same address but its along the road leading to Irwana its the 2nd gate on the right. The moment you hit the road after coming down from the slope turn right (towards Irwana) drive down about 100m you will pass the 1st gate/entrance then 20m more you will see the 2nd gate. Thats where Ah Beng is! Once you are in the area look for the middle shop! You can't miss it and Ah Beng is a crew cut dude who always wears singlets. Can't miss him or his workers!

• 1 month later...

Hi anyone tested the nitrate and other parameters of the NSW? I got mine from Iwarna last time... like they mentioned, always read 1.018-1.021. All else at 0ppm but nitrate sometimes at 0-5ppm...

Recently bought some from Jireh Marine... did not test it till 5 days later... my nitrate in pico tank spike to 20-30ppm... intend to do water change and tested the old NSW from Jireh... nitrate is 20-30ppm just like my tank!!! I was told NSW needs to be used on the same day... anyone tested Jireh's NSW when its fresh? Will the same nitrate spike occur 4-5 days in my tank even tho it was low when fresh?

Any good source for mixed saltwater?